Home Diamond Dawgs Baseball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Diamond Dawgs

Comments

• Options
    DawgNationDailyDawgNationDaily Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If Cable doesn't slide I think he has a chance to make it on that one.

• Options

UGA has been a great defensive team all season. That was an inexplicable play. And now Stricklin's bringing the infield in.

• Options
    HornedDawgsHornedDawgs Posts: 610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Tough to watch

• Options
    SquillDawgSquillDawg Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have a problem with the execution of the shift. I'm fine with shifting, but you leave the shortstop and move the 3b. Then only one player isn't in his usual position instead of two.

• Options
    coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We can’t buy a break against FSU, everything we hit is right at somebody and everything they hit finds a hole or goes out of the yard. Need something good to happen to give us some momentum.

• Options

@SquillDawg That's a good point. Here's the other thing about the shift that I'd be curious to hear someone talk more about: MLB shifts are based on hundreds of at-bats worth of data. It's a much smaller sample size of info in college. Are they sure that's the right strategy given the circumstances?

• Options

@coastaldawg yeah, I've maintained that UGA has the pitching edge, but they've got to find some offense. It feels pretty tense in the stadium right now to be honest.

• Options

@HornedDawgs Yeah, they need something good to happen fast.

• Options

Zac Kristofak up for UGA in the bullpen. He hasn't pitched yet in the series.

• Options
    brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Put me in the “Fire Scott Strickland” party

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Stricklin needs to recruit some bats. 2 above average hitters on the team.

• Options

It's frustrating how good they've made FSU look. Seminoles lost three times to Florida this season and -- given how bad Florida was -- that's tough to comprehend.

• Options
    SquillDawgSquillDawg Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is just straight up frustrating to watch.

• Options
    PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The two games against FSU have been my worst fears about this team come to life. I'm all for being solid defensively and on the mound. That's basic baseball. However, you can't expect to win every big game 2-1, 3-2 or something like that. If you go back and look at the better teams we have played this season there have been a lot of games like that. Specifically at the college level you have to be able to score runs in bunches.

• Options

UGA is butchering everything in the field now. Hard to understand how they're imploding like this. And even more difficult to grasp what it might take to turn around the momentum.

• Options

@PTDawg Yep. However, I'd also add that in addition to the lack of offense, there have been three UGA errors and four FSU batters walked tonight. I wouldn't have seen that coming.

• Options

Justin Glover up in the UGA bullpen.

• Options
    SATX_DAWGSATX_DAWG Posts: 36 ✭✭✭ Junior

Unbelievable. Smdh.