Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

I’m just gonna say it..

Comments

• Options
    BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Fields is going to Ohio State, especially after that flip. His lawyer is going to drag UGA through the mud (Sasser) after a waiver. Fields is putting a lot of pressure on himself, hope he can handle it.

• Options
    PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BEACHDAWG said:
    Fields is going to Ohio State, especially after that flip. His lawyer is going to drag UGA through the mud (Sasser) after a waiver. Fields is putting a lot of pressure on himself, hope he can handle it.

Fields is leaving the perfect setup imho. Frustration usually leads to emotionally driven, bad decisions. How many times has the situation looked totally different after another year? UGA has the top O Line for the next few years. The position players are outstanding. We probably don't have a scholarship QB for year after next, until these recruits show up. Man, that is passing up quite a stage.

• Options
    superblackeaglesuperblackeagle Posts: 303 ✭✭✭ Junior

Is Haskins declaring?

• Options
    scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'd enjoy seeing him go to OSU and lose out to not one but two Qbs from the 17 class and on QB1 before him in Fromm and Martell...would be rather poetic lol

• Options
    TMazz2009TMazz2009 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Casanova_Flatulence said:

@101ina45 said:

@Casanova_Flatulence said:
    We got everyone we wanted today except Sanders and on top of it landed a surprise signing day flip in Mathis. Don't let the Fields debacle mess up a good day.

We didn't get Haselwood or Neal.

Neal was never a Dawg. The CB's were from Bama from Day 1. Hasselwood, well he's a headache we don't need... think Blaylock.

Exactly....did you watch his state title game? Hasslewood is not Kirby material. This dude literally did 3 things in one game that are big no no's. Blaylock is our guy. Guy has heart like Hines Ward.

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Reading this thread, it’s clear why cable news is fine with their business model. People just take up crazy **** to believe, so why not make a business model out of feeding it to them?

• Options
    TMazz2009TMazz2009 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CaliDawg said:

@BojanglesInsider said:

@scooterdawg said:
    F*ck Justin Fields

I stopped right here, child diddler

I'm not about that either but definitely bad timing by Fields'. He's not too young to know how to keep quite until an appropriate time.

And yet Eason was? Eason handled his business in an appropriate manner. Fields was a cancer to this team. It was dividing the fanbase and even the team according to some insiders. And for what, a read option QB that stares down WR #1 and panics if he covered up.

JF has the tools but has a long long way to go. But heck the hype for a kid who play 19 high school games was ridiculous any way. Anderson proved on the field that JF was not worthy of that ranking. But JF is definitely one of the best flag footballers to ever tie on the flags.

• Options
    a_rattlera_rattler Posts: 337 ✭✭✭ Junior

This is funny. You want Fields ro be more concerned with UGA's best interests than his own. When UGA doesn't need him and can just replace him.

The Fields situation was totally mishandled. It was a wasted year. He should have either been redshirted or been given meaningful chances to develop as a passer during the MANY garbage time moments that UGA had this season.

What does Fields owe UGA anyway? Especially when UGA reserves the right to terminate his scholarship at any time? Schools do it all the time
    Scholarships are not guaranteed. They are renewed on an annual basis. So when you read about kids in good academic standing and aren't problems off the field transferring to some FCS school in the middle of nowhere and thanking the university and fan base for the opportunity that is often what is going on. It is just that some schools are more open about it than others.

You need to remember who has all the money, power and leverage in college athletics. Hint: it isn't the players. Kids who don't look out for their own best interests are naive. Because trust me: the universities will still be fine and the coaches will still get their millions even if they get fired. What is Chizik's buyout again?

If you look out for your own best interests when dealing with your own affairs why act shocked when athletes do the same?

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

@a_rattler said:
    This is funny. You want Fields ro be more concerned with UGA's best interests than his own. When UGA doesn't need him and can just replace him.

The Fields situation was totally mishandled. It was a wasted year. He should have either been redshirted or been given meaningful chances to develop as a passer during the MANY garbage time moments that UGA had this season.

What does Fields owe UGA anyway? Especially when UGA reserves the right to terminate his scholarship at any time? Schools do it all the time
    Scholarships are not guaranteed. They are renewed on an annual basis. So when you read about kids in good academic standing and aren't problems off the field transferring to some FCS school in the middle of nowhere and thanking the university and fan base for the opportunity that is often what is going on. It is just that some schools are more open about it than others.

You need to remember who has all the money, power and leverage in college athletics. Hint: it isn't the players. Kids who don't look out for their own best interests are naive. Because trust me: the universities will still be fine and the coaches will still get their millions even if they get fired. What is Chizik's buyout again?

If you look out for your own best interests when dealing with your own affairs why act shocked when athletes do the same?

Again...your assignment was for Nate Hybl...I see nothing in this about Nate

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BEACHDAWG said:

Go from sitting behind Fromm to sitting behind Haskins. Good decision, Justin (if the rumor is true). Hope you enjoy holding the clipboard for a while longer.

• Options
    CaliDawgCaliDawg Posts: 44 ✭✭✭ Junior

@TMazz2009 said:

@CaliDawg said:

@BojanglesInsider said:

@scooterdawg said:
    F*ck Justin Fields

I stopped right here, child diddler

I'm not about that either but definitely bad timing by Fields'. He's not too young to know how to keep quite until an appropriate time.

And yet Eason was? Eason handled his business in an appropriate manner. Fields was a cancer to this team. It was dividing the fanbase and even the team according to some insiders. And for what, a read option QB that stares down WR #1 and panics if he covered up.

JF has the tools but has a long long way to go. But heck the hype for a kid who play 19 high school games was ridiculous any way. Anderson proved on the field that JF was not worthy of that ranking. But JF is definitely one of the best flag footballers to ever tie on the flags.

Agreed.

• Options

@PerroGrande said:

@BEACHDAWG said:

Fields is leaving the perfect setup imho. Frustration usually leads to emotionally driven, bad decisions. How many times has the situation looked totally different after another year? UGA has the top O Line for the next few years. The position players are outstanding. We probably don't have a scholarship QB for year after next, until these recruits show up. Man, that is passing up quite a stage.

Fromm is going to be a 4 year starter. And Fields has no assurances that he will redshirt. DJ Shockley 2.0

• Options

@BojanglesInsider said:

@a_rattler said:

What if he didn't want to redshirt? What if the mishandling was due to pressures from the Felicia camp? That seems very plausible to me.

Fair point. But if UGA was going to play him they did it horribly. They just used him on garbage running plays.

• Options
    MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@superblackeagle said:
    Is Haskins declaring?

I heard on the SEC channel that he is. And the #1 QB prospect.

• Options
    tlynch1968tlynch1968 Posts: 29 ✭✭✭ Junior

Why is everyone getting so upset. Don't be mad at a player who thought he could come in and start and wasn't able to take the spot from the guy in front of him. Justin Fields is a competitor who wants to make his way to playing on Sundays; UGA in his opinion was not his fastest route. Those of us on here cannot say whether he got a fair shot or not, but the coaches who we have seen play the best player can, and did. Fields may have the impression that Fromm may not go to NFL after next year either. The kid is doing what he thinks is best for him and for his ability to play on Sundays, you cannot blame him for doing that; given the same choice you might do the same. Don't demean him or his family for those things you do not know for a fact. Wish him the best and move on, the fact that Kirby had a backup plan or pulled a backup out of his hat is pretty amazing. GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JimWallace said:
    I'm going to say he's on the team until Kirby says he isn't. If he's on the team I support him. If he abandons the team I wish him well but don't let the door hit him in the behind on the way out.

I'm also concerned that he got bad advice and is still getting bad advice. The race card? Really! Really? Hopefully that is a nasty rumor. It's nasty in any case.

Kirby kept saying stuff all year about Fields being ready and all that, but I never saw it. We all see the potential, but if he leaves I have concerns about his future. I hear talk that he's got the number one draft pick slotted into his calendar, but what film are people watching when they say such things?

I want him to stick around and see if he can earn a starting spot, but it sure smells like he's leaving for what may or may not be greener pastures.

This mess makes me appreciate Eason and his family for the class act his transfer was. Hopefully Mr. Fields and his family will do what they can to follow that example.

Go, Dawgs!

Fields has the “physical ready” but was absolutely lost on pass plays. He didn’t shake many people on his runs either considering he was mostly playing against other teams mop up Defense....the first man still managed to get him on the ground when he scrambled.