Home Diamond Dawgs Baseball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Diamond Dawgs

Comments

• Options
    orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well that was fun for a moment. Cmon Dawgs

• Options
    DawgNationDailyDawgNationDaily Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

For some more context on the unexpected offensive explosion for FSU: A couple weeks ago the Noles were "no hit" by Stetson, and they recently only beat Jacksonville 3-1.

• Options
    GeorgiaGirlGeorgiaGirl Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good night.

This regional is already as good as wrapped up and done. Georgia's going to have to throw Wilcox first tomorrow, and even if you win that, based off what I've seen, while Elliott *could* fight through some innings, you're as good as completely out of effective pitching even if you do win vs FAU and are likely going to get crushed in 1 game again.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You are way too positive.

• Options

@georgiagirl All I can say is the FSU folks I've talked to aren't nearly that confident. They don't even feel great about an eight-run lead right now.

• Options

UGA is appealing the call of an out at first base on the inning-ending double play.

• Options

Ruling stands as called.

• Options

I thought he probably was out, based on the in-house replay I saw. Did TV have a better angle?

• Options

If you need cheering up: 4-star WR -- and the nation's No. 74 player -- AJ Henning is apparently in town this weekend...

https://twitter.com/AJHenning3/status/1134805329097760768

• Options

For more context on FSU: Seminoles were shut out eight (!) times this season.

• Options

The seven, eight and nine hitters for FSU have driven in nine of their 10 runs.

• Options

I expected UGA to eventually get Van Eyk out of the game, but that hasn't happened. The Diamond Dawgs will still have the starting pitching advantage in every game for the remainder of the series. However, they're going to have to find a spark offensively. This was fans' most significant concern come to life. Can UGA hit enough to make a postseason run? The answer tonight has been no.

• Options

If you're still watching the game, Randon Jernigan just made an amazing catch in the outfield. FSU fans even gave him a standing ovation.

• Options

And then Jernigan made another.

• Options
    MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Our backs are officially against the wall now. Hancock just did NOT have his command today. He's usually pinpoint with ALL 3 pitches. We can get it done, but that pitching depth is sure gonna have to pull the weight now! And having a double header tomorrow if we beat FAU SUCKS!

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I won't be sold on Scott Stricklin till he starts winning on big stages

• Options
    coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2019

Would like to see Elliot start the game against Florida Atlantic, would feel pretty good about Wilcox going against FSUs third starter in the 6:00 game.

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, lots of questionable coaching calls. Such as bringing the infield in to try to save one run in the 4th, that would’ve only put UGA down 1 was terrible. Ended up causing the bloop fly to right where the first baseman fell down. Normal depth he catches it, as he doesn’t have near as far to go and run doesn’t score from third.

Also need a new batting coach. Hitters constantly swing at stuff way off the plate, and watch strikes right over the middle. And I guess they’re into the new baseball metrics of falling in love with the long ball. Batters are swinging their backs out and not getting good contact.

• Options

@Teddy I agree on bringing in the infield in the fourth last night. I'm also starting to question the sense in having Locey start Game 1 vs. Mercer instead of saving him for last night. (Although that's probably purely a second guess.)

• Options

By the way, I heard Dari Nowkah say on SECN last night that teams that win first two games of a regional advance to the Super about 80% of the time. That's FSU's scenario in the Athens Regional. In other words, Diamond Dawgs clearly have their work cut out for them.