Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Favorite Movies

Comments

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2019

Once Upon A Time In The West is every bit as good as Sergio Leone's earlier work with Eastwood in the Man Without A Name trilogy. Leone's extremely close shots of eyes at tense points in movies worked very well with Fonda's cool blues. They looked cold and sinister. Bronson's eyes are every bit as hard and confident as Clint's.

• Options
    Big_PruneBig_Prune Posts: 134 ✭✭✭ Junior
    Glory
    Best of the Best
    What about Bob?
  • Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@greshamdisco

"Searching for Sugarman - Amazing story. See it. 

Sing Street - great for children of the 80s. "

I'm adding those two to Netflix DVD now.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,884 mod
    Sing Street is fantastic. Soundtrack is great to
  • Options
    DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

and don't overlook the haunting score by Ennio Morricone and the amazing widescreen cinematography of Tonino Colli. Also had Jason Robards and one of my favorites, Jack Elam, (the scene with the fly and the pistol is classic) to round out the cast.

• Options
    RPMdawgRPMdawg Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Like alot that are being mentioned. To add to my lawyer movies list

A Time To Kill

Just Cause

I think i would have been a lawyer if I had the nerve to stand in front of a crowd and speak. I may have dropped out of college if I had to take speech. Advisor made a mistake, so I squeaked by without it. Thanks Dr Karnok

• Options

DawgBones. Claudia Cardinale was also in Once Upon A Time In The West. It's never a bad thing to have a beautiful, busty Italian actress in a Leone movie.

• Options
    fitzdawgfitzdawg Posts: 248 ✭✭✭ Junior
    @WCDawg I've always seen that Spinal Tap movie around but never sat down to watch it. It's on my "to watch" list now for sure
  • Options
    greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    @RxDawg, let me know what you think. Searching for Sugarman blew me away. Great, true story. Everyone I know who has seen it describe it as amazing. Hope you like it. 
  • Options
    Palm_City_DawgPalm_City_Dawg Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Airplane

Unforgiven

O' Brother Where Art thou

The Wild Bunch

All the Eastwood Spaghetti Westerns

Last of the Mohicans

Godfather I and II

Kentucky Fried Movie

Fargo

Blood Simple

Gladiator

Silverado

Braveheart

Desperado

Pulp Fiction

Casablanca

There's more, but if I come across any one of these movies on TV, the remote gets set down and I continue watching.

Great thread @PharmDawg2054!

• Options
    how2fishhow2fish Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Orlando ... there was another movie Henry Fonda played the villan in, Fire Creek with Jimmy Stewart playing a rather hapless sheriff..
  • Options

I should have put Airplane on my list. Other than The first 2 Godfather movies I've probably enjoyed watching it over and over as much as any.

• Options
    orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    For all you rap, hip-hop folks. Fear of a Black Hat is a funny one. 
  • Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

orlando - i think there was at least one other where played a bad guy vs a young inexperienced sherif. Can’t recall the title.

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Monty python and the search for the holy grail... done 
  • Options
    NOVADAWGNOVADAWG Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    First off great thread so many great movies on here already. I really like all the marvel movies
    Saving private Ryan

gladiator

Friday Night Lights

Deadpool 1&2

Red 1&2 

Bad Moms funny movie 

Ghostbusters 

Hallpass
  • Options
    edited June 2019

bmaudin. I love the invisible horses in Holy Grail.

• Options
    orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    I stand corrected. Learn something new every day in DawgNation
  • Options
    fareastdawgfareastdawg Posts: 35 ✭✭✭ Junior
    Dazed and Confused
    Memento