Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

2024 Braves

Comments

• Options
    philipsmith99philipsmith99 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Tough loss last night

• Options
    MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Strong pitching performances by both teams. Just 7 hits and 26 k's combined.

• Options
    BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The boys are not hitting enough. Read where Acuna's bat speed is 1.7 mph slower than last year.

• Options
    donniemdonniem Posts: 5,774 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

6 of the 9 starters have OPS above the league average and Austin Riley is just ever so slightly below the league average (.710). Both Olson and Riley have gotten off to slow starts so when they pick things up, I think we'll do even better. The Braves also lead the majors in runs scored per game. We are getting some good pitching which should stand us in good stead until the hitting is firing on all cylinders.

• Options
    Dennis_BDennis_B Posts: 60 ✭✭✭ Junior

Comcast dropped Bally and therefore, the majority of the Braves game. Anybody know of an inexpensive way to be able to watch Braves games on Bally now if I have Comcast?

• Options

I had my hopes up. The MLB channel had no red script in the broadcast information indicating a blackout. But later, probably beginning with the broadcast, the game was blacked out

I believe who's ever behind this will regret it. Your angering your most loyal fans.

• Options

In other games Suarez for the Phillies (6-0 1.72 era) vs. Rogers for the Marlins (0-5 6.15 era).

Who ya' got?

• Options
    philipsmith99philipsmith99 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Acuna definitely not the same player as he was a year ago, although hustling seems to always have been a turn on or off part of his game. I remember him admiring some of his hits that he thought were home runs that turned into long singles in years past. Trend in this era to hang around home plate and admire your home runs or ones that you think are home runs.

On the other hand if Braves had took my advice last year and released Ozuna they would be battling Nats and Marlins to stay out of last place.

Methinks the Phillies are in 1st place to stay unless they have some key injuries.

• Options
    BumBum Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 13

How many times does Snitker have to watch a team embarrass us for playing shifts late in the game?

Braves Up 1, bottom 9th. Drag bunt to 2nd to beat the shift, walk off dinger. So ridiculous. Riley has been out of position many times this season also and cost us a game.

And the lack of hustle is leftover from what I call Bobby Ball. He.ll….even our BACKUPS don’t hustle to first base!

• Options

This team has miraculous record for a bunch of individuals not looking like a team, at all.

• Options
  • Options

I think if CKS was in Brian Snitker's role, Ronald would have hit the portal long ago.

• Options
    edited May 13

Was always told "Resting on your laurels is tantamount to sleeping on success."

• Options

Yet another outstanding pitching performance, this time by Chris Sale. The bats are starting to warm up a bit as well. Hopefully, this will continue for a while.

• Options
    BumBum Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agreed. Sale and Lopez have been great additions to the squad so far. If Lopez had any run support he might be 7-0

• Options

Braves are scheduled to be televised this weekend. Saturday on Fox and Sunday on ESPN. I think both of those games are safe from blackout.

Not so confident about next Tuesday's game in Chicago vs. the Cubs on TBS.

• Options

Acuna with yet another season ending injury. The Bravos' season might be over. Can Adam Duvall be a good enough answer in right field? Might AA have to pull yet another "miracle" trade before the deadline?

• Options
    AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Go find another Michael Harris. He’s good defensively, offensively and he HUSTLES!