Home Basketball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Which current NBA player would have the most value on the open market ?..

124»

Comments

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If The Raptors close out The Warriors Kahwi Leonard will doubtless win series MVP. He will have 2 titles and 2 Finals MVP awards younger than either Jordan or Lebron achieved either.

This could reshape the conversation for best young player.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

Kawhi is making his case

• Options
    greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dan Mullen is posting that Giannis has committed to Florida. Probably not true.

• Options
    edited June 2019

Kirby better land Leonard if Mullet gets Giannis, that's all I'm saying.

• Options
    MeR3htidMeR3htid Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kawhi at 27 years old and about to b a 2 time champion and 2 time Finals MVP is about to officially enter the best player in league history conversation joining IMO LeBron, KAJ, MJ, Tim Duncan, and a smattering of others. Now he'll have to keep this up for another 7 or 8 more years to pass the likes of Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, Hakeem Olajuwon, Shaquille O'Neal, Dwayne Wade and the like, but I'm betting that he's gonna do just that and share Mt Rushmore with KAJ, MJ and LeBron. So at 27 this projection would take him through his age 35 season. I c AT LEAST 4 Championships TOTAL for his career and of course, him being Finals MVP in each 1 of those series wins. IMO, this is the level of SPECIAL that we're witnessing.

• Options

Leonard looked every bit the all time level champion last night. He has put all that talent together now. If you could design a SF/SG he would come close to the ideal. Superb length and build, excellent coordination and now elite court sense. Last but not least, he shows up in the biggest games.

• Options
    ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Giannis is the popular choice at 24 but Im not looking over Kawhi at 27 with his third chance at a NBA finals ring. It'd have to be those two!

Guys that fly under the radar Jokic (small market) and Anthony Davis (health concerns YEARLY)...

Overrated guys Ben Simmons (cant score).

@SquillDawg I cant say its wrong to comp them in a... "at this point in their careers" story. Giannis is doing well so far.

• Options

I think this would be Leonard's 2nd title. He was MVP in his win with SA and no doubt he will be in this series if Toronto can close it out.

• Options

Consider the torch passing among all non Centers to be Elgin Baylor to Julius Erving to Bird/Johnson ( I can't separate the 2 but if I did it would be Magic because of the 5 NBA Titles and Head to Head win n NCAA Championship Game) to Michael Jordan to LeBron James to NOW Kawhi Leonard to EVENTUALLY Giannis. Sorry K.D. Kobe, and Steph and Wade but peak Kawhi is better if only ever so slightly.

• Options

And FYI I considered T. Duncan a Center and so did Greg Popovich as he stated that Tim Duncan was his Center every since David Robinson retired.