Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

EA Sports NCAA Football ‘14

BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I miss the game so much, I’m bout to cop an old PS3 and pick up a copy of ‘14.

That’s what got me through the off seasons......

Comments

• bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Playing it right now! That lawsuit ruined the best thing ever.

• josh31533josh31533 Posts: 186 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 2018

All the NCAA had to do was put in a random player generator and add the “any resemblance to any persons living or dead is purely coincidental” disclaimer just like in movies.

Hardly if ever played Madden. ALWAYS played NCAA every year.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

Or they could’ve just paid the kids

• DawgsofWarDawgsofWar Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:

Can't tell if this is sarcasm or not.

@Kasey said:

That’s a can of worms that we don’t want to open. On so many levels.

@josh31533 said:

@Kasey said:

I agree. It's a very easy fix, but they will never do it

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

1992 is when it got real.

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

I really like that Stansbury uniform

@Kasey said:

@josh31533 said:

@Kasey said:

I agree. It's a very easy fix, but they will never do it

I don’t think they will and I don’t think they should either. My take is this, most (not all, hot rod for example until before the Notre Dame game) athletes are on scholarship, if they start paying these athletes, do their scholarships go away and they have to pay their own tuition? How would we decide how much to pay them? Does a starter get paid more than a backup player? Does a kid at a bigger school get paid more than a player at a smaller school? How about the athletes that don’t play the sport that brings the school the most money? Do the tennis players, golfers, equestrian teams, and other athletes get paid as well?

I totally agree that since these athletes are not allowed to have jobs that they should get a bigger stipend, more financial aid. They are no different than regular kids and they want to buy video games, take their girlfriends out on dates, buy clothes that the athletic department doesn’t provide, etc....

But I think paying college athletes would turn college sports into what I hate most about professional sports, I don’t want to say money hungry babies, but sitting out and pouting because you think you’re not getting paid enough? That’s pretty weak in my opinion.

Worst case...put a small amount in a trust for these kids that they can’t touch. Small gesture and wouldn’t take that much

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2018

They already are paying them with that stipend. In 2015-16 UGA's was $3746. Don't know if it has changed since then.

Https://www.ajc.com/sports/uga-stipend-ranks-ninth-sec/pNgiItpmBTTz6E35EogR6L/amp.html

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BamaDawg said:
    They already are paying them with that stipend. In 2015-16 UGA's was $3746. Don't know if it has changed since then.

Https://www.ajc.com/sports/uga-stipend-ranks-ninth-sec/pNgiItpmBTTz6E35EogR6L/amp.html

I remember when the "pay" was first instituted. Tons of people were speculating that because GA wasn't paying as much (the cost of attendance was calculate to be less than say Auburn's) they would have trouble holding on to recruits. I guess the thought was that recruits would automatically go where they got the largest stipend. Didn't really turn out that way.

• BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@josh31533 said:
    Hardly if ever played Madden. ALWAYS played NCAA every year.

That’s how I was. The game is deep.

You ever try to run Techs offense? It was a game with many layers to it.

• CoachRob16CoachRob16 Posts: 428 ✭✭✭ Junior

Great games back in the day.

• KingKirbyKingKirby Posts: 58 ✭✭✭ Junior

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

I played that game when I was six or seven years old and proceeded to play every version of EA Sports college football until it died. In Bill Walsh, you've got to be Colorado if you're not the Dawgs. Kordell Stewart running the triple option... unstoppable.

• JeffSentellJeffSentell Posts: 8,553 admin

Let's have some fun with this. ....

Which difficulty level do you feel Coach Smart and his staff are currently recruiting on? You can take this a couple of different ways.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DawgsofWar said:

@Kasey said:

Can't tell if this is sarcasm or not.

It seemed like a real opinion, it's mine as well.
    Stop ripping the kids off.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@BamaDawg said:

I remember when the "pay" was first instituted. Tons of people were speculating that because GA wasn't paying as much (the cost of attendance was calculate to be less than say Auburn's) they would have trouble holding on to recruits. I guess the thought was that recruits would automatically go where they got the largest stipend. Didn't really turn out that way.

The players were compensated just as highly by UGA as those schools, if not it would have been a problem.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@donm said:

@BamaDawg said:

The players were compensated just as highly by UGA as those schools, if not it would have been a problem.

I think each school was allowed to calculate it's own "cost of attendance" and there were differences between the schools. I don't believe compensation was equal across schools. Are you speaking of some other form of compensation?