Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next to Commit to the G

Comments

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

https://twitter.com/dillongabriel/status/1071019148283654144?s=21

• Options
    Raiderbeater1Raiderbeater1 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“Doomsday scenario” = we still finish with a top 5 class.

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2018

@CZCashvilleDawg said:
    https://twitter.com/dillongabriel/status/1071019148283654144?s=21

Oh Poi, that's good news!

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@12ed said:

@DGDinNYC said:
    I almost don't want to put this out there but what if:

• Cain goes to Texas
    • Sanders stays at Bama
    • Keegan goes to UM
    • Dean & Webb pick Bama
    • Haselwood is a Hurricane
    • Wright ends up in Knoxville

Who are the back up plans?
    What does this do to class ranking?
    Is this even possible?

It's quite simple.

We group sign a letter of grievances to Kirby and commit ritual mass suicide. There's simply nothing to live for if this happens. Afterwards we won't have to worry about back up plans or class rankings.

A backhanded way of promoting your Festivus tradition. Shameless.

• Options
    Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@RandomFan said:

@BarkingDawg1987 said:

@brentwilson said:

@DGDinNYC said:
    Sorry. Sorry. Sorry. I apologize.

it's all good. these are possible scenarios. I'm sure the staff has a "next best available" for each guy, however I'm feeling really good about Webb, Dean, Cain (if Holyfield leaves), and after @JeffSentell 's about Haselwood today I like our chances with him too.

Sanders - Strong Bama lean would be shocking if he went to UGA
    Dean - Current Bama lean
    Webb - Noone knows on this front, a lot of Bama folks believe he will stay in state. I personally believe UGA
    Wright - UGA currently in 3rd with Wright, but could be in the driver seat depending on what happens 12/19.

I have no idea about Cain and Haselwood or Keegan. This may seem like a death scenario but is really not far fetched.

Most regular readers around here already know most of this:

Sanders - A lean right now to Bama, wouldn't be shocking at all to see UGA move to the drivers seat with a good visit this weekend. He's not 100% sold on Bama quite yet; and we have Dell McGee, are RBU, and are still running the ball at a high rate...unlike Bama for all 3 of those.

Dean - AmericusDawg says UGA. He's been very, very, very, dependable over the years. And if anyone doesn't know who Americus is, then ya don't know much about UGA recruiting :*

Webb - see above.

Wright - speculation has been UGA is in the lead for weeks due to his knowledge playing time is available. Both of our starting OT's are projected to enter the draft next year and both Wright and Neal have seen how much playing time Cade Mays got this year, how badly we need stud OT's, and that we have the best OL coach in the country. The feeling is we have told Keegan to back off since we are confident in at least Wright, and/or possibly Evan Neal. We had an in-home with Keegan today and not long after Wiltfong put in his CB for Keegan to Michigan. Meaning our staff feels great about landing one of Wright or Neal.

Cain - as most around here already know, he wants in as long as Holyfield is going to the draft, which seems likely. He was sold on that "Swift" role as the 3rd RB behind Chubb and Sony his freshman year; with Swift likely going pro for Cain's sophomore season which would open up more carries for him. That's also going to be the pitch for Sanders, and this weekend will tell the staff how receptive he is to that. The feeling is Cain is a Dawg, unless Sanders wants to be a Dawg and takes that 2nd RB spot.

FWIW, Dell paid an in home visit to DJ Williams, who I prefer over Noah Cain.

• Options
    BarkingDawg1987BarkingDawg1987 Posts: 37 ✭✭ Sophomore

@RandomFan said:

@BarkingDawg1987 said:

@brentwilson said:

@DGDinNYC said:

it's all good. these are possible scenarios. I'm sure the staff has a "next best available" for each guy, however I'm feeling really good about Webb, Dean, Cain (if Holyfield leaves), and after @JeffSentell 's about Haselwood today I like our chances with him too.

Dean - Current Bama lean
    Webb - Noone knows on this front, a lot of Bama folks believe he will stay in state. I personally believe UGA
    Wright - UGA currently in 3rd with Wright, but could be in the driver seat depending on what happens 12/19.

I have no idea about Cain and Haselwood or Keegan. This may seem like a death scenario but is really not far fetched.

Sanders - A lean right now to Bama, wouldn't be shocking at all to see UGA move to the drivers seat with a good visit this weekend. He's not 100% sold on Bama quite yet; and we have Dell McGee, are RBU, and are still running the ball at a high rate...unlike Bama for all 3 of those.

Dean - AmericusDawg says UGA. He's been very, very, very, dependable over the years. And if anyone doesn't know who Americus is, then ya don't know much about UGA recruiting :*

Webb - see above.

Wright - speculation has been UGA is in the lead for weeks due to his knowledge playing time is available. Both of our starting OT's are projected to enter the draft next year and both Wright and Neal have seen how much playing time Cade Mays got this year, how badly we need stud OT's, and that we have the best OL coach in the country. The feeling is we have told Keegan to back off since we are confident in at least Wright, and/or possibly Evan Neal. We had an in-home with Keegan today and not long after Wiltfong put in his CB for Keegan to Michigan. Meaning our staff feels great about landing one of Wright or Neal.

Cain - as most around here already know, he wants in as long as Holyfield is going to the draft, which seems likely. He was sold on that "Swift" role as the 3rd RB behind Chubb and Sony his freshman year; with Swift likely going pro for Cain's sophomore season which would open up more carries for him. That's also going to be the pitch for Sanders, and this weekend will tell the staff how receptive he is to that. The feeling is Cain is a Dawg, unless Sanders wants to be a Dawg and takes that 2nd RB spot.

You can believe what you choose, but I can tell you right now you are not in the drivers seat with Neal or Wright. I understand many may know this but someone posted basically a Georgia death scenario and everyone acted as if it was impossible, when in reality UGA doesn't lead with 4 of the 7. UGA is picking up steam with Wright due to numbers at Bama. We will know more on Wright when on Dec 19 when Neal makes his announcement. If I am a UGA fan I would root for Neal going to Bama.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@BarkingDawg1987 said:

@RandomFan said:

@BarkingDawg1987 said:

@brentwilson said:

@DGDinNYC said:

Dean - Current Bama lean

Webb - see above.

You can believe what you choose, but I can tell you right now you are not in the drivers seat with Neal or Wright. I understand many may know this but someone posted basically a Georgia death scenario and everyone acted as if it was impossible, when in reality UGA doesn't lead with 4 of the 7. UGA is picking up steam with Wright due to numbers at Bama. We will know more on Wright when on Dec 19 when Neal makes his announcement. If I am a UGA fan I would root for Neal going to Bama.

Neal is going to Bama he’s just taking his visits. A Miami insider that I trust confirmed that as well. So...these scenarios are playing out well for us.

1. Neal goes to Bama. That keeps Wright in mix. Both teams are OK with that.
    2. Neal chooses UGA after falling in love with Pittboss. This isn’t likely but UGA could have 3 IMG players in Smith, Cain/Sanders, Neal. That could be enticing, those guys sticking together. Bama would still be in on Wright. Both teams are OK with that.
    3. Sanders-We don’t lead for Sanders, but the gap has closed. Even TX is in the mix now. Sanders seems iffy at best right now with Bama. I’ll put my money on the #1 recruiter in the country from 18 if it comes down to equal shots.
    4. Dean-I continue to hear Dawgs. I’ve heard Dawgs since May following the scavenger hunt. Again we have momma, and while Bamas engineering program is more established, UGA’s program is up and coming, on top of being the 13th ranked public school in nation. My source doubled down on that this morning.
    5. Webb-I’ve heard Webb since the reveal is a Dawg, going back to July. My source doubled down on that this morning. Pittboss factor.
    6. Wright-see your own post. We’re not leading but look at his options. In addition, we had a top 150 player at the same position who was 90% UGA. That’s no longer the case. To think that we simply lost that battle, at that position, would be naive considering Pittboss. That’s a strong indicator that we like where we’re at with Wright despite if some/most feel the other player is more ready to play today.
    7. Still believe we land Stevenson. Haven’t heard anything concrete to change our mind on Elam (who is going to be a player, period).
    8. Cain-Once the Holyfield news is public, I believe this is a done deal and gets tricky if Sanders/Williams wants in. Bottom line Dell closes with one of Sanders/Williams/Cain. I haven’t heard anything mentioned of Billy Bobbed at the position.
    9. Haselwood-trusting gut, will be a Dawg.

In long, both schools will end up with a beast class. I think we pull #1 but even at #2 we pull higher player avg which is what matters most. The rest will play out on the field Dec. 7th, 2019.

What matters most to me is that we get the best guys we can to fill the major needs we have coming up. Those ratings don't do much for me.

• Options
    BarkingDawg1987BarkingDawg1987 Posts: 37 ✭✭ Sophomore

I can tell you. I do not know where @SoFL_Dawg is getting his information but it is reliable.

• Options
    MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SoFL_Dawg do you think landing Wright would impact some of those stud OT’s in next years class?

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,882 mod

@Muffingod said:
    @SoFL_Dawg do you think landing Wright would impact some of those stud OT’s in next years class?

I’m not so flo but I’m guessing both tackles are leaving early

• Options

@texdawg said:
    @SoFL_Dawg I think I'm just as curious to see how accurate your info turns out to be on NSD as I am to see who the Dawgs end up signing.

Not questioning your info - and fully expect and understand if you miss on a couple. Just curious.

And I hope you are mostly right. Not just for the great Dawg class but also for your willingness to gather all this info.

I've been on SEC college football message boards since '96 and was one of the first posters on the Original Free DawgVent. I've seen a lot of "insiders" come and go. You always have to take what they say with a grain of salt.

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@thegreatwhite1 said:

@DGDinNYC said:
    I almost don't want to put this out there but what if:

• Cain goes to Texas
    • Sanders stays at Bama
    • Keegan goes to UM
    • Dean & Webb pick Bama
    • Haselwood is a Hurricane
    • Wright ends up in Knoxville

Who are the back up plans?
    What does this do to class ranking?
    Is this even possible?

Mark Richt is no longer our coach mi amigo.

Agree; no way we miss on all of these. Even with only one of the above we likely end up #6 or 7 at worst with a score around 284

• Options

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@Muffingod said:

Still could see 1 or 2 transfers from this group not mentioned in this post as well. So in long, no, we need the depth.

I wish we were developing this much quality depth across our IDL. I still see this as a slight area of weakness.

This discussion has been closed.