Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

JP calls out AJC for bad journalism it is

Comments

• Options
    Razor2027Razor2027 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UK Daily Mail..the best place to find out what is actually happening in the U.S.

• Options
    BumBum Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That was very enlightening since I haven’t followed the story like some other here have. I get it now. Will be interesting to see if the AJC retracts or doubles down, and if double down….does UGA go after them legally? It appears UGA will.

• Options
    senorlorenzosenorlorenzo Posts: 394 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As someone old enough to recall having only three network channels available using rabbit ears and tinfoil, I watched Walter Cronkite famously say, “And that’s the way it is…” each evening.

I also recall the birth and early years of CNN. Your insider assessment affirms the favorable impression I had as a viewer back then of the network’s journalistic credibility, and your sadness for its current form matches my own.

• Options
    swilkerson7317swilkerson7317 Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

First off. Did you get to meet Paul Newman???? What an amazing guy. Cool Hand Luke. It doesn't get much better. Movie Star AND legit Race Car driver. Does it get cooler than that?

Color me with reminiscent, but I've been very sad for years comparing what CNN was to what it - and most other "media" (define THAT word for me) has become.

The only thing I take issue with is when it's only defined as a liberal press problem. When there is plenty of crazy to go around.

They just pander to the extremes on the left or the right. The kind of people who will watch that stuff all day. Everyone here probably knows somebody like this or at least knows the type.

A real shame too because I do believe most Americans are more towards the middle. That market is being underserved.

P.S. Really great post.

• Options
    DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

247 and On3 don't get their paychecks from Cox, so I'm guessing you probably will not see a mention.

• Options
    DawgsauceDawgsauce Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate