Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Otis Reese statement.

Comments

• yes they are agreeing on the NCAA part but thing is the NCAA and all the conferences is putting up with a pandemic right now . as far as cops go in athens yes they are terrible i’ve personally had a encounter with one up there in the rain when he almost broke my window telling me to stop .. but they are bad cops everywhere who’s know maybe where he just went he might really encounter one that’s fitting his narrative. there is no transfer in the portal or ncaa in the NFL and they not gonna move you just cause you don’t like there cops .

• jb6423jb6423 Posts: 31 ✭✭ Sophomore

What a joke. When all else fails these kids are taught to play the race card.

• RedFiveRedFive Posts: 99 ✭✭✭ Junior

Well I did two trips to Iraq and I love my country. Venezuela would love to have you as a citizen of you hate it here so bad.

• SubmarineDawgSubmarineDawg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Very sad story all the way around.

• kwgalpinkwgalpin Posts: 189 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited September 2020

That was hard to read. I hope the real and full truth comes out even if it’s something I don’t want to hear. Yikes.

• Dawgsince76Dawgsince76 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ohhh boy, here we go.

• BoroDawgBoroDawg Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • BoroDawgBoroDawg Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nevermind, I found it. Due to my recent stint in Dawgnation jail because I have a different political view than those who run this site, I will refrain. All I’ll say is, some of you condone this type of behavior and the “race card” and “police brutality” is the easiest way for them to receive their participation trophy.

• DawgFanInDEDawgFanInDE Posts: 131 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I don’t doubt the issues he had with the police. I think we’ve seen and heard enough stories to know they take things way too far.

My question is what does Kirby get out of blocking his transfer? If Kirby told him to he’d give him a free waiver if he stayed the course, why would Kirby go back on his word? I mean at the end of the day, we won’t even play Ole Miss this year. Maybe it’s the SEC transfer rule, but to call CKS out is a horrible look for us. On top of all that, now you have some Sr leaders stepping up and vouching for Otis. Kirby will have to deal with this head on in that locker room and I hope he takes care of it ASAP.

I would hope he talked to Gant or TSet. TSet is as solid of a dude I've ever met. Enjoyed my time working with him in Athens. I believe he is still the team Chaplin.

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,646 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Are you implying that this doesn't happen to white/Asian/Hispanic/other students?

• ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I may seem wrong to alot of people. But sometimes talking with no solution only causes people to lose interest in talking. The whole fight for racism to put it in terms that many may understand. Imagine working a job and having a valid complaint at work and nothing happens but any complaint against you ends with you reprimanded.

I guess I'm not following you first point. There are people there to talk to. POC who have very honorable and high positions within the program and I can personally attest are top notch men who I whole heartedly trust and would do anything for. To your second point, yeah I totally get that. Being at the bottom of the totem pole most of my life in the work force, It can definitely be frustrating.