Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Braves Ongoing Season Comments Thread..

Comments

• Options
    MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I haven’t been able to watch today’s game but I read that Acuna got pulled, can anyone elaborate as to why?

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    ShadowSL14ShadowSL14 Posts: 213 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

As I understand it, he hit one and it made it about 2 feet from going over the wall and the guy caught it or something.. Snitker took exception that Acuna watched the ball fly rather than running the bases or something like that.

• Options

Missed where they pulled him. But he hit one off the wall, was walking and watching it fly instead of running (he thought it was a HR). Got a single on what should’ve been a stand up double. Then got caught stealing, Braves didn’t score a run with a runner on third with no outs, a lot of it had to do with Acuna admiring a long fly ball instead of running. Can’t do that ever, especially against great teams.

• Options
    MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks y’all for the info

What a day to not be able to watch, Ortega with the GS... hopefully the bullpen shows up like last night

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ortega has 4 of The Braves' RBI so far today. Every time a position player is signed or called up this season they catch fire for awhile.

• Options
  • Options

GOT EM !

The acquisitions are starting to pay off. Series wins against the hottest team in The NL and the best team in The NL. in the past week.

The Bobby Cox template of shooting to win every series down the stretch looks good so far.

• Options

I remember in Andruw Jones' rookie year he loafed and let a ball drop in front of him. Bobby Cox stopped the game, went into center field and pulled him from the game. I never saw Andruw loaf after that. It seems Snitker studied BC quite a bit.

• Options
    UGA4LifeUGA4Life Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m sure that, like Andruw, Acuña has learned his lesson. I would be very surprised if he isn’t back in there tomorrow.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I may have been a bit premature in calling for AA's lynching. All of the recent acquisitions seem to be rounding into form. Great job today. Our bench has served us well so far this season. A very nice 2 week stretch could sew things up for us.

For whomever it was that was castigating FF, I think leading the league (or being 2nd) isn't too shabby. Lighten up a bit ---nobody hits 1.000 or gets an RBI every time the opportunity arises.

• Options
    Bsampson0317Bsampson0317 Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ Junior

Braves pulled off an amazing Alumni Weekend, the 80s vs 90s Softball Home Run Derby was great. The Braves Organization is definitely doing something right when your former stars are always coming back to the ballpark. It also goes to show what kind of players on and off the field they were and why they had the success they did.

• Options

It shows the strength of those 90s and early 2000s teams and it's a tribute to Bobby Cox for making it about team first.

Speaking of team first. I just watched a replay of Sniker discussing his pulling Acuna for not hustling yesterday. He was the right hire, better late than never.

• Options
    TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Braves pick up Billy Hamilton off waivers. Speed speed speed, decent outfield defense

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2019

I wonder what his role will be? Starting in CF? I'm guessing Ender is done for the year.

• Options

I'm guessing he'll start at least some games in center. The guy is a rally killer though, I'm not crazy about the pickup.

• Options
    CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2019

It was reported that he will not receive any at-bats, he's there purely for pinch running and as a defensive replacement.

As for Ender I believe I read he's expected to be out 4-6 weeks. It's a shame though, he was starting to heat up at the plate. Markakis is also slated to return by mid-September, but obviously you never know if he'll be fully healthy or rusty during a playoff race.

• Options
    KirbstomperKirbstomper Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

CTdawg said he isn’t supposed to hit much. I’m sure he will end up having to at least a bit though. This is a really cool pickup for a 40 man roster, not so much a good one for the 25 man when we only having 1 healthy starting caliber outfielder.

• Options

I agree it's hard to keep niche players with limited spaces and the need to carry 8 to 10 relief pitchers. If we had 3 starters who we could rely on to go 6 or 7 innings per start we'd be more flexible in roster management. I think it's time MLB adds a couple of roster spots throughout the season.

This discussion has been closed.