Home DawgNation 5-star Chef Zone
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Peanuts in Coke

Comments

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Bankwalker said:
    Peanuts in beer > peanuts in soft drinks

I frequently add a dash of salt to my beer. Something I picked up from my Papaw.

Always salt in the draft

• Options
    UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I am 50, and we did this when I was a kid, but I never really cared much for it.

• Options
    BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JRT812 said:

@Bankwalker said:

I frequently add a dash of salt to my beer. Something I picked up from my Papaw.

Always salt in the draft

I knew you were good people.

• Options

@Bankwalker said:

@JRT812 said:

@Bankwalker said:

Always salt in the draft

I knew you were good people.

Bankwalker bro sending me into the weekend the right way!

• Options
    Bsampson0317Bsampson0317 Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ Junior

Peanuts in a bottle at 10, 2 and 4...….I miss back when

• Options
    Winston1972Winston1972 Posts: 109 ✭✭✭ Junior

Many days spent listening to hounds run deer and rabbits, with a glass bottle coke full of planters peanuts.

• Options

@RPMdawg said:
    Alot are mentioning the the glass bottles of coke. We had a bottler in the town I grew up in. It closed down before I got out of high school. Anybody remember old timers back then making bets on how far away their bottle was made. It was on the bottom of the bottle. Anyways I remember returning bottles back then so they could be used again

Can’t say I do rpm bro

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@RPMdawg said:
    Alot are mentioning the the glass bottles of coke. We had a bottler in the town I grew up in. It closed down before I got out of high school. Anybody remember old timers back then making bets on how far away their bottle was made. It was on the bottom of the bottle. Anyways I remember returning bottles back then so they could be used again

loser had to pay for the others' cokes in my hood. We recycled them for nickels back then.

• Options
    RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@RPMdawg said:

loser had to pay for the others' cokes in my hood. We recycled them for nickels back then.

That's how I thought I remembered it. Thanks D. Been so long thought I may have just dreamed it. I was maybe early teens then

• Options
    orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@RPMdawg said:

Those cokes were the best, if memory serves they came in small wooden crates and no twist tops

• Options

@orlando said:

@donm said:

@RPMdawg said:

Those cokes were the best, if memory serves they came in small wooden crates and no twist tops

Yes. Had to have bottle opener. Or coke machines had them made in. Dam n remember family having these convos about the past. Now its me

• Options
    LD10LD10 Posts: 434 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@RPMdawg said:

I am 62 years old and I did this back in the day. I had a friend that owned a gas station and we would draw bottles from the coke machine for a dollar. Sometimes we had to bring out the tape measure to determine the winner on a paper road map.of the US. No internet back in the day and there was party lines back then if anyone knows what that was. I have not played this game since the late seventies. Do people still throw quarters against a wall ?or

• Options

@LD10 said:

@RPMdawg said:

I am 62 years old and I did this back in the day. I had a friend that owned a gas station and we would draw bottles from the coke machine for a dollar. Sometimes we had to bring out the tape measure to determine the winner on a paper road map.of the US. No internet back in the day and there was party lines back then if anyone knows what that was. I have not played this game since the late seventies. Do people still throw quarters against a wall ?or

Lol. Dont no about that LD

• Options
    orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@LD10 said:

@RPMdawg said:

I am 62 years old and I did this back in the day. I had a friend that owned a gas station and we would draw bottles from the coke machine for a dollar. Sometimes we had to bring out the tape measure to determine the winner on a paper road map.of the US. No internet back in the day and there was party lines back then if anyone knows what that was. I have not played this game since the late seventies. Do people still throw quarters against a wall ?

Party line, 2 1/2 tv channels and hauling square bales. Good times back then

• Options
    BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, I’m in California and I think that’s hella wierd. Then again, I had a peanut butter, mayonnaise, and banana sandwich once when I lived in Columbus and I liked it.

• Options

The glass bottles made a really cold coke, or 7 up taste a lot better.

• Options

@Bigcalidawg said:
    Yeah, I’m in California and I think that’s hella wierd. Then again, I had a peanut butter, mayonnaise, and banana sandwich once when I lived in Columbus and I liked it.

Come on Bigcal. Pb and mayo. May remember you mentioning this awhile back though

• Options
    LD10LD10 Posts: 434 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@orlando said:

@LD10 said:

@RPMdawg said:

I am 62 years old and I did this back in the day. I had a friend that owned a gas station and we would draw bottles from the coke machine for a dollar. Sometimes we had to bring out the tape measure to determine the winner on a paper road map.of the US. No internet back in the day and there was party lines back then if anyone knows what that was. I have not played this game since the late seventies. Do people still throw quarters against a wall ?

Party line, 2 1/2 tv channels and hauling square bales. Good times back then

Good times my friend

• Options

@RPMdawg said:

@Bigcalidawg said:

Come on Bigcal. Pb and mayo. May remember you mentioning this awhile back

My babysitter was pregnant. Pregnant women eat wierd sh*t. I was like 7, so I was down for the cause.