Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Our daily "poor me" national championship article has been posted...

TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I can't find the original thread another poster started about these "what if" "poor me" national championship articles, so had to start a new one. We noticed that they deleted all the comments on that thread yesterday, and now have seemed to later delete the entire thread once it was brought to everyone's attention (ha)... Anyway, these articles/stories are beyond old, please stop posting them. Is DawgNation moving towards a click-bait model, where they just want people to argue and get people talking instead of reporting on the here and now? Losing faith in DawgNation by the minute... End rant. Although, I guess it doesn't matter, as I'm sure this thread will be deleted soon. Never knew a media company loved censorship so much.

Comments

• Options
    BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, its time to move on.

• Options
    DawginknoxvilleDawginknoxville Posts: 62 ✭✭ Sophomore

Same, it's already known we had a great year and the team and coaches are using this as motivation for this year. No need to bring it up everyday.

• Options
    mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agreed. Let's focus the positive. We were 8-5 in 2016. 13-2 in 2017. I had a poll after last years' spring practice and (almost) nobody predicted this kind of success. 2017 is the year we became the SEC Champs (not Bama), and the year we beat out a Heisman trophy winner in the most epic Rose Bowl of my life. As for the NC game itself, it was as close as could possibly be. Great performance and showing all around. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    DawgBiscuitDawgBiscuit Posts: 482 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

DawgNation! Stop with posting the grumbling articles and get focused on the bright future ahead. It's bad enough to have an increase in ticket prices with a less-than-average 2019 home schedule :(

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Can anyone confirm OP’s accusation that mods deleted the previous thread?

I personally think the topic of this thread is kind of silly. No idea why they can just click past the articles they don’t want to read. Rather than to to try censor them via “fan outrage”.

But deleting a thread because the mods don’t like the entirely relevant content is by far the worst abuse I’ve heard of by BA. And as I would expect, the result is heightened outrage...

I find it hard to believe BA really deleted that thread.

• Options
    andrews1253andrews1253 Posts: 427 ✭✭✭ Junior

The articles are embarrassing. I understand the disappointment, however, in light of Kirby's accomplishments, the fact that Georgia is now the hot topic on a national stage and the future looks so promising, I do not understand why some want to continue blaming officials or coaches. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander said:

I personally think the topic of this thread is kind of silly. No idea why they can just click past the articles they don’t want to read. Rather than to to try censor them via “fan outrage”.

But deleting a thread because the mods don’t like the entirely relevant content is by far the worst abuse I’ve heard of by BA. And as I would expect, the result is heightened outrage...

Can’t confirm because I am not a mod, but it is not here. Maybe moved or hidden, but can’t find it. I can confirm comments were deleted when it was around

• Options

@andrews1253 said:
    The articles are embarrassing. I understand the disappointment, however, in light of Kirby's accomplishments, the fact that Georgia is now the hot topic on a national stage and the future looks so promising, I do not understand why some want to continue blaming officials or coaches. Go Dawgs!

I’m still irked a little at Chaney because I worry he might be bad enough he gets in the way of us winning a championship in the future. Just like the most obvious thing, no excuse for not putting more of the workload on Sony rather than Chubb late in the NCG.

That said, as I mentioned previously, I wouldnt fire him. The coaching carousel at winning programs is brutal. And we could definitely do worse than Chaney. I wouldn’t replace him unless Kirby knows he can get who he wants and is very excited about getting him.

• Options

@JRT812 said:

@levander said:

Can’t confirm because I am not a mod, but it is not here. Maybe moved or hidden, but can’t find it. I can confirm comments were deleted when it was around

Finally found a site I truly enjoy following. I do hope it is not being censured!

• Options

@levander said:

@andrews1253 said:

I’m still irked a little at Chaney because I worry he might be bad enough he gets in the way of us winning a championship in the future. Just like the most obvious thing, no excuse for not putting more of the workload on Sony rather than Chubb late in the NCG.

That said, as I mentioned previously, I wouldnt fire him. The coaching carousel at winning programs is brutal. And we could definitely do worse than Chaney. I wouldn’t replace him unless Kirby knows he can get who he wants and is very excited about getting him.

I totally agree with you. I questioned why we would run into the strength of the Alabama defensive front. Made no sense. I am not a coach though so I would not speak out about it. They have a lot more football sense than me

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hey, we are all likely suffering withdrawls. No real news to follow until spring ball unless, of course, we get a commitment or two. I don't think there is any plot by anyone or any organization going on. Just a dearth of news. In a few weeks we'll be back on track getting after each other and not the reporters.

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:
    Hey, we are all likely suffering withdrawls. No real news to follow until spring ball unless, of course, we get a commitment or two. I don't think there is any plot by anyone or any organization going on. Just a dearth of news. In a few weeks we'll be back on track getting after each other and not the reporters.

They found something else to cover after the season was over for all these years. So, there is something else to talk about. And I get an article, maybe two, about the topic. But roughly half a dozen in just a few days?? That’s a little overboard.

• Options
    gamakaigamakai Posts: 6 ✭ Freshman

Salyer wasn’t sad. But maybe he was more proud than anything else.
    “People have to respect us now,” he said. “I feel like we’ve gotten over that hump. People always saw us as a team from the SEC but never an elite team in college football as a whole. Now, that season and that tough overtime game against Alabama shows that people will have to respect us. People have to respect us. When people see Georgia on the schedule now, they know they have got to play. It is not the same old Georgia anymore. We’re not the same team. You can tell with this recruiting class we have coming in we’re not going to be the same team. I was excited by that game. That game motivated me. I want to find out how that feels to be on the other end.”

This is the right attitude. Jamaree nailed it in this interview

• Options
    DawgsauceDawgsauce Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Teddy said:
    I can't find the original thread another poster started about these "what if" "poor me" national championship articles, so had to start a new one. We noticed that they deleted all the comments on that thread yesterday, and now have seemed to later delete the entire thread once it was brought to everyone's attention (ha)... Anyway, these articles/stories are beyond old, please stop posting them. Is DawgNation moving towards a click-bait model, where they just want people to argue and get people talking instead of reporting on the here and now? Losing faith in DawgNation by the minute... End rant. Although, I guess it doesn't matter, as I'm sure this thread will be deleted soon. Never knew a media company loved censorship so much.

That was my thread, and after they deleted most of the comments, it seems today that they've deleted the whole post. It will be interesting to see if they delete this one as well. Crazy. I wasn't being disrespectful, but just honestly do hate to keep having these wounds opened repeatedly!

• Options
    DawgsauceDawgsauce Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander said:

It was my thread, and it has been deleted. Not sure why. It wasn't a nasty thread or anything. I don't think BA had anything to do with, but it is whomever moderates this forum.

• Options
    dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,173 mod

This is an AJC board. Negative comments about the AJC or its staff writers will not be tolerated so it seems. Being a major newspaper in a major market seems they should know a thing or two about cenorship. But I highly doubt it. If they or their staff cannot take some criticism on what they write, maybe they should not run a board. Big business and they pay the bills, best way to to stop it is stop clicking and reading, hitting them in the wallet.

This is just MHO.

• Options

@dawgnms said:
    This is an AJC board. Negative comments about the AJC or its staff writers will not be tolerated so it seems. Being a major newspaper in a major market seems they should know a thing or two about cenorship. But I highly doubt it. If they or their staff cannot take some criticism on what they write, maybe they should not run a board. Big business and they pay the bills, best way to to stop it is stop clicking and reading, hitting them in the wallet.

This is just MHO.

If there is some kind of zero tolerance policy on criticism of the AJC, they are basically inviting people on here to skirt around the edges and see how much AJC criticism we can get away with. Way more AJC criticism is gonna happen because of a policy like that. Does anyone else remember the days when the AJC paper used to have actual hard-hitting local editorial opinion in it? These days it’s little more than syndicated content they’ve farmed out from national sources.

I’ve stuck up in threads for Chip, Seth, BA, and Jeff before when the attack became personal. But even though I didn’t agree with Dawgsauce, he kept his criticism above the waist in that thread. Like I didn’t think he was saying people were bad reporters. Just that this was an annoying tick he wish we could get rid of.

If he were saying this place is full of bad reporters like a couple of trolls have said in the past, then he should just leave. But that’s not what he was saying.