Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next to Commit to the G

Comments

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Casanova_Flatulence said:

@JeffSentell said:
    Here's the thing about sources with recruiting. ....

• Everyone has them.
    • No sources are ever 100%
    • When you miss, you learn why. Then move on. You learn something from it. Hard to call that a miss.
    • The real skill is layering the sources. All sides. That's the best information.
    • If you're getting the information from one perspective on this, then it is more likely to be flawed.
    • This is just like writing a story. More sources on the angle of these decisions, the better.
    • The best source is the most obvious one. Hard to get, but is always the most reliable.
    • Best advice that those in the industry all know is true at the 11th hour: "If you don't know or have an idea, then he's probably going to sign somewhere else."
    • One of the most interesting things to do is to compare conflicting information from alternate sources. Where it is different? Why it is different? When did things change? There is usually always a cause-and-effect trail there.

Jeff, there was a recruiting study published by a woman (can't recall the university) earlier this year or late last year. You should try and look it up. My aging brain cannot remember the details around how many players she tracked, however what I do recall is that she followed them from the start of their first scholarship offer through to Signing Day. She reviewed all publicly written articles and interviews about the recruit. Her findings showed that the success rate of predictions (over 85% correct) was attributed to Twitter posts. She was able to determine where a recruit was leaning based on "tell" language in the players Tweets. She found a common thread with the majority of players and categorized the Twitter language to give her the best odds of predicting where they'd go.

Essentially, if you want to know where a 5* is going to college, follow their Twitter feed. If she was on this forum, she'd admit that guys like Clay Webb are virtually impossible to predict accurately, because they're so private about the process.

Yeah, there's always those 15% that are a real PITA to predict.

• Options
    georgiaboygeorgiaboy Posts: 846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@RandomFan said:

@georgiaboy said:
    Who are you on the Rant? I assume you’re over there since you’re dropping AD’s name.

I stay low-key over there. Well, pretty much here too, but if I've posted there it's not more than a handful of times. I lurk on a lot of different places.

Not many folks here know about AD or his success rate.

• Options
    RandomFanRandomFan Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@georgiaboy said:
    Not many folks here know about AD or his success rate.

Yeah, I guess not. ;)

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

@CZCashvilleDawg said:
    Anyone else feeling good about Monday ?

I do

• Options
    brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Daxton Hill just flipped to Bama....

• Options
    dawgnation7dawgnation7 Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@brentwilson they’re starting to become our biggest rival, if they aren’t already. On the field and off the field it’s a battle for the top spot in recruiting and in the final standings.

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,406 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@12ed said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:
    Anyone else feeling good about Monday ?

No

I think that after this Monday I will never play my Bob Geldof collection again. I will love Mondays!

• Options
    dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

On a former commitment Reshad Chaney decided to go north to row the boat at Minnesota. Announced tonight

• Options
    umoonerumooner Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@12ed said:
    LG1 :

Big boy Neal’s eyes have been opened. Come learn for a year and have a chance to start. Him Sanders and Nolan are close

LG1:

Let’s just say BIG things are happening in Athens this weekend
    I See a #1 class if words are kept

• Options
    edited December 2018

@umooner said:

LG1:

LG1:
    We have a better than 60% chance to close with 4 more 5 stars

-- But, but, but...Haselwood, Webb, Dean, Neal, and Sanders is 5 more 5 stars :p

• Options
    SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@RandomFan said:

@umooner said:

LG1:

LG1:
    We have a better than 60% chance to close with 4 more 5 stars

-- But, but, but...Haselwood, Webb, Dean, Neal, and Sanders is 5 more 5 stars :p

Well news travels clearly. Fun times!

• Options
    edited December 2018

@SoFL_Dawg said:

More LG1:

“Lockdown” Nolan
    Nolan “The Closer”
    Kirby is on fire
    “Look for us to sign 26 this year” (that's 25+1 for 12ed)
    Words I’m getting so far this weekend

• Options
    umoonerumooner Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@RandomFan said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

More LaGuna:

“Lockdown” Nolan
    Nolan “The Closer”
    Kirby is on fire
    “Look for us to sign 26 this year”
    Words I’m getting so far this weekend

FYI, that’s not Laguna. Different dude altogether, but LG1 is considered gold on 247 from what I’ve gathered...

Might as well just listen to @SoFL_Dawg as opposed to Guna. Lots of similar info there. LG1 is a different source altogether as far as I can tell.

• Options
    BradDogBradDog Posts: 186 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options

@umooner said:
    FYI, that’s not Laguna. Different dude altogether, but LG1 is considered gold on 247 from what I’ve gathered...

Might as well just listen to @SoFL_Dawg as opposed to Guna. Lots of similar info there. LG1 is a different source altogether as far as I can tell.

You right, I brain-farted. It's late and I just spaced out. :s

• Options
    dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If we land Neal. He is the Isaiah Wilson of this class because we weren’t suppose to get him

This discussion has been closed.