Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Could student loan “reform” wreck college athletics?

124»

Comments

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2019
  • scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

LOL, the arrogance of this guy is astounding. I guess he forgot how he felt compelled to drop in on a food related thread to let us know how dumb we were? Or last week when he felt the need to pick on a high school kid who was trying to be nice, railed about men's fashion and how obviously only HE knows what should be worn, and then started several useless threads in a tantrum after he was called out? Or the number of little slanders he throws out on a regular basis. Or his odd conspiracy theories that people are using other screennames just to get him lol. Ask the mods in between pming folks trying to stir stuff up Bank, they can see the IP addresses.

Debate skills?LOL. Typing TLDR or calling someone a lib isn't debating...I'm not sure that word means what you think it means.

Let's face it Bank, you're a knowitall bully. And frankly get over yourself. You do a perfectly good job of making yourself look like an ass without my help.

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ouch, Scootsie Wootsie. Those are some mean words you've typed out there, Mr. 5 Star Cook Blogger.

I'm in your head so much that you probably know every time I pass gas.

• WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2019

The fact is in the small town of Cedartown Georgia starting pay at the local Bojangles was 7.50 per hour when my niece applied 2 years ago. She was off for the summer while trying to make a bit of money before returning to UGA in the fall. I think Lowes and Home Depot start out at 10.50 at their retail stores, a bit more at their distribution center in Rome.

Unemployment has been steadily lowering for 7 years, but that doesn't mean a 40 hour week earns enough to run a household for millions of people, let alone pay for their children's college education.

Imagine a single mother earning $13 per hour. Her take home before insurance cost is $380 a week. She has 2 children, insurance for her and her kids takes $80 of that, that leaves $300, food cost $100, that leaves $200, rent and utilities run $150 a week, that leaves $50, gas to get to work and get the kids to school runs $25 , that leaves $25. Now the kids need clothes, an allowance and maybe a tiny sum for entertainment. So there goes the paycheck and more before even allowing for auto insurance, repairs, emergencies, oh, and putting back money for her oldest daughter's college expenses who is 15 and dreams of becoming a lawyer.

Tough shiit, right ?

• Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    There are two partisan agendas being pushed in this thread. There isn’t a guilty vs innocent here. 
  • KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

*UV does not equal endorsement