Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Arkansas is better than what most people believe.

texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,574 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Georgia obviously didn't play well in the first half.. but ended up having the largest margin of victory in the conference.

Arkansas has now lost 20 straight conference games.....but why is that? I'll argue that over the past 2 seasons......Arkansas may have been the worst coached team in the country.

I believe Pittman, Odom and Briles will correct that. Arkansas played us hard......and they may turn out to be better than we think.

Per 247 (if we believe the rankings)....Arkansas has the 26th most talented roster in the country. And that's out of 130 teams.

Bama beat the 47th best Roster

Florida beat the 30th best roster

TAMU beat the 55th best roster

Auburn beat the 27th best roster

Tenn beat the 21st best roster

And LSU lost to the 23rd best roster.

My point isn't to make Arkansas one of the best victories in Georgia history. Obviously Arkansas has much to overcome. But they are better than many think..... and Stetson didn't have success against an untalented team.

Arkansas has some really good players. And hopefully Coach Pittman can do more with them than the prior regime.

Comments

• LD10LD10 Posts: 434 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Good info Tex...I think they may win 2 or 3 games.

• NickbulldawgNickbulldawg Posts: 56 ✭✭✭ Junior

Yeah that defense Odom dialed up was worlds better than whatever Morris was running last season. Time will tell, but I think this is the smart take.

• dgd829dgd829 Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Art Briles was one of the brightest offensive minds ever, and Kendall worked with Taggart & Kiffin.

Kendall will get a HC job soon, and I guarantee you his teams will always have a top offense. Next Lincoln Riley.

• Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great post Tex! I agree that Arkansas played better than where they're ranked and punched above their weight given the deficiency in talent. I also agree Pittman, Odom and Briles will have those boys ready to play every week. He just needs three solid classes under his belt to improve the talent and depth.

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree with the OP. Of course, I'm a kinda sorta closet Hogs fan when they're not playing the Dawgs!

They looked pretty decent to me. Wouldn't it be fun if they beat some so called good teams like Florida. No, I have zero idea they play Florida, but you know me. I'm the guy who watches the Florida Tennessee game hoping for a tie. Believing it can happen. I love when Tennessee fans kiss their sister.

As they say on any given Saturday in the SEC anything can happen.

Go, Dawgs!

• dgd829dgd829 Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think Arkansas could beat A&M, LSU, Mizzou, Miss St, Ole Miss, Tennessee.

Gonna come down to Franks consistency.

I loved how Arkansas offense put us in a ton of responsibility conflicts.

They only got us to bust 1 time, but we have the top defense in the country, I see Arkansas putting up 25-30 a game in the SEC which is awesome for an all-SEC slate.

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If they win in Starkville this week would you reconsider that number?

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sam’s starting lineup is not that bad but he doesn’t have the depth yet. Good group of coaches at Arkansas they will definitely get better with time.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,882 mod

I think last years quit on Chad Morris. Pitt Boss is his opposite, hired a former HC in Odom and a future HC in Briles. When we look back on the season we will know more.

• LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm no expert, but I'm glad someone else thinks Arkansas is better than anyone expected.

I watched most of the AU/UK game, and UK played tough in the first half, but it looked like they just gave up after they failed to score at the end of the 1st half. The offense looked lost in the 2nd half...they could have made it much closer.

I think Arkansas will surprise some teams.

• Old_lady_dawg_fanOld_lady_dawg_fan Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Until they tuckered out, the hog defense sure didn't spread out any rose petals for the ground game, especially up the middle.

• LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I attributed a lot of that to Pittman and his knowledge of our OL and his OL coaching.

• ugadawgs07ugadawgs07 Posts: 306 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Arkansas don’t have the DB to compete with air raid pirate boy Leach. Y’all sound like a bunch of Disney Dawgs trying to convince yourselves that maybe we didn’t play poorly, and Arkansas is good because Tex said so. Our defense will keep us in the game, but y’all will once again be doom and gloom in the game day thread if the offense starts sputtering. Saban didn’t even make Bama good in his first year, and you expect Pittman( with no power 5 head coaching or coordinator experience) to turn a team around that hasn’t won’t a conference game since in 3 years in his first year. 🤦🏻‍♂️🤣

• texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,574 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Who said anything about turning a team around? Did you read the OP? Or just assume what it said?

• Kdubb0211Kdubb0211 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think Pittman got them up for the game but they’re not good. We played poorly, time to face the music. How many years are we gonna say so and so is better than we thought? They definitely played us hard but we should have hung half a hundred on them by the end of the 3rd.

• papadoc19papadoc19 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Curious where you are getting that number and on what basis are they determining the talent of the roster? Arkansas' last 4 classes were rated 27, 45, 23, 30 by 247.