Wife sent this to me. Apparently, it’s a trendy thing now. Been doing this since I was young. Tell me I’m not the only one
And she thought I was crazy
https://12tomatoes.com/peanuts-in-coke/?utm_source=glp-wgod&utm_medium=social-fb&utm_content=link&utm_campaign=peanuts-in-coke
@donm said: @RPMdawg said: Alot are mentioning the the glass bottles of coke. We had a bottler in the town I grew up in. It closed down before I got out of high school. Anybody remember old timers back then making bets on how far away their bottle was made. It was on the bottom of the bottle. Anyways I remember returning bottles back then so they could be used again loser had to pay for the others' cokes in my hood. We recycled them for nickels back then.
@donm said:
@RPMdawg said: Alot are mentioning the the glass bottles of coke. We had a bottler in the town I grew up in. It closed down before I got out of high school. Anybody remember old timers back then making bets on how far away their bottle was made. It was on the bottom of the bottle. Anyways I remember returning bottles back then so they could be used again
loser had to pay for the others' cokes in my hood. We recycled them for nickels back then.
Those cokes were the best, if memory serves they came in small wooden crates and no twist tops
@orlando said: @donm said: @RPMdawg said: Alot are mentioning the the glass bottles of coke. We had a bottler in the town I grew up in. It closed down before I got out of high school. Anybody remember old timers back then making bets on how far away their bottle was made. It was on the bottom of the bottle. Anyways I remember returning bottles back then so they could be used again loser had to pay for the others' cokes in my hood. We recycled them for nickels back then. Those cokes were the best, if memory serves they came in small wooden crates and no twist tops
@orlando said:
Yes. Had to have bottle opener. Or coke machines had them made in. Dam n remember family having these convos about the past. Now its me
I am 62 years old and I did this back in the day. I had a friend that owned a gas station and we would draw bottles from the coke machine for a dollar. Sometimes we had to bring out the tape measure to determine the winner on a paper road map.of the US. No internet back in the day and there was party lines back then if anyone knows what that was. I have not played this game since the late seventies. Do people still throw quarters against a wall ?or
@LD10 said: @RPMdawg said: Alot are mentioning the the glass bottles of coke. We had a bottler in the town I grew up in. It closed down before I got out of high school. Anybody remember old timers back then making bets on how far away their bottle was made. It was on the bottom of the bottle. Anyways I remember returning bottles back then so they could be used again I am 62 years old and I did this back in the day. I had a friend that owned a gas station and we would draw bottles from the coke machine for a dollar. Sometimes we had to bring out the tape measure to determine the winner on a paper road map.of the US. No internet back in the day and there was party lines back then if anyone knows what that was. I have not played this game since the late seventies. Do people still throw quarters against a wall ?or
@LD10 said:
Lol. Dont no about that LD
@LD10 said: @RPMdawg said: Alot are mentioning the the glass bottles of coke. We had a bottler in the town I grew up in. It closed down before I got out of high school. Anybody remember old timers back then making bets on how far away their bottle was made. It was on the bottom of the bottle. Anyways I remember returning bottles back then so they could be used again I am 62 years old and I did this back in the day. I had a friend that owned a gas station and we would draw bottles from the coke machine for a dollar. Sometimes we had to bring out the tape measure to determine the winner on a paper road map.of the US. No internet back in the day and there was party lines back then if anyone knows what that was. I have not played this game since the late seventies. Do people still throw quarters against a wall ?
I am 62 years old and I did this back in the day. I had a friend that owned a gas station and we would draw bottles from the coke machine for a dollar. Sometimes we had to bring out the tape measure to determine the winner on a paper road map.of the US. No internet back in the day and there was party lines back then if anyone knows what that was. I have not played this game since the late seventies. Do people still throw quarters against a wall ?
Party line, 2 1/2 tv channels and hauling square bales. Good times back then
Yeah, I’m in California and I think that’s hella wierd. Then again, I had a peanut butter, mayonnaise, and banana sandwich once when I lived in Columbus and I liked it.
The glass bottles made a really cold coke, or 7 up taste a lot better.
@Bigcalidawg said: Yeah, I’m in California and I think that’s hella wierd. Then again, I had a peanut butter, mayonnaise, and banana sandwich once when I lived in Columbus and I liked it.
Come on Bigcal. Pb and mayo. May remember you mentioning this awhile back though
@orlando said: @LD10 said: @RPMdawg said: Alot are mentioning the the glass bottles of coke. We had a bottler in the town I grew up in. It closed down before I got out of high school. Anybody remember old timers back then making bets on how far away their bottle was made. It was on the bottom of the bottle. Anyways I remember returning bottles back then so they could be used again I am 62 years old and I did this back in the day. I had a friend that owned a gas station and we would draw bottles from the coke machine for a dollar. Sometimes we had to bring out the tape measure to determine the winner on a paper road map.of the US. No internet back in the day and there was party lines back then if anyone knows what that was. I have not played this game since the late seventies. Do people still throw quarters against a wall ? Party line, 2 1/2 tv channels and hauling square bales. Good times back then
Good times my friend
@RPMdawg said: @Bigcalidawg said: Yeah, I’m in California and I think that’s hella wierd. Then again, I had a peanut butter, mayonnaise, and banana sandwich once when I lived in Columbus and I liked it. Come on Bigcal. Pb and mayo. May remember you mentioning this awhile back
@RPMdawg said:
Come on Bigcal. Pb and mayo. May remember you mentioning this awhile back
My babysitter was pregnant. Pregnant women eat wierd sh*t. I was like 7, so I was down for the cause.
There was a service station in Monroe that had a shelf with unique coke bottles on it. One of them was an unopened coke with a quarter in it. Rumor was it was made that way at the bottler. The others were from distant places all over the USA.
Also I remember when cokes went to 6 cents each and we all were pissed cause we now had to have that penny to get one from the machines. LOL
The good ole days indeed!
Go Dawgs!
This is an old thread but I had to comment because it hit too many things from my younger days.
We used Tom's peanuts, pulled Cokes at Lord's used cars for a dollar, and also pitched quarters there. The Coke machine was always set to let us pull the Cokes for free provided we put them back. I still have an empty from my hometown, Dublin, GA.
Those were the days.
Growing up in the South, it was a given. You either did it or had a family member that did......
Loved the old machines where you pulled the bottle out by the neck and a new one rolled in its place. Didn't love it when the machine wouldn't loosen its grip on the bottle. Definitely Dr Pepper with peanuts. Also loved a hot(warm not spicy) Dr, Pepper.
Great thread.