Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

ARRESTED: Malkom Parrish

Comments

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

TND. I had a neighbor in Cave Spring who wore a Glock in a hip holster to take out the trash or retrieve mail. To me it screamed posturing instability, and somebody not to trust.

• Options
    BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2019

Not being able to delete a quote that you didnt mean to click and didn't even realize until you see “draft saved” is highly irritating.

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 745 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

IMO, this has nothing to do with UGA football and personally dont care to see it on this board. However.... a DN writer seem to think it was football news and posted a story on it so I guess my opinion is invalid.... and UGA fans must want to have thes types of issues about past players to make the sports page headlines. Well OK?

• Options
    edited March 2019

GBAL. I wouldn't have started a thread on this subject, but I feel a sort of obligation to serve as a counter to the ''from my cold dead hands'' thinking that prevails in these parts.

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So I re-read. Looks like YaleDawg got one over one Levander. Damnit,

I’ll probably be back on the board tonight like usual. Gonna be a busy morning and afternoon.

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That is perfectly fine as long as you recognize that it is a Constitutional Right and that some people take it very seriously. If you don't like guns, that is perfectly acceptable...just don't pass judgement on people who do. These discussions usually take a nasty turn when someone starts calling gun owners names and makes it personal.

• Options

Hmmm...maybe your neighbor thought the same about the neighborhood, which is why he felt the need to carry at his house. It's really not anyone's business to judge someone who is acting within the law.

• Options
    edited March 2019

pg. we'll have to respectfully disagree. These discussions almost always go wrong when gun supporters start insulting anybody who disagrees with them. ''libtards'', ''Nancys'' ''commies'', etc.

• Options

Yep, along with the broad generalizations. I can think of a few families on the campus of Va Tech who wish more than one student had a gun on campus.

Gun Free Zones are a magnet not a deterrent. No lunatic has ever planned their heinous act by first eliminating all of the “Gun Free Zones” as potential target sites. It’s cartoonish to think someone says “Welp, I’d like to shoot up that building but there’s a “no guns allowed” sign out front.

I had to go to the Sam Nunn building downtown this week. It is next to The Gulch and railroad tracks. There were more armed security officers out front and in the lobby than TSA agents in the entire North or South terminals at Hartsfield. Can’t even carry a pocket knife inside. So if you have any business down there you have no choice but to leave your stuff susceptible in your vehicle or at home altogether.

• Options

pg. to my knowledge Cave Spring didn't have a serious violent crime in the 5 years I lived there. The neighborhood we lived in didn't have a real crime of any kind while I was there and I never heard tell of one happening at any time.

There was no logical reason for this guy to strap a gun on, it was at best posturing.

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options

This thread needs to be closed if any of the rules are to be taken seriously.

• Options

That is your opinion. It's his right...why judge? It's none of your business what someone else legally does. How was he bothering you? And just because there hasn't been a crime in long time doesn't mean it will never happen. Bad guys don't give advanced notice. That's the whole point. Do you lock your doors at night?

• Options

pg. we've reached a complete impasse, please, get in the last word if you must.

• Options

What rules are being broken? The thread is in the off topic. This is not a D vs R political conversation.

• Options
    TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sorry if someone judges to show the world their gun, I reserve the right to judge them.

• Options

Of course it is political. There are countless insults to others also.

I am English as most know. In England there are 40 gun homicides a year as the rules are extremely strict with only hunting guns allowed and to get one you have to a thorough background check and a home inspection to ensure that there is a safe. if the gun is taken out for reasons other than hunting the licence is revoked and the violator is subject to 5 years in prison. Basically no-one has a gun as there is no need. The shootings that occur here regularly due to fear that someone has a gun just don't happen. For comparison 40 homicides in England equates to 200 in the US adjusting for population. That means Americans are 60 times more likely to killed by a gun!

• Options

I wish every time someone tried to call for the mods to do something just because it disagrees with their own personal feelings that 5 people would DV the would-be censor to immediately remove their post. Get over it ppl. It’s OFF TOPIC. Select thread view so you dont view the entire board, or just simply ignore the thread. It’s not hard. At all.