Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

If the Gus Bus leaves Auburn

13»

Comments

• Options
    GeoffDawgGeoffDawg Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Silver lining of Tucker to Auburn; might actually infuse a little class into that program.

It’s a good gig but if you have equitable options, dealing with those boosters can’t be very appealing.

• Options
    SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have no idea. Logically OCs have more exposure so I think Coley could be gone sooner than Dell but I have no clue.

What I’m confident in is that excluding Pittman, everybody is chasing the next move.

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,732 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That is great that Dell is the guy in charge when Kirby isn’t around...but is he getting paid like the #2 guy? He should be the 2nd highest paid coach then, right? For most coaches it’s all about “show me the money”. I hope we are taking care of Dell.

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,732 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep. I think Pittman is happy where he is. That is great because if we can only hold on to one coach long-term, I’d like it to be the OLine coach.

• Options
    MIghtydawgMIghtydawg Posts: 984 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't think that you can fairly characterize Tucker as being from the Kirby tree. Tucker has been coaching since 1997 and had been a college and NFL defensive coordinator as well as an interim head coach in the NFL before he ever coached with Kirby. He had 1 year with Kirby at Alabama and 3 seasons at UGA. Same would apply to Pittman and Coley. The rest of the staff, depending on how long they stay with Kirby, could be attributed to his tree.

• Options
    ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MIghtydawg ... Under the technical terms he would since he wasnt a HC prior to becoming one. Chaney and Pitt have expressed both would not like to rise higher than their current positions. Although Dell has been a HC I think he's learning under Kirby now and would also count towards his tree. These guys all are learning under Kirby ("by these guys" Dell, Coley, Tucker, Lanning, Schu, and CTS. Warren, Beamer, Chaney, Pitt have alot ofnprior experience).

• Options
    MIghtydawgMIghtydawg Posts: 984 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So out of this history, you put Kirby as the most influential coach in Mel Tucker's development?

1997–1998 Michigan State (GA)

1999 Miami (OH) (DB)

2000 LSU (DB)

2001–2003 Ohio State (DB)

2004 Ohio State (co-DC)

2005–2007 Cleveland Browns (DB)

2008 Cleveland Browns (DC)

2009–2011 Jacksonville Jaguars (DC)

2011 Jacksonville Jaguars (interim)

2012 Jacksonville Jaguars (AHC/DC)

2013–2014 Chicago Bears (DC)

2015 Alabama (AHC/DB)

2016–2018 Georgia (DC/DB)

2019–present Colorado

• Options
    ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2019

@MIghtydawg I know his history started a post on how he's doing at Colorado. But the answer is simply yes. Kirby was practically his boss for the last 4 years. I see he worked with Tressel and Saban but was under someone else. He's never stayed at a place or worked with someone longer than 2 years. But what you really pay attention to is hus change in recruiting Philosophy, play calling style, and schemes. Those are currently the things he's using to shift the "culture" in Colorado.

• Options
    DGDinNYCDGDinNYC Posts: 748 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dell has head coaching experience, albeit an interim basis at a small level. I'm hoping he sticks around for a few more years but at some point this is what you deal with at top programs. It actually will become a badge of honor because all the best up and coming coaching talent will want the join the Kirby coaching tree. .

• Options
    JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope Gus never leaves Auburn. I'd miss his pouty facial expressions as we curb stomp them every year.