Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

New Year's Acute Dunlap Disease Treatment

ChopperChopper Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So as usual between the leftover Thanksgiving stuff, Christmas season grubbing and the New Year's vacation I substituted for buying a bunch of stuff that no one needed I am back to working off this flesh colored pocketless fanny pack that appeared just north of my belt in December. I usually do the keto thing on top of the usual gym routine to get the weight off and have about 7-8 of it off so far. Who's also working on it and what are you doing?

Comments

• Options
    DawgwiredDawgwired Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 22
    1. Alternate weights and cardio 6 days a week
    2. protein emphasis each meal. No food after 8 pm
    3. Drink lots of water and limit alcohol
    4. 7-8 hrs of sleep

I’ve been working off the holiday baggage myself. I was already doing 1 and 4 but holiday eating and drinking packed it on. And by Holiday I mean from 1st of November thru new years. After a few weeks I’m already back down close to fighting weight.

• Options

How are you managing your IF? I have added that during the week trying the 8/16 approach (no breakfast, just eat noon-8) and that has helped burn it off for me.

• Options
    wpony714wpony714 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I didn't gain any because I don't diet. I chose a lifestyle that works for me and my health has improved immensely.

No potatoes, no rice, no pasta, no bread, no processed sugar....basically a lot of white stuff, lol.

Shop the perimeter of the grocery store.

Read labels. If something has more than 4 or 5 ingredients, I don't eat it. If it contains seed oils, I don't eat it.

I eat only grass fed and finished beef.

I don't eat a ton of vegetables. A lot of them have natural defense mechanisms that result in leaky gut for humans and have far less available nutrients than people think.

Agree with Dawgwired....I don't eat late. Usually nothing past 6:30. And then I don't eat again until at least 10 or 11 the next morning.

You are what you eat. Know how your food is sourced and fed. If the government tells you to eat it....avoid it.

• Options
  • Options
    DawgCrazy76DawgCrazy76 Posts: 488 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I stay active on the go and eat vegetables, chicken, pork, fish, and a little pizza. 😎

• Options
    JoeClarkJoeClark Posts: 429 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

one thing that has helped me immensely was doing more low impact moving... trying to counteract that I sit at a desk.

So, no matter what and as a baseline, I try to walk for 30-45 mins per day. I usually do it in the morning before work (read the news, check emails, and such)

Then I get the regular weight workout in and/or sparring - depending on the days and recovery.

I've opted to "mindfully eat" instead of diet.

So, I still get my cupcake and burger here and there but it's after burning a good bit of calories and maybe eating a little less on the other meals to balance out the added carbs.

So far, I'm down 5 pounds... but don't really weigh myself until the start of next month

• Options
    DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 23

My only salvation for keeping the sludge from sticking is a daily mile plus walk with my dog. Bowl of shredded wheat and berries helps to keep everything moving. I try to manage a responsible alcohol intake and always eat with a conscience. Most importantly I cut the sugar, salt and processed foods down to as little as possible. Almost the same weight and waist size, 32", since I was in my 20s so not changing anything.

• Options
    PedroPedro Posts: 366 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Zyns. Curbs your appetite and gives you the nicotine that a day at the office necessitates.

• Options
    GradyDawg85GradyDawg85 Posts: 436 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@wpony714 - my wife’s been reading this week about avoiding foods with lectins and following a “leaky gut” diet. Is that part of your approach?

• Options
    mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That’s pretty much it - drop breakfast and wait until lunch. I also try to eat an early dinner with my kids around 6 and then that’s it for the night. I keep busy with other things so I don’t snack.

• Options
    BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As Yogi would say...90% of feeling well is 80% mental.

• Options
    PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dunlap is the warning stage. Dunlop is when it becomes a crisis--a full sized spare tire.

• Options

I would agree with this. Gotta execute on a plan of action. You see the folks at Wal-Mart and Golden Corral who at some point decided to surrender to their own POV and relocate their waistline up over the bulge and it became a LUGA (Large Upper Groin Area), otherwise known as the dreaded "front butt." Not a good look.