Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Would you fly in a 737 right now ?...

2»

Comments

• Options
    jay_kubzzjay_kubzz Posts: 658 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hate that people died. I hope the stock keeps falling hard so I can load up on some more shares! 🤫🤫🤫

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    DGDinNYCDGDinNYC Posts: 748 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A close friend of mine is a naval aviator and flies 737s. He says it's a combination of a system malfunction and human error.

He thinks the problem is with a new system that is malfunctioning and incorrectly tells the pilot to point the nose down. The plane thinks the nose is too high even if it isn't setting off alarms and sensors. Problem is most pilots these days just rely on auto-pilot and when the plane starts yelling at them they get disoriented and panic.

So with the sensors being wrong and the pilot only relying on those sensors he points the nose down and it leads to disaster.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kasey - '' with or without parachute ?'' Bridge On The River Qui.

• Options
    EastAtlDawgEastAtlDawg Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Im a private pilot and i have no fears of the 737 max...

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The planes didn't get to an altitude to use a parachute I believe. I wouldn't fly, let family fly or even my worst enemy fly on this plane EVER. I won't trust the findings and/or modifications implemented for 15 years as there is too much corruption involved.