Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Otis Reese statement.

Comments

• Options
    SavageSavage Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Down voted & flagged for speaking the truth....hang tough bruh & keep preaching!

• Options
    JayJay Posts: 198 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sounds like Athens PD need to issue citations for racism. They can meet their quotas and the racists can keep their mouths shut. Two jerks one stone.

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This whole thing is very sad.

• Options
    SupraSupra Posts: 109 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited September 2020

I think Otis could show the NCAA this thread and he'd probably get his waiver. Yikes.

• Options
    law_dawg35law_dawg35 Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wait, Police have quotas?

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great comments! I see it as giving UGA and Athens an unneeded black eye...no pun, please! This reflects badly on UGA as an institution. Reese has been lawyerd-up and is attempting to gain immediate eligibility. Recruits see this stuff and could shy away from the seeming "trouble." Mays still lingers in the headlines as well. I am a UGA grad and never saw one day of racial slurring...others obviously have. I was affiliated with the team as well. Times change as do rules. The Athens police? Not one incident during my stint. New officers today...lots of pressures I never saw...culture very different. IMO. Coach Smart is handling it by SEC and NCAA rules. Not so much by emotion. His off-field MO but not his on-field..LOL. He gets excited.

I hope this passes soon. UGA has a very pro-player enviro. Pro family. Not the way Reese portrays it...or Cade Mays. GO DAWGS!!! Let's think FOOTBALL!!!

• Options
    101ina45101ina45 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think so. My local police have gone out of their way to kindly let me know the speed limit is 35 and not 40 multiple times

maybe they don’t

• Options
    law_dawg35law_dawg35 Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2020

They cant write you a citation unless your going more than 10 over, but they can still stop you. Disclaimer- That doesn't apply to GSP they can write you for 1 over.

Quotas are illegal.

• Options
    PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2020

Fellas, I think we are overthinking this--all of this angst and all of this bile. It is really about Otis getting to play this year. He will say whatever is necessary to be eligible because he wants to play. I get that.

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,737 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Are you saying it's wrong for a police officer to stop you for speeding?

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,737 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That's the problem. The NCAA and SEC have rules governing transfers. Players have discovered that if they lawyer-up and come up with some reason then the powers that be will likely capitulate. Exaggerated claims of systemic racism seem to work quite well. I mean, isn't that what Fields did...and where was he just a few weeks ago? If UGA is such an awful, racist, unsafe place...so bad that he felt he had to leave the entire geographic area, why was Fields hanging out on campus watching our practice? It's all BS.

• Options
    PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wouldn't take it personally. Look at Fields, Mays, and Reese and many others. They are going to make any argument they can to create leverage. They have none in the system the NCAA/SEC has set up. I get this, and the Dawgnation should, too. It really isn't about racism; it's about getting to transfer and play while they are still young men.