Home Basketball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Hawks might have won the trade

13»

Comments

• Options
    corai3corai3 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I can't say this with assurance, but I'd say that the European pro leagues are better than the NCAA. This just means Luka has two years playing against better competition than Trae does, so his transition was smoother.

• Options
    dawgitimafandawgitimafan Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I would imagine it's allot more games played? Also probably better coaching, playing with grown men.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2019

coral3. Doncic's combination of scoring, assist and rebounds average was only matched by 1 rookie in history, Oscar Robertson. He is special, but Trae plays the position where he handles the ball most of the time, he's pretty special too.

• Options
    MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They're both GREAT and now the Hawks need to MIRACULOUSLY land #1 or 2 in the draft lottery. Let's hope the fix is in in favor of the Hawks.

• Options
    GeorgiaGirlGeorgiaGirl Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Haven't read about it recently, but yeah a year or so ago I saw chatter about how most of the top league Euroleague teams would completely beat up even the best NCAA team. Not even to factor in that, but AAU basketball isn't really the best place for young players to grow. On those Euroleague teams, even if you're a potential stud, you won't play if you don't play D or within the system. They're not concerned about development, only concerned about winning. Not to wander too far off the subject, but the Ball kids would not have played if LaVar Ball did not fashion something that was absolutely ridiculous last year. He had them with a more lower level league, and it was really only in showcases where they played.

• Options
    BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As if. It will be rigged to favor Mark Cuban

This upcoming draft has me remembering the year Patrick Ewing was coming out. That was the year we got Jon Kontract

• Options

The NBA has NEVER been BETTER. The game is better and more free flowing and the athletes r bigger, stronger, faster and more skilled thanks in part to the influence of the European game on American basketball.

• Options
    edited March 2019

There is nothing to suggest the lottery is rigged. That would be risking a multibillion dollar business, for what exactly ?

• Options

MeR3tid. Offense is great, defense has taken a huge step back over the past 2 years. Everybody wants to build a GS clone, but nobody has the roster that can play their style of offense AND good defense.

• Options

Thanks for clearing that up. We really thought it moght be rigged. 🤔

• Options
    TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Getting Koncak wasn't great, but not terrible. Matching Detroit's offer to him however.....

• Options

Bankwalker...''we'' ? Are you a member of a conspiracy theory newsletter club ?

Seriously though, who would go along with letting Dallas cheat ? it defies logic.

• Options
    orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Everyone is high on the Duke players but the kid from Gonzaga would work well in Atl also

• Options

Ha. You have no idea. Im deep in to Illuminati and alien conspiracy stuff. Post your email address and I’ll send you a link

“We”. - I was just taking the liberty of also answering for @MeR3htid on his conspiracy claim.

• Options

Collins and Young in back to back years. Hopefully we can add a couple of more studs in Junes draft to further bolster the nucleus in place with Collins, Young and Huerter. The Hawks should absolutely b right in the thick of the ever improving Eastern Conferences playoff picture in '19 '20 with maybe a punchers chance of snagging a top 4 seed depending on who between Milwaukee, Philly, Boston or Toronto takes a step back.

• Options
    texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Supposedly Vegas recently pulled the odds on betting for rookie of the year because Doncic was running away with it.

Not so fast!!!!

Although Doncic will still probably win it - Young has closed the gap significantly and it is no longer a slam dunk.

It is also looking like the Hawks will get the Mavs pick this year. Becoming less likely that the Mavs get a top 5 pick.

• Options
    dawgitimafandawgitimafan Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yes solid drafting the past two years, I really like the HC as well, he's not MB but pretty good imo.i think if they wanted they could be 5-6 seed next year, that would mean signing pretty decent FA's and cutting some minutes on some young players, neither of which management is interested in I would guess, East is peaking right now and there is no reason to spend money and draft lower only to get smoked by a Philly or Toronto or Boston in the first round. They might actually send some of the middle aged talent out of town for more picks at this point. Only way Atlanta gets a superstar outside of drafting is to load up on draft picks and trade for him, most likely.