Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next to Commit to the G

Comments

• Options
    SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@YaleDawg said:

Is Yellen off the table at this point?

I don’t know for sure but if he doesn’t visit these next few weeks I’d say so.

Comes down to his preference. He’s rated and skilled enough to where we may have a more immediate opportunity to see the field elsewhere. Kirby preaches competition but whoever signs in 19 is likely sitting for two seasons minimum.

Also keep in mind that these QB targets are coming from the west coast. Expect any visits to be OV because of cost. I’m watching to see if Coley/Cheney go in home. Dillion Gabriel could be the perfect stop gap for a 20 or 21 QB target.

• Options
    tiger_62082tiger_62082 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@YaleDawg said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@YaleDawg said:

I feel like it's gonna be hard to pull him away from a place where he's going to be the guy and play early especially with plumlee on board already.

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

@YaleDawg said:

Comes down to his preference. He’s rated and skilled enough to where we may have a more immediate opportunity to see the field elsewhere. Kirby preaches competition but whoever signs in 19 is likely sitting for two seasons minimum.

Also keep in mind that these QB targets are coming from the west coast. Expect any visits to be OV because of cost. I’m watching to see if Coley/Cheney go in home. Dillion Gabriel could be the perfect stop gap for a 20 or 21 QB target.

If Arizona State lands Jaden Daniels, which I don’t see happening (UCLA & Utah seem more likely at this point), then I believe Yellen would flip faster than you can say “Hot tamale!”

• Options
    njdawg81njdawg81 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

No surprises - Dawgs, Bama, Michigan, O$U, Clempson, Penn State

• Options
    SwimDawgSwimDawg Posts: 160 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Read on Twitter that CKS is currently at JH’s house as we speak. #closer

• Options
    MIghtydawgMIghtydawg Posts: 984 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SwimDawg said:
    Read on Twitter that CKS is currently at JH’s house as we speak. #closer

Smart just finished up a press conference for the SEC Championship. I doubt that he uses his one and only in home visit to drop by after a presser.

• Options
    HerschelismyHeroHerschelismyHero Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yellen used his OV on the Auburn weekend. Besides, they aren’t worried about the cost, his father flew them all in on the private jet. They can come whenever they want. Look to the December 15th weekend for all of the visiting names, that’s the planned last big OV weekend where Kirby historically tries to corral all of the heavy hitters together for a group Kum Ba Ya. With a few exceptions for high school basketball games and other previous commitments, if they aren’t in town for the weekend of the 15th then you can start to question a little bit the sign ability about a particular individual.

• Options
    MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SoFL_Dawg any word on if things have improved with Trez? I think you said they were communicating more, so hopefully that’s helped

• Options
    SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Muffingod said:
    @SoFL_Dawg any word on if things have improved with Trez? I think you said they were communicating more, so hopefully that’s helped

Nothing outside of that. The extra attention should keep him home.

• Options
    DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Has UGA football had any ethnic Pacific islander players?

Who remembers UGA triplets? Not sure of ethnicity..

Dustin Luckie, Miles Luckie, and Mike Luckie

• Options
    dawgbybirthdawgbybirth Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited December 2018

@donm said:

@bmauldin said:

@Muffingod said:
    Any updates on Haselwood’s visit? Last I saw was that it went really well.

Just that they almost lost to a sorry F$U team at a stadium 1 hour from campus that is usually primarily empty... and rains all of the time... with no indoor practice facility...

Do you think that if he (or any recruit) really believes Miami does a better job of getting him to the league that it will bother him that the stadium is a short bus ride from school? A lot of players made it to the league from Miami and the rain/heat didn't seem to slow them down all that much. And they did make a comeback win - the end will likely stick in his memory more than how sorry FSU was. IMO, of course.

Nothing you said is untrue. I have the same 6 season tickets at Georgia 18 years before born still have them and I am 52. I live across the street from UM last 30 years.
    The U is far from what it was in their hey day , we all know that.
    Talent can't hide from the NFL at any college. Sure that kid from Umass who hit us for 200 yard is going to the league.
    So I hope Jadon makes the right choice for himself and finds his right place. We are going to help men grow into the men they hopped to become at college. Also they will be legends when they win the national championship at Georgia.
    I like Jadons candor, but Georgia going to put the team first which is actually in Jadon's best interest whether he realizes it or not.

• Options
    greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    GrayDawgGrayDawg Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:
    Clay Webb...next to commit

I think you're on to something here. YESSSIRRRR!

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,882 mod

@thebamaWay2 said:

@12ed said:
    thebamaGay try to make a post in this thread? "Most recent by thebamaWay"

Looks like his comments are inaccessible on his account too.

He mad Clay Webb is a dawg and can't say nothing about it. Too bad.

Nope said that bama fans are laughing at the fact that @SoFL_Dawg would put Webb in a class prediction and that there is zero chance Webb signs with UGA. There is absolutely no reason to think Webb would sign with UGA and he’s actually playing y’all, I’ve heard he simply doing what Saban ask and Y’all will end up missing on a target thinking y’all have a shot at Webb. Y’all are no better then UF fans.

B)B)

Love to say I told you so

• Options
    Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@brentwilson said:

We need to hang on to this kid forever. He can be UGA's top recruiter after he graduates.

This discussion has been closed.