Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Braves

Comments

• Options
    UGA4LifeUGA4Life Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I may be way off base on this, but in my mind this puts more pressure on the starters. They have to be thinking that they need to throw a complete game every time they step on the mound. Absolutely unbelievable how these trades to help the pen have blew up in our face.

• Options
    KirbstomperKirbstomper Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2019

Mets still bad. InB4 bullpen blows it

• Options
    BiggDawgg63BiggDawgg63 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Let's hope not for a change.

• Options
    UGA4LifeUGA4Life Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Acuña has played his way into the MVP race IMO. I would take him over Yelich and berringer any day.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

With a lot of games left to play, he is catching up to them in several categories but I"m not sure how much things like stolen bases and runners gunned down from the outfield (assists? ) count in the voting.

• Options
    MODawgMODawg Posts: 479 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yea it seems like only HRs count toward the MVP. Acuna is a true 5 tool. Dude could be a 30/30 for the next decade, all while hitting .300+ and winning gold gloves. He gets his 1st this year

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

How sad is it that the Braves get 3 high profile relievers at the deadline due to Jackson's failures and he is performing way better than all of them! Not one of the gets has a fastball!

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

WAR takes into account all of these factors, Yellich and Bellinger have been clearly ahead all season, Acuna is catching up, but likely will be right behind them in overall production.

• Options

Starting to think camargo May be more comfortable on the Mets. Both ****

• Options
    CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just one freaking time can we have a clean 9th inning?

• Options
    coastaldawgcoastaldawg Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2019

Before the season started there were several posters on here saying that Camargo should start in place of Dansby, I think those ideas are gone now that he has had a chance to play since Dansby has been out. Tonight wasn’t the first time he’s fumbled the ball trying to get it out of his glove. Has about half the range that Dansby has.

Don’t even want to talk about our new relievers, but two big wins to cool off the Mets. Glad their manager took Matz out early tonight.

• Options

No. is the short answer. On a side note, perhaps the Mets have the only bullpen in the majors worse than ours? Don't know what happens when the 7th inning arrives but the Bravos seem to wake up around then. This is a very gritty bunch. Very gritty.

• Options

there’s one thing we seem to overlook on this forum consistently when discussing the Braves.

All bullpens **** across baseball. Relievers in general are bad pitchers (failed starters almost all the time) and there aren’t near enough good ones to go around. As crappy as it is to watch our pen struggle, we aren’t alone in having to hold our nose watching our team pitch in the late innings.

Again relievers kind of **** in general and the run environment is insane right now. Our bullpen isn’t exactly good, but it’s around mlb average to a little below. That should tell you just how crappy bullpens across the game are.

• Options
    TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Seems like our bullpen has hit a wall the last month+. It could be the August heat up of bats

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't think it was too hard to see why people might've wanted Johan to start over Dansby. Dansby was playing bad (batting wise at least) the last several seasons, Camargo seemed to be on the upswing. Camargo was batting in the .270s last year, Dansby in the .230s for several seasons with a lot less power too... However, this year they both trended in the opposite direction they were heading. Dansby playing well, and Camargo not playing well. Hindsight is always 20/20.

• Options

Not sure what, if anything, happened to Johan. His full-time utility role doesn't seem to have worked for him this year. He seems to have slipped defensively as well as offensively. Hopefully just a blip and he'll return to "normal" next season or, even, later on this season. I'm pretty sure he hits better - almost .300 two years ago and .270 ish last year - with regular AB's but that doesn't seem to be happening this year. I'd hate to lose him but maybe he needs to go where he can play more - like for an entire season in a regular fashion.

• Options
    LD10LD10 Posts: 434 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Flowers is hurting us with his bat. He never comes through with runners on base. I know he had a hit (infield) but he would have been out if the pitcher had done his job.b