Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

The B1G...

Comments

• Options
    JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2020

This is how it feels to me. Like the first time a beta male demands, "It's my way or the highway," and the alpha responds, "Highway."

"Okay, may I come with you?"

• Options
    razorachillesrazorachilles Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Announcement reportedly coming out before noon and a start date of 10/24.

The cynic in me feels like Big 10 didn't want to kick-off their season on the 17th and have to go head-to-head with Georgia-Alabama

• Options
    ForestryDawgForestryDawg Posts: 29,286 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
  • Options

He totally didn't know the mic was hot... /s

• Options
    edited September 2020

So they agreed to play one less conference game than they do every year, and we agreed to play two extra conference games than we normally play every year.

I hope the playoff committee, takes this soft-ass schedule into consideration (and leaves the B1G out, obviously).

• Options
    Mia_Dade06Mia_Dade06 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Such a joke honestly. Could not have been handled a worse way. So 2 weeks after... CFP committee your play.

• Options
    law_dawg35law_dawg35 Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The BIG will play less games than everyone else and then go to the playoffs. Talk about a BIG advantage.

• Options
    TurkDawgTurkDawg Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

SEC should drop the extra two added games and just play original 8 games. Playing 10 games just results in more losses for everyone and less chances of making the playoffs.

Scrap the SECCG too, for the same reason. Losses matter, no matter to whom.

i want two SEC teams in the playoffs this year, one of them UGA. Don’t care who the other two are.

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Perhaps they actually do like their college football?

• Options
    dawgnation7dawgnation7 Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Imagine Justin opt’s out after fighting for the season. It would be hilarious!

• Options
    Mia_Dade06Mia_Dade06 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Im hoping the opposite is perceived from the extra 2 games and more credit is given win or lose if it’s a close game. They’ve shown to favor SEC (BAMA) in the past let’s continue that trend (Not BAMA)

• Options
    DavidHDavidH Posts: 68 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hopefully the CFP committee will do its job and watch the games and pick the four best teams according to how they look on the field. If a Big Ten team dominates and sweeps through 8 regular season games, plus the conference championship game, and looks great doing so, then they deserve to be in the playoff. Put 'em in and let's play ball in the CFP.

On the other hand, if it's a close call by the eye test between a Big Ten team and a team from another conference, then the non-Big Ten team having played extra games will probably be a tiebreaker.

Short answer: Just win the games in front of you. I highly doubt that whoever is the best team in the country will be left out of the playoff. You want to win a national championship, go out there on the field and leave no doubt.

• Options
    tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

correct. sorry for delayed. watched ozark last night and I have been swamped at work

I see they announced an 8+1 this morn so the bet would only be valid if they have games cancelled and play an even more abbreviated season

• Options

Some people rightly rejoicing the B1G playing football again

And...

Some people are just Nuts! She also tried to degrade the B1G by comparing them to the SEC. I can't prove it but she's probably a Gator fan.

• Options
    PhineasGagePhineasGage Posts: 589 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2020

"Hopefully the CFP committee will do its job and watch the games and pick the four best teams according to how they look on the field. If a Big Ten team dominates and sweeps through 8 regular season games, plus the conference championship game, and looks great doing so, then they deserve to be in the playoff. "

The problem here is that fewer games increases the chance that an ok team can be set up with an light sched and slip into the CFP. It's the perennial Oklahoma problem. Would anyone want Iowa in the CFP if they went undefeated with this sched and beat Minnesota in the conf champ?

Rutgers

Maryland

Nwestern

Indiana

Illinois

Purdue

Nebraska

Mich St

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Did she really post that?

WTF do those abuse scandals have to do with the conference's decision to play football in 2020???!!!!!?!?!?!?!?

Man, someone needs to hold a peaceful protest in her face.

• Options
    GrayDawgGrayDawg Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

I’ll take clickbait first $100 Alex. It really is that simple.

• Options
    razorachillesrazorachilles Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Brutal take by Christine Brennan - hyperbole aside trying to put letting them play football on par with systemic sexual abuse, the holier than thou thread of that article is ridiculous. The worst barb she can hurl at the Big 10 for letting them play? "It choked. It got scared. It's the SEC now"