Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

I’m just gonna say it..

scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

F*ck Justin Fields. He’s not coming back and I question anyone who would still want him. Yeah, he probably only affected Haselwood directly but thanks to him our program in two days has gone from we’re right there with Bama and are going to close strong and are nationally getting GOOD buzz to this: still have a great class but momentum was absolutely submarined and all the national media can talk about in regards to UGA is where this overhyped primadonna is going to transfer to.

Make all the excuses but I don’t really care anymore unless someone can explain to me how difficult it would have been for the Fields family to try to minimize this. Giving them the absolute benefit of the doubt at best they were in serious talks with other schools and it came out. It’s true that we don’t know HOW it got out and it may not have been them..

But, and this is a big one, since it came out they have done absolutely nothing to try to minimize the damage to UGA. The story comes out officially(Wolken) at around 3pm iirc and the first comment they make hours later that night was his stepmom telling Chip: “We’re not at liberty to discuss anything,” Jo Ann Claudrick Fields said via telephone Monday night. “We’re not confirming or denying anything. We have not made any decisions.”. Way to put out the fire there lady. And his mom says talk to Pablo who we’ve yet to hear anything out of.

So what I’m asking is how hard would it have been for them to send out a tweet saying “We’d like to thank the fans, coaches, etc but Justin is currently weighing his options and please respect our privacy”? Know why it only took me like two seconds to come up with that? Because it’s pretty much boilerplate for anyone who’s rumored to be transferring. Or they could have done any number of things to try to clear up or at least cool down the incessant rumor mill. I’m sure any reporter including Chip would be happy to sit down with them, probably with conditions on what they can ask or say, or any number of lawyers or PR people would have done it pro bono.

But they have by all appearances been fine with letting UGA twist in the wind, either on purpose or because they just don’t care because it’s all about their kid. Either way if you’re still sticking up for him I think it’s misguided at best. I’m thinking he and JH both look up to Cam a bit too much. Go Dawgs!!!

Comments

• scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Eh..I still say eff him but I was definetly more salty before we got Dean. I just hate that he basically rained on our parade and gave other fanbases and guys like Wolken fodder to feed on. I guess I shouldn't care but I really don't like UGA being talked about negatively..perception matters to these kids and he sure as hell didn't help.

• JoeClarkJoeClark Posts: 427 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Because they, Fields and Family, don’t have to do that...They don’t have to release a statement especially if they weren’t the source of the leak...

The article on dawgnation says he’s EXPLORING his options not that he made a decision... that’s okay.

All of this “he’s gone” is just speculation until he’s actually gone and even if he is he told the coaches and sought permission which means the coaches had a decent amount of time to pivot and probably let recruits know not to freak out at any headlines forthcoming... same way I think they probably addressed the DC position being unfilled....

• dawgy10dawgy10 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Justin is gone and Godwin and his **** stirring family is gone... fresh start

Im just readi g between the lines but im guessing Godwin mom was referring to fields in her rants about "the truth" and character assasination

@scooterdawg said:

@dawgy10 said:
    Im just readi g between the lines but im guessing Godwin mom was referring to fields in her rants about "the truth" and character assasination

Yeah..it's unfortunate that she seems a bit too involved because it seems like Terry is fine with everything and a DGD.

Sounds to me like Terry had to be the one relaying info to her, but he was acting cool when the lights were on. Both kids were not happy with there rolls

• 101ina45101ina45 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Casanova_Flatulence said:
    We got everyone we wanted today except Sanders and on top of it landed a surprise signing day flip in Mathis. Don't let the Fields debacle mess up a good day.

We didn't get Haselwood or Neal.

• greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@101ina45 said:

We got everyone we wanted today except Sanders and on top of it landed a surprise signing day flip in Mathis. Don't let the Fields debacle mess up a good day.

Haselwood aint announcing til Jan 5

• RedDawgRedDawg Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@101ina45 said:

But we all speculated those would be tough gets. Neal was always a long shot. Jadon we thought we had a chance based on being a previous commit and all. but after felicia started "exploring" options it was pretty clear we would lose Jadon. or at least severely lessened our chances.

@greygoose01 said:

@101ina45 said:

Haselwood aint announcing til Jan 5

Haslewood is an okie now, the miami mod pretty much said the miami interest was just for a smoke screen

• CaliDawgCaliDawg Posts: 44 ✭✭✭ Junior

@BojanglesInsider said:

@scooterdawg said:
    F*ck Justin Fields

I stopped right here, child diddler

I'm not about that either but definitely bad timing by Fields'. He's not too young to know how to keep quite until an appropriate time.

• RDDawgRDDawg Posts: 235 ✭✭✭ Junior

We lost our back up QB last year and we did pretty good this year. Fields was a back up who wasn't going to start until 2020, if then.