Home Basketball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Hawks might have won the trade

Comments

• Dakota_NesterDakota_Nester Posts: 398 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Not sure if this was mentioned, but Luka did play 2 years in the Euro before coming over. I did expect him to play better than Trae from the start . I think year 3 will be the telling year to evaluate the trade

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

dawgtimafan. Mike Vick is pure trash, I just don't have any interest is glorifying his pimp ass.

Sports is about winning, not ''buzz'', MJ is MJ because he won with style and didn't torture dogs for sport.

Trae had 36 pts, 8 boards and 10 assist tonight. A very good sign, he took 17 free throws and made 16. He is the best rookie at attacking the basket, I didn't see that coming.

GeorgiaGirl, where did you find the stat of Trae's 3 pt percentages ?

• GeorgiaGirlGeorgiaGirl Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2019

You can simply go to basketball-reference.com, search a player, click on gamelogs, and click the columns. It'll do the math.

Trae actually isn't very good inside this season, it's more he's not afraid to go in there, but the percentages are bad for right at the rim. I can't find the snippet to TheAthletic article off the back that I saw earlier today, but he drives at about 10.5 times per game and only scores 44.5% of the time. Not great.

ETA: Finally found it. I'm actually way low on the drives but only off by .1 on the amount of the time he scores. He drives 17.1 times per game. Clearly not afraid to get inside but when he gets there, it sometimes is not pretty by that stat and by the eyes.

His float game, passing, and doing much better with the shooting than November is much of the story.

Trae is really good at the rim, it just shows up in how often he goes to the foul line. He hit 16 of 17 free throws tonight, that is the same as going 8 for 8.5 shooting 2 pt shots.

• EastAtlDawgEastAtlDawg Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I love Trae I’m getting a Jersey never understood the doubters...

• texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Both the Mavs and Hawks had to have a great draft and they both did.

Doncic had 26pts 10 rebs 7 assts tonight

• TMazz2009TMazz2009 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Luka is still only just now turned 20 years old. For his age, he is doing things never seen before.

Not sure why playing in Euro would translate to better when the players are the same age.

• MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Trae Young with back to back 36 pt outings vs Rockets in an 8 point loss and again last night in an OT victory over Minnesota where he and Collins combined for like 69-70 pts. Something tells me that Dallas is gonna land in the top 5 in the Lottery and we'll b screwed out of the 2nd 1st round pick but if we do get it we still have to nail the pick to win the trade.

• corai3corai3 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I can't say this with assurance, but I'd say that the European pro leagues are better than the NCAA. This just means Luka has two years playing against better competition than Trae does, so his transition was smoother.

• dawgitimafandawgitimafan Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I would imagine it's allot more games played? Also probably better coaching, playing with grown men.

edited February 2019

coral3. Doncic's combination of scoring, assist and rebounds average was only matched by 1 rookie in history, Oscar Robertson. He is special, but Trae plays the position where he handles the ball most of the time, he's pretty special too.

• MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They're both GREAT and now the Hawks need to MIRACULOUSLY land #1 or 2 in the draft lottery. Let's hope the fix is in in favor of the Hawks.

• GeorgiaGirlGeorgiaGirl Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Haven't read about it recently, but yeah a year or so ago I saw chatter about how most of the top league Euroleague teams would completely beat up even the best NCAA team. Not even to factor in that, but AAU basketball isn't really the best place for young players to grow. On those Euroleague teams, even if you're a potential stud, you won't play if you don't play D or within the system. They're not concerned about development, only concerned about winning. Not to wander too far off the subject, but the Ball kids would not have played if LaVar Ball did not fashion something that was absolutely ridiculous last year. He had them with a more lower level league, and it was really only in showcases where they played.