Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next to Commit to the G

Comments

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Miami is my preferred landing spot for Jadon if not UGA. We won’t run into him and he can be the number one priority for 3 seasons and go pro.

• Options
    Tahoma2StepTahoma2Step Posts: 252 ✭✭✭ Junior

@SoFL_Dawg said:
    Recruiting update...

Starting with the OL here. As most are aware we’ve been on Clay Webb (#1 OC) & Trevor Keegan (#16 OT) for a while. Recently, a new development has been some chatter on legit chances with Darnell Wright (#2 OT) & Evan Neal (#4 OT). As far as ranking these guys, I’m hearing staff has them as Webb, Neal, Wright, and Keegan in that order. Staff is expecting both A. Thomas & Isaiah Wilson to declare for NFL next year leaving a significant need. Should all want in, it’s possible that 3 spots could be allocated to OL in final class, specifically watch Webb, Neal, and Wright here. 5 total spots here. Early playing time opportunity has enticed Neal and Pittman has pursued Wright. Both will be on campus for OV. Keegan is still in mix heavily, we’ll have to see what happens.

DBs-No change which is good news. Still hearing Stevenson, Elam, and Cross here. Staff remains in communication with Jordan Battle who’s giving UGA a long look as well. Safety position will be Cross/Battle or bust (opens up door for 3 OL). What’s notable here is that Kirby has become more involved with Stevenson. Strong indicator that preparation for losing CMT is underway.

LB-Lets start with Dean. UGA staff feels they will land Dean. Those close to Bama staff feel the same way. Hearing mixed emotions are coming from Dean camp on this one. Dean loves UGA. Momma Dean wants Dean to sign with UGA. Depth chart at Bama is more attractive with who they’re expecting to lose. Papa Dean is pro Bama. The Deans are a great family but Nakobe does live with his mother in MS while Papa resides in FL. Hopefully this is the slight advantage. Both are jockeying to get Dean back to campus just before signing day. This is a two horse race despite other schools being thrown out there. The game Sat matters but I wouldn’t put too much stock into the winner of this game lands Dean, as the determining factor, despite what some of you may have read on other site. The Deans are weighing their options. Heart vs. head on this one.
    Trez-UT closed hard but I’m told staff has picked up attention activity on Trez. As of today, considering he’s the most volatile current commit, still leaning to his commitment sticking.

WR-Haselwood-not good here as of today. There isn’t much Haselwood needs to see regarding the school. @JeffSentell article mirrors what I heard in that presentation on usage will be important. We could lose 4 WRs so Haselwood is becoming more important. Full transparency, I was told that staff’s thought is that Miami will land Haselwood.

DL-no update here but offers are going out. Stay tuned.

@SoFL_Dawg thanks for your continued intel. I hate the update on Jadon. I believe him to be of serious need, but he certainly isn't acting like he wants to be here and is finding any reason to shy away from the Dawgs. Reminds me of DRob's recruitment. That being said, I am hearing is that Dean recently said he is being recruited harder by Bama, and my source believes he is expected to land there. Jadon, according to this same source, feels good that he is a Dawg. I guess we will all see..... grabs popcorn

We must get Webb by the way. Really hope this comes to be.

• Options
    SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Tahoma2Step said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:
    Recruiting update...

Starting with the OL here. As most are aware we’ve been on Clay Webb (#1 OC) & Trevor Keegan (#16 OT) for a while. Recently, a new development has been some chatter on legit chances with Darnell Wright (#2 OT) & Evan Neal (#4 OT). As far as ranking these guys, I’m hearing staff has them as Webb, Neal, Wright, and Keegan in that order. Staff is expecting both A. Thomas & Isaiah Wilson to declare for NFL next year leaving a significant need. Should all want in, it’s possible that 3 spots could be allocated to OL in final class, specifically watch Webb, Neal, and Wright here. 5 total spots here. Early playing time opportunity has enticed Neal and Pittman has pursued Wright. Both will be on campus for OV. Keegan is still in mix heavily, we’ll have to see what happens.

DBs-No change which is good news. Still hearing Stevenson, Elam, and Cross here. Staff remains in communication with Jordan Battle who’s giving UGA a long look as well. Safety position will be Cross/Battle or bust (opens up door for 3 OL). What’s notable here is that Kirby has become more involved with Stevenson. Strong indicator that preparation for losing CMT is underway.

LB-Lets start with Dean. UGA staff feels they will land Dean. Those close to Bama staff feel the same way. Hearing mixed emotions are coming from Dean camp on this one. Dean loves UGA. Momma Dean wants Dean to sign with UGA. Depth chart at Bama is more attractive with who they’re expecting to lose. Papa Dean is pro Bama. The Deans are a great family but Nakobe does live with his mother in MS while Papa resides in FL. Hopefully this is the slight advantage. Both are jockeying to get Dean back to campus just before signing day. This is a two horse race despite other schools being thrown out there. The game Sat matters but I wouldn’t put too much stock into the winner of this game lands Dean, as the determining factor, despite what some of you may have read on other site. The Deans are weighing their options. Heart vs. head on this one.
    Trez-UT closed hard but I’m told staff has picked up attention activity on Trez. As of today, considering he’s the most volatile current commit, still leaning to his commitment sticking.

WR-Haselwood-not good here as of today. There isn’t much Haselwood needs to see regarding the school. @JeffSentell article mirrors what I heard in that presentation on usage will be important. We could lose 4 WRs so Haselwood is becoming more important. Full transparency, I was told that staff’s thought is that Miami will land Haselwood.

@SoFL_Dawg thanks for your continued intel. I hate the update on Jadon. I believe him to be of serious need, but he certainly isn't acting like he wants to be here and is finding any reason to shy away from the Dawgs. Reminds me of DRob's recruitment. That being said, I am hearing is that Dean recently said he is being recruited harder by Bama, and my source believes he is expected to land there. Jadon, according to this same source, feels good that he is a Dawg. I guess we will all see..... grabs popcorn

That would be interesting on both fronts. Hard for me to imagine Dean being recruited harder by another staff but I guess it’s possible. Staff is all in on Dean.

• Options
    judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@Tahoma2Step said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:
    Recruiting update...

That would be interesting on both fronts. Hard for me to imagine Dean being recruited harder by another staff but I guess it’s possible. Staff is all in on Dean.

Has George Pickens reaffirmed his commitment with auburn?

• Options

@judasdurant said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@Tahoma2Step said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:
    Recruiting update...

Has George Pickens reaffirmed his commitment with auburn?

I don’t believe he sticks with the barn. Lots of questions on eligibility though.

• Options
    IwantNakobeIwantNakobe Posts: 286 ✭✭✭ Junior

@SoFL_Dawg thank you for the intel. One question I have is if we truly take 3 of those 4, then could guys in the class now get cut off like warren McClendon?

• Options

@IwantNakobe said:
    @SoFL_Dawg thank you for the intel. One question I have is if we truly take 3 of those 4, then could guys in the class now get cut off like warren McClendon?

It is not expected but certainly possible. I was told 5 spots.

• Options
    Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@Tahoma2Step said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:
    Recruiting update...

I agree... nobody out works Kirby Smart on the recruiting trail. My absolute must get in this class is Nakobe Dean. We need ILB help - big time.

• Options
    ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Haselwood being sold on NFL aspirations. Miami has history of recievers and Mark Richt is pretty much responsible for all UGA Recievers in NFL (minus Wimms and soon to be Ridley). Then the scenery in Miami is enticing as well. The last visit and discussions with Coley, Chaney, and Hankton will matter

• Options
    HornedDawgsHornedDawgs Posts: 610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Thelordjohnson said:
    Haselwood being sold on NFL aspirations. Miami has history of recievers and Mark Richt is pretty much responsible for all UGA Recievers in NFL (minus Wimms and soon to be Ridley). Then the scenery in Miami is enticing as well. The last visit and discussions with Coley, Chaney, and Hankton will matter

I think he loves the Miami lifestyle and who could blame. The bright lights, the nightlife, the women.... And the football is good enough as well

• Options

@HornedDawgs said:

@Thelordjohnson said:

I think he loves the Miami lifestyle and who could blame. The bright lights, the nightlife, the women.... And the football is good enough as well

Truly will change your life...

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@HornedDawgs said:

@Thelordjohnson said:

But that stadium and fan attendance....

• Options
    WCDawgWCDawg Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'll commit to the G-spot, but not the G-string.

• Options
    ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    PolynikesPolynikes Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@WCDawg said:

Which one of you flagged this comment?

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Polynikes said:

@WCDawg said:

Which one of you flagged this comment?

@Polynikes Are you Water Closet's keeper? Asking for a friend.

This discussion has been closed.