Home DawgNation 5-star Chef Zone
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Favorite Donut

Comments

• Options
    corai3corai3 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I will throw in there that hot donuts are better than room temperature ones

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

absolutely anything from the KK bakery..

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Christopher. That photo looks like the kind of old fashioned sour cream with glaze doughnut that helped make this country great.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

It’s a KK sour cream cake. DD has one that’s good, but not as good as the above

• Options
    dawgitimafandawgitimafan Posts: 776 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm a sucker for the original glazed, sour cream a close second, all the cream filled chocolate covered options should just be tossed imo, kind of like putting sugar in coffee or BBQ sauce on a hamburger, not saying it's nasty, just don't say you love coffee and then dump in half cup of sugar.

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Here is the original KK - and it is NOT sour creme:

Love the sour cream/creme is you will - not judging - but it isn't (is not) original.

But nothing beats the ORIGINAL yeast glazed KK donut, fresh from the glaze drenching.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2019

FPD - yeast stinks, not that I'm judging.

Also. the photo in Christopher's post sure looks like a vanilla glazed KK sour cream doughnut. They don't use real sour cream though, that makes them apostates in my book.

• Options
    RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2019

Sugar n Spice in Jesup. Their glazed will blow KK out of the water. Wife brings KK home, I'll pass. For real

Had 3 this morning with coffee

• Options
    tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

widely avail: krispy kreme, the one with the white icing stuffed in the middle

best I have ever had: voodoo doughnut in Denver, CO

https://www.voodoodoughnut.com/

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

To prefer another is one thing, but to say that the yeast glazed stinks is weird, and perhaps makes you ritually unclean in some circles. The fresh yeast (KK Original Glazed) glazed melts in yo (my) mouth.

Can eat 4 and think you ate 2 they go down so fast. <- commenting for a friend.

• Options
    dawgdude65dawgdude65 Posts: 162 ✭✭✭ Junior

Williamson's Bakery in Dublin, GA. Best donuts ever. Light and fluffy. Plain glazed donuts are not to sweet unlike KK which are to sweet to me. Chocolate are off the chain.

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2019

Glazed, glazed, and glazed. Microwave for exactly 13 seconds.

Don't mess with perfection.

• Options
    scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree with @FirePlugDawg . There’s not very many “bad” doughnuts and I can appreciate the more homemade/old fashioned style donuts but a fresh, warm KK glazed melts in your mouth like no other. Now a boxed KK can be good if heated up but a yeast glazed is kinda like a good croissant or fresh baked bread in that the fresher the better so I have to think the volume they do at a KK store facilitates this.

• Options
    TurkDawgTurkDawg Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

KK vanilla cream filled with chocolate icing

I don’t like the custard filled ones which look similar to my favorites...

• Options
    allywallyw Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Disclaimer: I’m not a donut obsessive. But when I partake I prefer French crueller or blueberry cake with a cup of black coffee.

• Options
    TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Many a person has told me that their doughnut place was the best, I have tried most of them, KK is still better.

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

KK is good but the local mom and pop store named Shipley’s blows it out the door. 25 mins from the house and worth the drive. The apple fritters are amazing

• Options
    amjadawgsamjadawgs Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2019

Another local mom and pop choice: Golden Donut in Columbus, GA. If you haven't tried one, do so, it's well worth it!

KK is 2nd in my opinion.