Home Basketball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

DawgNation bracket challenge

Comments

• Options
    orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Off to a decent start, didn’t put much thought into my bracket. Got the Heels to win it.

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If I'm reading the leaderboard correctly, @Kconnorriley is 11-1 thus far, so kudos to him.

• Options
    IwantMekhailIwantMekhail Posts: 301 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Seton hall has been perfect in the 2nd half

• Options

I took Seton Hall in all of my brackets. But this is nerve-wracking. They gotta stop Magee. Make someone else beat you.

• Options

This is why I spend between $0-$10 on March Madness pools each year

Love to watch it though.

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

13-3 after day 1 with Louisville, Seton Hall and Syracuse letting me down.

• Options
    corai3corai3 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    IwantMekhailIwantMekhail Posts: 301 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

14-2 Belmont and New Mexico st screwed me

• Options

I feel bad for Nevada's fans. That team was good enough to make a run. Looked like the Martin twins tried to do too much. Didn't involve their teammates enough.

Sharp contrast to Murray State's Ja Morant, who took what Marquette gave him. I pointed out to my son that Morant took only 9 shots in recording his triple double. That was fun to watch. A lot more fun than watching James Harden go 14-for-38.

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 745 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited March 2019

Tied for 157th with 230 others... 87% accurate..... Thats amongst the Dawgnation group...... Looking at all entries into the ESPN Challenge Bracket, sitting at a very competatitive 2,235,367th rank!

• Options
    CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Grabbed a couple wins so far today with Oklahoma and Iowa so that helps

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2019

I went 13-3 on yesterday's games, not terrible. If I'd simply taken the higher seed in all 16 games I would have gone 15-1 though. This go to the reason people who know little to nothing about the game often do well in office pools. Just take the higher seed, no thinking required.

• Options
    edited March 2019

Anotherdawg. If any player other than Zion Williams goes 1st in the draft, it will be Morant. That kid is flat out special. If The Hawks land the 2nd spot they will be able to get a lot in return for the rights to Ja. If the team picking 3rd needs a PG, they'll give up a mint for his rights.

• Options

Hawks in a unique position. Do they get a running mate for Young, like the splash bros?Or go bigger like the Hitachi kid from Gonzaga

Yes I know that’s not his name.

• Options

His real name is Nomo Hibachi.

If the Hawks want a big they could also consider Taco Falafel from UCF, Kumar Koumadje from FSU, or Manute Bol's son, Bing Bang Bol.

• Options

Seriously, Hachimura reminds me of Horford. Would fit nicely in Atl imo

• Options

Orlando. If, and it's a BIG if we land at 2 in the draft, we've struck gold. There are only 2 players who will be considered at the 1 spot by everybody, Zion Williams and Ja. Murray, both are ridiculously special prospects.

If we have the 2 spot and Murray goes 1st ( don't laugh) then it's a no brainer, we take Zion. If ZW goes 1st, (which of course is likely) and we're sitting on the 2nd pick, let the fun begin. Since we're good at PG for hopefully the next 15 years it would seem wise to shop the pick.

Of the early lottery teams there is one that seems tailor made for this scenario, Phoenix. They have a place holder at PG and 3 SF's who are good enough to develop into plus starters. TJ Warren was their starter, but both Kelly Oubre and Josh Jackson are even younger than Warren, who is just 25. I'd prefer Warren but I'd sure consider either Oubre or Jackson plus draft picks.

When you consider the sign and trade route, MANY options open up. How many young teams with talent but in need of a difference maker at PG would be interested in landing Murray, what would they give up for the rights to him ?

• Options
    edited March 2019

Definitely lots of possibilities. Question is IF Hawks get #2 , do you pass on a guy like Ja or trade for the pick?

• Options

My UC-Irvine pick has catapulted me into 871st place in the DN pool.