Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Braves Ongoing Season Comments Thread..

Comments

• Options
    CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I like Snitker for a lot of reasons. His ability to manage a bullpen is a joke. Soroka deserved this win and he deserved the chance to close out the 7th.

• Options
    MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yup, this has been downright brutal. Better watch out if you’re a trashcan or fire extinguisher in the Braves clubhouse

• Options
    CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Snitker would pull Nolan freaking Ryan if it meant he could play the matchup game

• Options
    UGA4LifeUGA4Life Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If we had any kind of a bullpen, Soroka could possibly have about 4-5 more wins than he does now.

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Soroka just can't catch a break. He hasn't won a game over his last 6 starts even though his ERA is around 2.30 during that stretch. Good thing he has the makeup to keep perspective.

Washington is still a big threat, they're winning tonight.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

tough stretch for the Bravos. Facing good pitching and great hitting. Need to hunker down and get healthy.

• Options
    KirbstomperKirbstomper Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2019

I said in the other thread that bullpens everywhere are bad but it is painful watching ours these days.

• Options

Also the dodgers are still just a way better team than us in every phase of the game.

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,406 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options

Washington will likely be just 3 games back in the loss column when their game ends in a few minutes. and still 2 more games against The Dodgers. The lead could be gone soon.

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,406 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

MLB needs to revise the pitchers W L decisions. In theory a starter can go 8.2 innings and leave with a 4-0 lead and the "Closer" come in give up 4 runs and get 1 out and then get the "win"

• Options
  • Options
    coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Who do the Braves call up to replace Ender - Duvall, Pache, Waters, or someone else? My first choice would be Waters. He’s probably not ready yet, but he’s a good hitter from both sides of the plate and can play all three outfield positions. Pache would be my second choice, a good defensive center fielder who would probably put up comparable numbers to Ender’s season stats. Duvall had a great start but I think he’s shown that he’s not the answer. Don’t know anything about Ortega, hadn’t heard of him until they called him up. Anybody they could get from the waiver wire is available for a reason, not a good option.

• Options

I think it's most likely to be Duvall. When rosters expand in 2 weeks we'll see some of those young studs called up.

Washington looks like a real threat to catch us. They have shaved 2 games off our lead in 3 days and we might lose our next 2 against The Dodgers. It's very possible our lead will be down to 2 or 3 games in a few days. If this goes south we all know it's likely to be the pen that folds.

• Options

Agree, probably Duvall. If he struggles I think it would be Pache. Likely a little less raw than waters, and apparently he has a bit better game than waters anyway.

get excited for pache by the way. He will be the second coming of andruw Jones in center defensively. Honestly I think if the playoffs started tomorrow, with ender and nick down, he’d be the guy over Duvall.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Melancon was aces tonight. Hopefully, the other two newbies can catch up to him. Phillies lost so that helps a bit too.

• Options
    edited August 2019

The Brewers just went ahead against Washington in the 13th inning 13-12. They need 3 outs and we'll be 4 games up in the loss column against DC. If we win this afternoon we'll have series wins against The red hot Mets and the league best dodgers, I'll take it. Bobby Cox always preached winning series down the stretch.

• Options

FYI. The Braves start a day game in a few minutes. The Dodgers starting pitcher has a grand total of around 17 innings in the bigs. He's had one very good game and one bad game. We need to win today and sweep The Marlins in the 3 game series that begins Tuesday because we face a very tough run after that.

• Options
    LD10LD10 Posts: 434 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Wish FF would show up. Leaving too many runners on.

This discussion has been closed.