Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Zion Williamson

124»

Comments

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@TNDawg71 said:

@orlando said:

@WCDawg said:

@3rdshift said:
    revenue sharing...just like country music...everybody gets a hit song....its like pro wrestling> @orlando said:

@donm said:

@YK_DAWG24 said:

@orlando said:

@WCDawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

@Jinx55 said:

@YK_DAWG24 said:
    They MAY need someone like RJ Barrett e help take some ball handling responsiblity from Trae. If we had Luka, then yeah take Zion because he look to set Zion up first.

I agree, adding the perimeter length and scoring ability in RJ will allow more of a steph and klay style of back court. Besides Zion is good, but he will take a while to get his offensive game where we can rely on him to give us 16pts-20 a night

I don't care who is available. Zion Wiliamson is the nost exciting dunker since Dominique Wilkins. I cant stand to watch basketball. Bring him in and I will watch just to see if he can rip the rim off.

It's interesting that the game you enjoy was once derided by old timers. Today's game is a lot closer to the early days of the game where passing, spacing, shooting and driving were what mattered on offense.

Heck yeah he can jump out the gym but he knows shooting is a must in the NBA.
    Plus I think LBJ is great but travels 50% of the time when driving the lane.

James Harden has the most traveling miles in the NBA

Boy, I wish someone would GPS a game for Lebron and James H...I'd love to know how many steps (legal and/or illegal) each takes. They are both travelling marvels. James H gets the nod when it comes to initiating contact. The concept of verticality is clearly dead in the NBA.

Lol and what the F is a euro step? Traveling as I see it

thats usually the response of those who lack the coordination to jump and dribble @ the same time....you took a dribble ...allowing you 2 steps post jump step ....also most of us were taught to play until the norm is established by the ref...then thats where you play the game...people (coaches) are fine with calls as long as its consistent...its when its not called both ways is when the problems occur.....but do high profile players usually get calls...yes ....but usually its because it was a point of emphasis and lots of tape has been watched.... just because it looks like a travel doesnt mean it really is....case in point ...steve smiths hitch and go...or jordans jab step....and some that live in the grey area ....but once it was decided it wasn't a call ...then it never was a call....like hardaways killer crossover...or iversons reg crossover...

The so called Euro step is really a very coordinated move.
    James Harden doesn't travel when he does it properly. Where it gets messed up is when it's done too far from the basket, it's a great technique when properly executed though.

I see what you’re saying but it’s not done that way most of the time. I guess I’m just to old because in today’s game the players travel, dribble illegally and get calls when it’s just good defense.

How old are you that travelling wasn't a thing in the NBA? That has been a thing since the 70s.

Yes it has TD. Like it or not the game has evolved into what it is today.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@TNDawg71 said:

@orlando said:

@WCDawg said:

@3rdshift said:
    revenue sharing...just like country music...everybody gets a hit song....its like pro wrestling> @orlando said:

@donm said:

@YK_DAWG24 said:

@orlando said:

@WCDawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

@Jinx55 said:

@YK_DAWG24 said:
    They MAY need someone like RJ Barrett e help take some ball handling responsiblity from Trae. If we had Luka, then yeah take Zion because he look to set Zion up first.

I agree, adding the perimeter length and scoring ability in RJ will allow more of a steph and klay style of back court. Besides Zion is good, but he will take a while to get his offensive game where we can rely on him to give us 16pts-20 a night

I don't care who is available. Zion Wiliamson is the nost exciting dunker since Dominique Wilkins. I cant stand to watch basketball. Bring him in and I will watch just to see if he can rip the rim off.

It's interesting that the game you enjoy was once derided by old timers. Today's game is a lot closer to the early days of the game where passing, spacing, shooting and driving were what mattered on offense.

Boy, I wish someone would GPS a game for Lebron and James H...I'd love to know how many steps (legal and/or illegal) each takes. They are both travelling marvels. James H gets the nod when it comes to initiating contact. The concept of verticality is clearly dead in the NBA.

thats usually the response of those who lack the coordination to jump and dribble @ the same time....you took a dribble ...allowing you 2 steps post jump step ....also most of us were taught to play until the norm is established by the ref...then thats where you play the game...people (coaches) are fine with calls as long as its consistent...its when its not called both ways is when the problems occur.....but do high profile players usually get calls...yes ....but usually its because it was a point of emphasis and lots of tape has been watched.... just because it looks like a travel doesnt mean it really is....case in point ...steve smiths hitch and go...or jordans jab step....and some that live in the grey area ....but once it was decided it wasn't a call ...then it never was a call....like hardaways killer crossover...or iversons reg crossover...

The so called Euro step is really a very coordinated move.
    James Harden doesn't travel when he does it properly. Where it gets messed up is when it's done too far from the basket, it's a great technique when properly executed though.

I see what you’re saying but it’s not done that way most of the time. I guess I’m just to old because in today’s game the players travel, dribble illegally and get calls when it’s just good defense.

How old are you that travelling wasn't a thing in the NBA? That has been a thing since the 70s.

The NBA was hot garbage in the late 70s for the most part. The Bullets title team played good defense but they were the exception. It was players dressing and acting like pimps, lazy defense and me first attitudes.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@3rdshift said:

@donm said:

@YK_DAWG24 said:

@orlando said:

@WCDawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

@Jinx55 said:

@YK_DAWG24 said:

you meant Iverson's carry, didn't you? Cross over my a$$

• 3rdshift3rdshift Posts: 546 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@donm said:

@3rdshift said:

@donm said:

@YK_DAWG24 said:

@orlando said:

@WCDawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

@Jinx55 said:

@YK_DAWG24 said:

@donm said:

@3rdshift said:

@donm said:

@YK_DAWG24 said:

@orlando said:

@WCDawg said:

@Bankwalker said:

@Jinx55 said:

@YK_DAWG24 said:

hand on top can mean the upper half of the ball....as i said ...grey area...lots of momentum to hold the ball as with a traditional pivot and pull...and or spin move...that is taught in every middle school since always....its amazingly not a travel when pistol does it .....but when someone breaks you off @ the y..... in mens or women's league.... its an iverson "travel" ..... you do realize that you can pound the ball and run....momentum is holding the ball and your hand is on top...again if refs have decided on it...its going to be abused....

• GrayDawgGrayDawg Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I once stood beside Iverson in a hotel elevator. He looks bigger on TV. The fact that he played at a high level for so long at his size just amazes me. He'd be small on most middle school teams.

• TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@GrayDawg said:
    I once stood beside Iverson in a hotel elevator. He looks bigger on TV. The fact that he played at a high level for so long at his size just amazes me. He'd be small on most middle school teams.

But his quickness was on a level I have never seen, Deion include

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2018

@TNDawg71 said:

@GrayDawg said:

The guy weighed 165lb, he was physically maybe the toughest person to ever play the game. Too bad he was a hardheaded, douchebag.

• TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@TNDawg71 said:

@GrayDawg said:

The guy weighed 165lb, he was physically maybe the toughest guy to ever play the game. Too bad he was a hardheaded, douchebag.

Well there is that.

• GrayDawgGrayDawg Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

@TNDawg71 said:

@GrayDawg said:

The guy weighed 165lb, he was physically maybe the toughest guy to ever play the game. Too bad he was a hardheaded, douchebag.

He might have weighed 165 soaking wet. Maybe.