Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Nick Saban blames his players for UGA loss

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited February 2022 in Article commenting
imageNick Saban blames his players for UGA loss

The finger-pointing continues at Alabama after last month’s upset loss to Georgia in the national championship game.

Read the full story here

Comments

• rtparkerivrtparkeriv Posts: 90 ✭✭✭ Junior

He makes some good points about players being "outcomes based." They don't get enough touches, enough catches, enough playing time and they get disgruntled, which shows up in practice and preparation and ultimately in the games.

• USADawgUSADawg Posts: 374 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't know about the "unsurprisingly, none of the fingers pointed at himself" comment. I have never seen Nick Saban as one who intentionally throws players under the bus. So, to me at least, that IS a bit surprising.

• BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Cry me a freaking river. You failed in this instance, Nick. It's not the players fault they weren't "ready," iron sharpens iron. Tell us you failed by not properly rotating younger players in during games and getting them reps with the 2's and 1's in practice. You rested on your laurels. It happens.

• Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • BrettGarrBrettGarr Posts: 152 ✭✭✭ Junior

So what exactly made this an "embarrassing" loss to Georgia for Alabama, Michael? We were ranked #1 most of the season and generally acknowledged as the best team in the nation -- at least until the SEC Championship Game.

• ypcregypcreg Posts: 251 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Those were very interesting comments from Saban. "Outcome oriented", isn't that why Jermaine Burton went to Alabama? Sounds like we did get to him because he was not normally that way, of course I can't say I know him well.

• ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, That's a shame.

• doubledawg1990doubledawg1990 Posts: 107 ✭✭✭ Junior

Interesting that Saban would talk so pointedly talk about players who are worried about outcomes ("They’re outcome oriented, they want to worry about how many balls they catch or how much playing time they get or whatever it is.") and yet he accepted a player (JB) from UGA through the portal who appears to have left for basically that very reason. At least that's what you'd glean from all the posts on DawgNation as to why JB hit the portal.

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

doubledawg 1990. You beat me to that exact quote. Well said and I feel it fits that player to a perfectly.