Home Diamond Dawgs Baseball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Diamond Dawgs

Comments

• Options
    DawgNationDailyDawgNationDaily Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Let me also say something else... It is completely ridiculous UGA is the away team again today. I get the NCAA rules and all, but I also secretly suspect I know why that rule exists.

• Options

Schunk's home run looked like it hit the light tower. Did it look that way off TV?

• Options

And by the way, rumor is Kirby is in the building today. Would y'all mind letting me know if they show him on the broadcast?

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's not just specific calls/decisions that go into being a big game coach Sometimes It's more about preparation and getting players to give their best. So far CSS has not got his teams up for big games.

• Options

@WCDawg I had a chance to ask Stricklin about that last night. My basic question was whether it was better to focus on trying to stay relaxed or attempt to bare down in a pressure situation.

Stricklin said "baring down" could lead to trying too hard. He wants his team relaxed.

If that is truly his goal, the case can be made they didn't succeed at it last night (beyond just the fact they lost). They seemed almost too amped up, especially Hancock.

• Options

Coastal Carolina still beating Georgia Tech 4-2. This is an elimination game for the Yellow Jackets after losing on a walk-off home run to Auburn last night.

• Options
    IwantkendallIwantkendall Posts: 305 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Elliot looks great today

• Options

Diamond Dawgs kind of humming along at the moment, but that double play to end the inning was probably bigger than it seemed. Hard-hit ball that was not necessarily easy to field.

• Options

@Iwantkendall You're right. It's been a good day for him thus far -- which is exactly what UGA needs.

• Options
    coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

To answer your question @DawgNationDaily, they’ve shown Kirby several times during the TV broadcast. Looks like he’s there with at least one of his sons, might be the whole family.

• Options
  • Options
    orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Looking good today. If Dawgs win, when is next game ?

• Options
  • Options

I thought this was a funny tweet. The fans beyond the right field wall have been supplying the "home-field" music since it's banned in stadium.

• Options

8th grand slam of the season for UGA. That's the most for a season in program history.

• Options

Georgia Tech now down 7-2 vs. Coastal Carolina in the top of the 6th. It obviously wasn't a great night for UGA last night, but the Yellow Jackets are the No. 3 seed. This isn't a great look for them thus far.

• Options

Next game is at 6:00. Cole Wilcox hasn't yet officially been named starter, but it's almost for sure his game. Scott Stricklin will probably announce it momentarily.

• Options
    DirtDawgDirtDawg Posts: 532 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Tim Elliot just pitched one of the greatest complete games for Georgia I can think of. Gotta beat FSU twice now. Tough ask, but our bats look good.

• Options
    coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That game couldn't have gone much better for us, was big having Elliott pitch a complete game. Our pitching is set up about as good as you could hope for coming out of the loser’s bracket.