Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Braves Ongoing Season Comments Thread..

Comments

• Options
    CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Andddddd I was wrong. Hamilton is batting right now lol

• Options
    dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Somebody aka mlb needs to do something about the Marlins. You can’t have a coach who says it’s okay to hit a player just because he hits homeruns every game against your team. I believe mlb should take drastic measures against the Marlins because it’s out of hand.

• Options
    MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Send in one of the rookies when their best player comes in and have him plunk him one. Sure he’ll get tossed but it’s time to send a message to the Marlins that this **** can’t continue

• Options
    TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That play Hechavarria made in the 9th was fantastic

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It was as good an infield play as I've seen this year. In a 1 or 2 run game a play like that can be the difference in winning and losing. The snag was great, getting into position and making the throw was jaw dropping.

• Options
    TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agreed the speed he turns and makes a reasonable throw on the ground was the key. It seems like all of the position players that have come in have been able to have an immediate impact play. That has to help with team morale. Of course the bullpen has been the opposite, but those guys seem to be settling in.

The playoffs are going to be tough, with some good teams, but unlike last year I feel this team can make a run.

• Options

No doubt both are true. With the relief pitchers I'd much rather they struggle early then settle down as come out blazing and fizzle out though. Right now it's looking like we might have an excellent pen come playoff time.

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nice start tonight. Hechavarria with the bomb on his old team.

• Options

It's not often a team scores 5 runs on just 3 hits, I'll take it though.

• Options
    UGA4LifeUGA4Life Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I know this has been mentioned before, but Julio is like an EKG machine with his starts. Great start last night, but the start before was the worst of his career.

• Options
    MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg Yeah, I saw that in the box score. Atlanta had just one man LOB. Miami had nine LOB. LMAO.

I sorta feel like that's justice deserved. Following numerous throws by Miami pitchers at our guy, Acuna.

• Options
    CLT_DawgCLT_Dawg Posts: 52 ✭✭✭ Junior

His ER line in the starts since the break 0,2,1,0,2,3,1,6,0. More like my pulse rate, with the blip when we play the SEC West outside of the Hedges.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Overall, to me, he's pitched like an ace. No one goes undefeated as a starter, but for the last 6 weeks or so he's been close. I'll be happy if he can just keep it up - doesn't need to improve too much for me.

• Options
    CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2019

Honestly, Julio has been terrific since the beginning of May.

From May 5 - June 13, a stretch of 8 games, Julio posted a 0.81 ERA over 44.2 innings.

He gave up 13 runs over the next 2 games, just 8 innings pitched.

Then from June 29 until last night, a stretch of 10 games, he posted a 2.83 ERA over 54 innings. If you remove his aberration from last Thursday (1.1 innings, 7 ER), that number drops to a 1.88 ERA.

He has given up 16 home runs and has what, four games left? His career low since he became a full-time starter for homers allowed is 22. Julio has been our second most consistent pitcher this year, especially since he got going in May. I think he starts Game 3 in the NLDS.

• Options
    UWGDawgUWGDawg Posts: 490 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CTDawg I'm not so sure Julio isn't pitching game 2. But there isn't a huge separation between Kuechel, Fried, and Julio other than Dallas's playoff experience.

• Options

Even great pitchers ( Maddux being an exception) have a game here and there where they seemingly can't get anybody out. If we keep getting 7 good starts for every bad start from Julio he'll be a big net plus.

• Options

Checking in on how we're doing with Bobby Cox's approach of winning every series down the stretch.

We've gone 7-0-1 in series going back to July 26th. We split a 4 game series at The Marlins and won the other 7 outright. It's not like we've beaten lightweights either.

This discussion has been closed.