Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Conor Mcgregor

ugaforeverugaforever Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

How many of you think you'd catch that same deal? Money talks. I love the UFC. We have a party for most events. But come on. I think you all know what I'm getting at. Total BS.

Comments

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,646 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The guy should be in jail.

• jgf1031jgf1031 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ugaforever said:
    How many of you think you'd catch that same deal? Money talks. I love the UFC. We have a party for most events. But come on. I think you all know what I'm getting at. Total BS.

Man, I honestly thought the video that was leaked months ago was staged. I stand corrected. And yeah, dude should be in jail.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@jgf1031 said:

@ugaforever said:

Man, I honestly thought the video that was leaked months ago was staged. I stand corrected. And yeah, dude should be in jail.

throwing a garbage can or something like that at a bus window....no prior offenses....likely part of the UFC shtick....no jail necessary. Good luck with the anger management though.

@donm said:

@jgf1031 said:

@ugaforever said:

throwing a garbage can or something like that at a bus window....no prior offenses....likely part of the UFC shtick....no jail necessary. Good luck with the anger management though.

He caused injuries. Glass went in someone’s eye on that bus. Should be in jail.

@pgjackson said:

@donm said:

@jgf1031 said:

@ugaforever said:

Didn’t know their were injuries. That’s a different kettle of fish.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@pgjackson said:

@donm said:

@jgf1031 said:

@ugaforever said:

A non-celebrity with average monetary means would likely be convicted of either a high misdeamenor or low felony and given probation, anger managment and a fine.

@WCDawg said:

@pgjackson said:

@donm said:

@jgf1031 said:

@ugaforever said:

A non-celebrity with average monetary means would likely be convicted of either a high misdeamenor or low felony and given probation, anger managment and a fine.

yep.

@donm said:

@pgjackson said:

@donm said:

@jgf1031 said:

@ugaforever said:

Didn’t know their were injuries. That’s a different kettle of fish.

One of the guys on the bus got cuts all over his face from the shattered glass. Had to back out of fight because of it (the bus was full of UFC fighters).

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Should be kicked out of the UFC but DW wouldn’t think of doing that to one of his cash cows.

@orlando said:
    Should be kicked out of the UFC but DW wouldn’t think of doing that to one of his cash cows.

He’s in it for $$$ - not morals or ethics.

• MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm Irish and have always really liked this cat. It takes a bad man to go toe to toe with pound for pound the best boxer alive when your not a boxer. I still think if that fight was in the octagon he destroys Mayweather. However I'd never condone doing something so wreckless. I agree if he wasn't a famous face punishment would be tenfold. More $ = more leniency I guess.

No doubt Conor is a bad man but you pay me those millions and I’ll give Mayweather hell for two rounds.

@orlando said:
    No doubt Conor is a bad man but you pay me those millions and I’ll give Mayweather hell for two rounds.

Lol. Maybe.

@MacDawg15 said:
    I'm Irish and have always really liked this cat. It takes a bad man to go toe to toe with pound for pound the best boxer alive when your not a boxer. I still think if that fight was in the octagon he destroys Mayweather. However I'd never condone doing something so wreckless. I agree if he wasn't a famous face punishment would be tenfold. More $ = more leniency I guess.

He did surprisingly well against Mayweather...but I think Mayweather was just playing with him so the people felt like the got their money's worth. Once he turned it on, Connor was helpless. However, if it was a MMA fight, Connor would end it in about 2 minutes by either a kick to the head or a submission.

@pgjackson said:

@MacDawg15 said:

He did surprisingly well against Mayweather...but I think Mayweather was just playing with him so the people felt like the got their money's worth. Once he turned it on, Connor was helpless. However, if it was a MMA fight, Connor would end it in about 2 minutes by either a kick to the head or a submission.

which is why Mayweather made it a boxing match and not an MMA match. Conor was fine with it since he made 84 zillion dollars to get beat up. That's one thing I noticed about MMA guys...they don't seem to mind getting the crap beat out of them. They just come back for more. And champions don't seem to last very long in that sport.

• MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I very seriously disagree he was playing with him for what 12 rounds.. In a straight up fight I'd put my house on Connor over Mayweather! In all honestly you take arguably the best boxer on earth and put an mma guy in there with him and he's just as conditioned and just didn't understand boxing the way Mayweather does. Pick your openings, don't wear yourself out, stick and move etc. I mean is there a fighter on earth that could have been put in McGregor's shoes and even lasted as long or mustless won?? Connor would break a bone or straight knock him out in the octagon, and if you disagree you don't understand fighting STYLES.

Money wouldn’t last two minutes in the octagon. Kick the crap out of him then shoot for takedown and choke him out. Mayweather knows boxing, jujitsu not so much.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

If you can sell 1.6 million PPVs, you get to do whatever you want also. #richprivilege is definitely a thing

@MacDawg15 said:
    I very seriously disagree he was playing with him for what 12 rounds.. In a straight up fight I'd put my house on Connor over Mayweather! In all honestly you take arguably the best boxer on earth and put an mma guy in there with him and he's just as conditioned and just didn't understand boxing the way Mayweather does. Pick your openings, don't wear yourself out, stick and move etc. I mean is there a fighter on earth that could have been put in McGregor's shoes and even lasted as long or mustless won?? Connor would break a bone or straight knock him out in the octagon, and if you disagree you don't understand fighting STYLES.

Keep in mind, mayweather almost never scores a knockout. that’s not his thing. His fights are typically very boring. He is a counter-boxer. He waits till the other guy does something then he reacts. Compare his style to someone like Mike Tyson who is a pressure-fighter...the guy just walks up and starts swinging. When you get two counter-boxers in a ring, it’s a very boring fight. Get two pressure-fighters in the ring and it’s usually an early knock out. Anyway, the fight was a typical Mayweather fight. Scored lots of points, no really big hits, lots of bobbing and weaving. However, I think McGreggor could be a pro boxer contender if he wanted to.

@pgjackson said:

@MacDawg15 said:

Keep in mind, mayweather almost never scores a knockout. that’s not his thing. His fights are typically very boring. He is a counter-boxer. He waits till the other guy does something then he reacts. Compare his style to someone like Mike Tyson who is a pressure-fighter...the guy just walks up and starts swinging. When you get two counter-boxers in a ring, it’s a very boring fight. Get two pressure-fighters in the ring and it’s usually an early knock out. Anyway, the fight was a typical Mayweather fight. Scored lots of points, no really big hits, lots of bobbing and weaving. However, I think McGreggor could be a pro boxer contender if he wanted to.

Conor will get his chance to counter punch, in October I think. He's fighting Nuramgedov who is a straight ahead "I'll kill anyone who is in my sight picture" type of fighter. 26-0 so far in MMA. He's scary (at least to me). I'm going to be tempted to get PPV for this one, even though PPV fights seldom meet the hype surrounding them.