Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

COVID-19 Check-in 2.0

Comments

• Options
    GrayDawgGrayDawg Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Its a dog and pony show. Google is a huge donor to both parties. Nothing will come of this. They all probably went and had drinks after this meeting. Just another way to create content for clicks. Don't let them get you worked up.

• Options
    BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m not. It was just another opportunity to share a Breitbart link for me.

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options

It really was. We could all do with a little more perspective. I've developed this theory over the years. Humans don't deal with a lack of adversity very well. It's like we're built to deal with severe amounts of it, so when it's lacking we start inventing stuff or at least making things bigger than they are. But when something major actually does hit we tend to buck up and be better versions of ourselves out of necessity. War, hurricanes, etc. Even the pandemic at first went well. Then it didn't really pan out to be as bad as it could of been (thankfully). That's about when the finger pointing started too.

Mamma always said idle hands are the devil's work.

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Florida Deaths.

The deaths reported for the 7 days July 1-7 was 339 many of which showed as June Date of Death. Even by the report July 12th the deaths with DOD of July 1-7 were 385. The "current" death total for that week now stands at 568 from today's report including another 10 added today. It should be noted that the report today includes a record 253 deaths of which only 18 show a DOD of yesterday.

Given the level of deaths over the last 7 days (1,068) the mind boggles at to how many deaths have occurred so far in July that have yet to be reported!

I will be monitoring the final tally for July as it changes through August.

• Options

That’s one way to reach your prediction.

Be sure to subtract deaths in July to account for June, if that’s how it works.

• Options

I’ve kind of halfway explored those for our business. I think the biggest value added for us would be perception. Some people are so scared to do anything that I figure any little bit might help.

The problem I see with those lights is that air particles don’t stay in one place. You can’t light up everything.

• Options

I’m surprised some of these comments don’t have more UV’s. 😃

• Options
    Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Towards the bottom of the article the author is clear about the two primary issues, which is time to kill the virus (25 minutes with the light) and the potential side effects due to exposure, which are not known at this time.

• Options

I am going to compare the deaths with a date of death July 1st through July 31st as at August 1st report with the dates of death for that period as we go forward. I am not interested whether or not my prediction is right (it most likely isn't) other than to what extent the prediction model needs to be adjusted. I am more interested in to what extent the deaths reported as of August 1st is understated which if I recall is something you asked me a few days ago.

• Options
    edited July 2020

Follow up - this is how I intend to track the data.

When I started to enter what I thought would be good data for the first week is when I found that 6 of the 7 days were different to what I had logged on July 12th. I started as the numbers drop off the graph at 30 days and I didn't want to miss a number due to that. There may well be future adjustments that don't get caught because that day is no longer shown but hopefully that will be minimal. For instance July 1st will no longer be shown after tomorrow so it's best to have something rather than nothing in the event I forget to log it tomorrow.

• Options

I just heard on 750 that Herman Cain has died.

• Options
    GrayDawgGrayDawg Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Odd that the data goes away like that. I appreciate your efforts to better organize this stuff.

• Options
    PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2020

FL is still the key CV state to watch right now imo. I also thought the death rate would be a lot higher based on the population's age and the huge number of cases from the middle of June to the middle of July. We are right at the time it should be happening. However, hospital beds with CV patients as the primary diagnosis have actually improved a good bit over the last week, from almost 16% of total hospital beds occupied, to less than 14% occupied. ICU beds overall are just slightly better. I suspect they have a lot of CV patients in them. As I've pointed out, the pattern for CV has been that it rages for weeks and then it seems to burn out, and it might happen regardless of mitigation. Sweden is a great example, assuming something else isn't going on. If FL drops off soon, it could be following that same pattern and that might be great news for the country. There are a lot of interesting explanations as to why that could happen.

We aren't out of the woods yet, but the numbers are showing they might be dropping. It's too early to declare victory because they can turn around quickly and reverse the positive trend. At a minimum, hopefully the growth has leveled off.

FL cases by week (ending Mondays)

Testing is also showing a drop in % positivity, which along with less tests might be expected if less people are getting symptoms now.

• Options
    PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited July 2020

You can buy a UVC light for your air handler now. I have one in mine. There is a lot of debate on whether it can kill a lot in the air that passes through, but it definitely keeps the coils and air handler sterilized. I think the breakthrough will come when they get these via cheap LED bulbs. My bulb is expensive and has to be replaced every two years. And my HVAC guy, who is good, said you don't want to be exposed to it.

• Options
    BumBum Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,175 mod

Number 1 at something this time is bad..........

JACKSON, Miss. (WLBT) - Mississippi has the highest rate of positive COVID-19 tests in the country, data over the past 14 days shows.

A comparison of the 50 states (plus Washington, D.C.) was done on COVIDExitStrategy.org.

The data, pulled from multiple sources, shows a 21.7% of positive cases in the Magnolia State in the past two weeks, which is the highest in the United States.

Just three states--New York, Vermont and Maine--appear to be trending in the right direction.

The data also puts Mississippi at the highest rate of ICU capacity filled, with 98% of ICU beds occupied in the state. Alabama and Georgia are the only other states with ICUs filled above 90%.

More than 55,000 cases of the virus have been reported by Mississippi State Department of Health since March. Nearly 3% of those who have contracted the virus have died, which is slightly lower than the national average.

• Options

When I saw he was hospitalized a while back I got pretty worried about him. He fit the profile of some of the bad ones I see. I hate to see he passed.

• Options
    Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

In my county hospitalizations are at 10% of confirmed cases and deaths 1%. What we're not seeing is the number asymptomatic positive cases. That is a key statistic that seems to be missing from the data, unless I'm missing it.

This discussion has been closed.