Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Roquan Smith Return

brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

any news on whether Roquan will return or not?

Comments

• georgiaboygeorgiaboy Posts: 846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@brentwilson said:

Just assume he’s not until he announces he is.

• dawgdawg Posts: 43 ✭✭✭ Junior

@jay_kubzz said:

@brentwilson said:

Can you edit your title to say "Will roquan smith return?" lol I read it and got so excited

This killed me too. I was hoping for some good news after the game last night and I thought I got it for a second.

• bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As much as I'd love for him to come back he can't do anymore he was clearly the best player on the field last night. Time for him to get paid

• thehutch40thehutch40 Posts: 442 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@bigdawg2223 said:
    As much as I'd love for him to come back he can't do anymore he was clearly the best player on the field last night. Time for him to get paid

^ This. Only reason he would come back is for a degree and another shot at the playoff but his draft stock is just too high right now to not go.

• BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope so, but methinks anytime an inside backer has a solid first round grade, he has to go. If he’s not guaranteed round 1, come back.

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Roquan will be a first round pick. He plays exactly like Deion Jones. Speaking of Jones, maybe Atl can bring a win back from Philly.

• hamsandmichhamsandmich Posts: 296 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Honestly, I would be disappointed if Roquan came back. No more free ball for that young man.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@orlando said:
    Roquan will be a first round pick. He plays exactly like Deion Jones. Speaking of Jones, maybe Atl can bring a win back from Philly.

Nah.

• brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

i don’t understand how y’all sound comfortable with him leaving.... we will have NO senior leadership

• CoachRob16CoachRob16 Posts: 428 ✭✭✭ Junior

Has nothing left to prove in college.

• TomGroseTomGrose Posts: 221 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 2018

@brentwilson said:
    i don’t understand how y’all sound comfortable with him leaving.... we will have NO senior leadership

Jonathan Ledbetter has been a leader since he came back from his rehab. Deandre Baker, Terry Godwin, D'Andre Walker. And Natrez if he can get his head on right.

Someone in the junior class is bound to come through. Nauta, Woerner, Tyler Clark, Hardman, Ridley, David Marshall.

The whole team has bought in. The great seniors always leave...this year was an unexpected exception.

• greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Short answer: no.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hey, maybe he likes it in college and wants to stay. The lure of big $ isn't always the main thing for some folks and he may think he'll still get big $ after one more year at UGA. Personally, I think he's going to opt for the draft, but until that certain lady sings....we can hope.

• EastAtlDawgEastAtlDawg Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As much as we would like home to come back I highly doubt he will.He is no doubt a top 15 pick.

• sarceansarcean Posts: 192 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I want him to come back. I want him to be the heart and soul of the defense. I know he could go 1st round but I think its silly people HOPE he is leaving. I care about UGA football not the NFL. I think Smith could lean us right back to the national title game.

Smith will still make millions in the future whether he comes back next year or not. Hell the university can get insurance that would pay him out millions if he gets injured and hurts his draft stock.

• sethemersonsethemerson Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Deadline to declare is Monday. The news isn't necessarily announced at that point, but I would guess it will be.

Roquan definitely is the type of personality who would stick around if it were a 50-50 proposition, or even 70-30. If he were only a second-round pick I'd be stayed. But he's being projected as a first-round pick.