Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Gus Mullen over here...

bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Did he really take a shot at us?! Gonna be **** in Jacksonville, GA this year. I guess he didn't pay attention to what happened after Gus made his Dog crap comment.

Comments

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He’s not going to make it long as a head coach at Florida.

Talking a big game is one thing... but the fans/donors won’t put up with it long once he gets beaten soundly for years to come.

The banter is cute, but guarantee the dawgs use it as motivation this whole off season.

“Got to keep working boys! Florida says it was a fluke. Everyone is laughing.”

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bigdawg2223 said:
    Did he really take a shot at us?! Gonna be **** in Jacksonville, GA this year. I guess he didn't pay attention to what happened after Gus made his Dog crap comment.

source?

Thanks. Interesting. Will be fun to see the 2 out of the last 3 years SEC champs next year at WLOCP.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

Gonna use your bulldog mouth better hope your chihuahua @$$ can back it up

@Kasey said:
    Gonna use your bulldog mouth better hope your chihuahua @$$ can back it up

I like what you did there. Chihuahuas can be very fierce, even though they are small.

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Words masking fear

• AlanAlan Posts: 20 ✭✭ Sophomore

"to ensure Florida remains the dominant team a series it has won 21 of the last 28 in"

After watching the Mississippi State game last season, I think we're well past the days of 1992 where Goff's best team couldn't beat Spurrier's worst team.

• law_dawg35law_dawg35 Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2018

42 - 7 how much better do you think they're going to be this coming year, compared to how much better we're going to be this coming year.

• AlanAlan Posts: 20 ✭✭ Sophomore

@DawginSC said:
    UF's run of dominance is primarily due to two great coaches. Spurrier and Meyer.

From 1990-2001... UF was 11-1 against UGA. That was Spurrier.
    From 2005-2010... UF was 5-1 against UGA. That was Meyer.

The entire rest of the history of the series... UGA leads 49-27-2. And they're 4-3 since Meyer left even with much of that in the tail end of Richt.

Perhaps Dan Mullen will become their next great coach. But right now I'd bet on Smart winning many more of those matchups then he loses.

Exactly! I rolled my eyes when one Florida player turned college football commentator talked about "big brother dominance" the week before the game. We never had an answer to Spurrier or Meyer, much like Florida never really had an answer to Vince Dooley, who was 17-7-1 against Florida.

At best - if Mullen does turn out to be Florida's savior, neither team is going to own the series for a while. Think it's safe to say Gator fans are delusional to believe Mullen vs Smart will be like Spurrier vs Goff or Meyer vs Richt.

• DawgsofWarDawgsofWar Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dan Mullen was a mediocre hire at Florida. Couldn't hack it as Miss State and now he's just going to suffer more at Florida. Kirby owns the entire SE in terms of recruiting and Mullen will have a hard time recruiting. He was 2-15 in terms of beating teams from the AP Top 25. He's going to drop games to USCe, Georgia, and TN every year. No SEC East Champions within three years means he's going to get the boot. Tough time to become a Florida coach IMO.

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DawgsofWar said:
    Dan Mullen was a mediocre hire at Florida. Couldn't hack it as Miss State and now he's just going to suffer more at Florida. Kirby owns the entire SE in terms of recruiting and Mullen will have a hard time recruiting. He was 2-15 in terms of beating teams from the AP Top 25. He's going to drop games to USCe, Georgia, and TN every year. No SEC East Champions within three years means he's going to get the boot. Tough time to become a Florida coach IMO.

To be fair, Mullen was working with 2 & 3 star talent at MSU. He'll have mostly 4, and some 5, star talent now. Although the east is on the rise, for the most part, competing in the west was much tougher during his tenure there. Especially when you're MSU, who has perennially been the worst team in the division. The fact that he got them to respectable shows solid coaching. I'm taking the wait and see approach, as to how he does with better players and "3rd & Grantham" on defense.

• BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mullen is a good coach. At Gainesville, his assistant coaches will have to be much better in all aspects of their jobs. His success will be determined by that. Grantham should be a bigger concern than Mullen. If he can't recruit against FSU, MIAMI and others in Florida, it'll be over early.

• JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Teddy said:

@DawgsofWar said:

To be fair, Mullen was working with 2 & 3 star talent at MSU. He'll have mostly 4, and some 5, star talent now. Although the east is on the rise, for the most part, competing in the west was much tougher during his tenure there. Especially when you're MSU, who has perennially been the worst team in the division. The fact that he got them to respectable shows solid coaching. I'm taking the wait and see approach, as to how he does with better players and "3rd & Grantham" on defense.

Yes, Mullen is at Florida now. He can talk smack because his superior coaching talent will no longer be wasted. He can do the Sleezestak chomp and that means Florida will win the East every year now.

• JKFlyfishJKFlyfish Posts: 558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Uncle Eddie is a fool. He forgot how much Gardner's comments cost the lizards last year. Hahaha

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2018

I've noticed that many fans on the swampgas forum are turning their attention to the FSU rivalry.

• gdawg4lifegdawg4life Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Teddy said:

@DawgsofWar said:

Not quite true on what he was working with at Mississippi State. At least not as far as the 2 stars go. From 2009 through 2017, he had 2 five stars and 38 four stars stars. In the last 5 years he signed 2 five stars and 20 four stars. Yes, the larger portion were three stars though.

He will definitely have more talent at Florida and I suspect that he will have them competitive sooner rather than later.

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If CDM wants to beat Ga. his best chance ( and I don’t see it happening) will be this year. After that it’s cancel Christmas.

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

I've noticed that many fans on the swampgas forum are turning their attention to the FSU rivalry.

You sir are a winner in my book. I may have to save that as either my phone background or change logo.