Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Arkansas is better than what most people believe.

Comments

• ugadawgs07ugadawgs07 Posts: 306 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Since when has Franks been a player that makes any team better.

• GrayDawgGrayDawg Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was being sarcastic, although, I would bet Franks is better than whoever their QB was last year.

• dawfanfromalabamdawfanfromalabam Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We’ll see about Arky. In the meantime, let’s not become Gator fans. After they beat Miami last year (by 4 points), they claimed Miami was greatly improved and would prove to be a good team. Miami went on to lose to Duke, NOrth Carolina, Georgia Tech and mighty FIU.

• SubmarineDawgSubmarineDawg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Odom is a great coach - he always had the Mizzou D ready to play.

That may need to be reposted in the Gator Hate thread. Great story!

• MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Kdubb0211Kdubb0211 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ok I’ll concede they’ve been poorly mismanaged. I think that’s a very true statement but we should have beaten them by 50.

For the MAJORITY of Kirby Smarts tenure it’s taken us awhile to get started and put teams away. Now this year is a little different and I think even when it’s not mentioned it should be a given that with COVID no spring and summer camps. The Newman deal etc that the offense is going to be a little behind the 8 ball. However for whatever reason we’re still starting slow. And this is only a one game sample size and it could be totally different Saturday but what else do we have to talk about, it’s this or who starts at QB vs AU.

I'm confident that Monken gets it worked out. I think personnel is going to make or break this year. I don’t think play calling will be an issue like it has been with previous OCs. I seen some good things on that front against Arkansas.

• donmedeirosdonmedeiros Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

How did you decide we should have won by 50 points? Given all the new players, first-time starters, lack of experience etc. that big of a prediction seems...well, pretty bold. When was the last time we won an SEC game by 50 points?

• Kdubb0211Kdubb0211 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Exactly, when was the last time we won an SEC game that we should win by 50 actually by 50?

The talent disparity for one, and I know Arkansas has the 26th ranked team recruiting etc. However, we started slow again and we played undisciplined unfocused football until stet came in. I know it’s a wild year but my expectations are always high🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

• UgaXforPresidentUgaXforPresident Posts: 275 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This gave me an idea for a fun experiment. I don't normally try to predict games, but like everyone, have some expectations. I'm going to try to predict some things about each game based on all the knowledge up to that point. I'm thinking: points scored, points allowed, number of turnovers we have, number of turnovers we force, and maybe some yardages. By the end of the year, I can compare my expectations and the reality of what happened. Over the course of a full year, the weird bounces should average out and I will be able to find out how realistic my expectations are.

I welcome everyone to try this. It would certainly let us know by the end of the year who has unrealistically high expectations, unnecessarily low expectations, and who we should listen to more often. More importantly, every person who does this will undoubtedly gain more insight about themselves that they can use in the future to improve their mindset. Thoughts?