Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

The Athletic

KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

Anyone else signed up for this? I’ve been holding out forever but Emerson being off dawgnation made me think twice. I already enjoy Stewart Mandel.

I swear this isn’t spam. I’m just curious if anyone else has signed up. Not having ads is strange and refreshing

Comments

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I will wait til i get some feedback from some knowledgeable people...

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

@BamaDawg said:

You’re trying to say I’m not knowledgeable?!?!?

@BobcatGrad said:
    Been thinking about it.

I guess it is ok to subscribe as long as we continue to shop at Kroger's if we are not eating at Marlow's or ordering a Pizza from Marcos that we wash down with Dixie V o d k a.

I still love chip and Jeff, but I missed Seth and his work. After one day I feel like I got my money’s worth

• moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There was an interview about the Athletic on the Solid Verbal a couple of weeks back. They mentioned Seth by name. Was funny to hear the world's collide. Sounded like a good reporting model.

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:

@BamaDawg said:

Lol... of course not. Just going need more info ... does it cost? Does it cover more than UGA? Do they have free t-shirts?

@BamaDawg said:

@Kasey said:

@BamaDawg said:

Lol... of course not. Just going need more info ... does it cost? Does it cover more than UGA? Do they have free t-shirts?

It's 2.99 a month. You can read every article on the website. They cover all sports. They have a good app where you can customize the feed of articles you want to follow. I've spent all day catching up on the last month of Emerson pieces. No free shirts (for now)

• dawgy10dawgy10 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I can tell u wat to not sign up for, that's dawgs247, waste of money, nothing the insiders say is worth as anything, may as well just listen to @JeffSentell

• dawgbybirthdawgbybirth Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited May 2018

There is no knock on anyone to sign up to the Athletic and Seth Emmerson always brings some good content in his reporting as do most of these guys. Think it's a question of economics and time for consumption. I signed up for the Athletic but 247 first on my Kroger clicklist.

• UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@dawgy10 said:
    I can tell u wat to not sign up for, that's dawgs247, waste of money, nothing the insiders say is worth as anything, may as well just listen to @JeffSentell

This. ^^^^^

That site went straight to h3ll when Scout went down the toilet.

• BullyDawgBullyDawg Posts: 524 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@dawgy10 said:

Agree. But I think @JeffSentell deserves more than a "may as well listen to"! His Intel is spot on and beats the pay sites on a regular basis. I think it starts and ends with Jeff doing the difficult legwork with recruits and having integrity in his dealings.

Jeff is second to none when it comes to recruiting. Tells it like it is. If he ever goes to the athletic you’re not gonna see much of me around these parts