Home Basketball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Is Zion Williamson too heavy for the physical forces he generates ?..

Comments

• 3rdshift3rdshift Posts: 546 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

agree ...i was talking from the owners perspective....

• GrayDawgGrayDawg Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If everybody had WC's outlook humanity would still be waiting for someone to run a sub four minute mile. Limits are meant to be tested not shied away from.

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He’ll drop some weight in the NBA but when his playing days are over , look out. He’ll blow up bigger than a house... but until then I can’t wait to watch big Z do his thing

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2019

Graydawg. Show me a champion sprinter who carried a lot of weight. Put 30lb on Bolt, would he run faster ? It doesn't take an expert to know it would slow him down. A 250lb Zion Williamson would not be slower or have a lower vertical jump.

Usain Bolt is 6'5'' 207lb. If he was 250lb he would still be fast, just not nearly AS fast.Some numb skulls would doubtless surmise the fat made him fast though.

• scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Has anyone else noticed that most of WC's posts lately are somewhat obsessive speculations on the bodies of young men? Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Give it a rest Scooter, aka levander.

• ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg

Not really. If you look at the picture of the shoes after the incident the soles had been worn out. He has had many different shoes this season and word is those are his practice shoes and he feels comfy in them and wore them to what was an important "career moment" game.

9th grade he was 5'9 175 then in the 10th jumped to 6'3 210. I think 275 is an okay weight for him. Oddly enough I used to think Lebron would have the issues you worry about with Zion (Miami Heat Lebron was 6'9 285-290). But looking at him; Zion is training his body. I don't see the same baby fat from HS to now. I think he tones himself up and will be in the 260 to 275 range and thats okay.

TLJ. I saw an article the other day that had him at 6'3'' 175lb as a high school freshman.

• GrayDawgGrayDawg Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You would've told Usain Bolt he was too tall to be a sprinter and forced him to focus on the triple jump.

• RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I thought Nike was just making shoes for kneeling now. Was he wearing those?

Graydawg would have Bolt eating donuts by the dozen because if he can run super fast at 207lb, he could run super sonic at 250lb.

• RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sonic is bad enough. If he ate at super sonic. He would blow rite on by 250lb. Jmo

• ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg not trying to argue but I also saw an article saying different. He was always chubby is one thing thats a fact.

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2019

“Zion Williamson is college basketball's premier physical force at 6'7", 285 pounds, but the freshman phenom wasn't always so imposing. The Duke star told GQ on Tuesday that he was 6'3", 175 pounds as a high school freshman. Williamson said he added "a hundred pounds" between his freshman and junior year at Spartanburg Day School in Spartanburg, S.C 

"Freshman year, I was small. I was 6'3", 175—like, I was small," Williamson told GQ's Devin Gordon. "And over the course of about two years I picked up a hundred pounds.”

Note the inclusion of a link @WCDawg to support the statement. It really helps.

TLJ. It's well established Williamson was 6'3'' 175lb early in his high school years.

• JTMoyniJTMoyni Posts: 76 ✭✭✭ Junior

Force equals mass times acceleration. So really one's size is part of how much force they generate. You cannot be too heavy or light compared to the force you generate as it's part of the same equation. This post is 100% factual so please resist your usual personal attack on facts.

JTMoyni. Sorry dude, your reasoning is off. Carrying around extra weight puts stress on joints, connective tissue, the heart, etc.