Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next to Commit to the G

Comments

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Thelordjohnson said:
    Trez will be a problem!!! Up to 4am watching film, hating the fans laughing at him, etc. This is a guy that doesnt lack motivation

Really. He seems to have that burning something inside of him. Hard to over value that.

• Options
    ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ftn49 said:

@Thelordjohnson said:
    Trez will be a problem!!! Up to 4am watching film, hating the fans laughing at him, etc. This is a guy that doesnt lack motivation

Why was he being laughed at?

They lost earlier in the year and the rival fans laughed at them

• Options
    ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@Thelordjohnson said:

Really. He seems to have that burning something inside of him. Hard to over value that.

We are agreeing. He will be a problem for the other team is what that means basically.

• Options
    judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Funny thought here.. do you think if Mark richt was at UGA we would be getting Haselwood?

• Options
    Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@Thelordjohnson said:

It's probably just gas.

• Options
    SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@RandomFan said:
    A couple of nuggets from LG1 today. One of these is already floating around the forums, but adding it anyway so it will all be in one place:

LG1:
    If signing day WAS today from everything that has been said and verbally promised here’s how things look, but this can change.

75% and higher
    Sanders
    Haselwood
    Neal
    Stevenson

Nolan, Dell, Pitboss and Kirby swung and hit a homerun this past weekend with Sanders and Neal.

50%
    Dean (Split household at the moment with his family)

25%
    Wright (Can go a lot higher with a great visit this week)
    Elam (hurt most by Mel leaving)

Checking on couple others and will update soon

LG1:
    Info I just got on Dean, THINGS ARE TRENDING UP FOR OUR DAWGS.

Let’s just say the in-home went REALLY well. If today was signing day based off new info I would move him into the 75% and higher group.

We have a REAL shot at finishing in the 320+ score range.

This staff is relentless.

Last thing is, class size looks to be 26 again this year, 2 from last class did make it in and one of the 24 was back counted

Go Dawgs

Some other poster:
    respectfully gonna say no friggin way on Neal. I haven't seen any other person even say we are in the top 2.

LG1 reply:
    I understand and appreciate how you feel, no one last week was thinking that we would be in-home with him this week and no one last year this time gave Pittboss a chance with Mays.

I promise, follow this one closely!!!

Some other poster:
    how confident are you with hazelwood? Is this situation thats toss up now with the in home and ov to seal the deal this week?

LG1 reply:
    I think very highly that we will sign him, but in his case De-recruitment will be Huge when he arrives on campus.

And I've heard from other multiple sauces that Sanders did indeed call and confirm to the coaches last night that he is indeed signing with UGA on the 19th. Now the trick is to get him to stick with that for another week.

Sounds right.

• Options
    RandomFanRandomFan Posts: 536 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:

@RandomFan said:

Some other poster:
    LG, any idea on the timeline for DC/DB coach?
    I saw that Locksley hired a DB coach, so Aazaar Abdul-Rahim seems to be on the way out at Maryland. He’s a good coach with Bama connections, so I wondered if he is just the odd man out at Maryland or if he maybe already has another gig lined up...

LG1 reply:
    After NFL season is over. Hint Hint

Last Raiders game is 12/30 if you wanna mark your calendars. Ansley as DC, raises for Schu and Lanning would be my guess. Ansley hangs for 2-3 years before taking a HC job and then Schu/Lanning co-DCs

Yep.

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:

@RandomFan said:

Some other poster:
    I saw that Locksley hired a DB coach, so Aazaar Abdul-Rahim seems to be on the way out at Maryland. He’s a good coach with Bama connections, so I wondered if he is just the odd man out at Maryland or if he maybe already has another gig lined up...

LG1 reply:

Last Raiders game is 12/30 if you wanna mark your calendars. Ansley as DC, raises for Schu and Lanning would be my guess. Ansley hangs for 2-3 years before taking a HC job and then Schu/Lanning co-DCs

I think I am kercited!

• Options
    jay_kubzzjay_kubzz Posts: 658 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2018

Plumlee gone.

Does Truss, McIntosh and Mitchell possibly not signing early have any significance? @SoFL_Dawg

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@RandomFan said:
    A couple of nuggets from LG1 today. One of these is already floating around the forums, but adding it anyway so it will all be in one place:

LG1:
    If signing day WAS today from everything that has been said and verbally promised here’s how things look, but this can change.

75% and higher
    Sanders
    Haselwood
    Neal
    Stevenson

Nolan, Dell, Pitboss and Kirby swung and hit a homerun this past weekend with Sanders and Neal.

50%

25%

LG1:

Let’s just say the in-home went REALLY well. If today was signing day based off new info I would move him into the 75% and higher group.

Last thing is, class size looks to be 26 again this year, 2 from last class did make it in and one of the 24 was back counted

Go Dawgs

Some other poster:
    respectfully gonna say no friggin way on Neal. I haven't seen any other person even say we are in the top 2.

LG1 reply:
    I understand and appreciate how you feel, no one last week was thinking that we would be in-home with him this week and no one last year this time gave Pittboss a chance with Mays.

Some other poster:
    how confident are you with hazelwood? Is this situation thats toss up now with the in home and ov to seal the deal this week?

LG1 reply:
    I think very highly that we will sign him, but in his case De-recruitment will be Huge when he arrives on campus.

Some other poster:

LG1 reply:

And I've heard from other multiple sauces that Sanders did indeed call and confirm to the coaches last night that he IS signing with UGA on the 19th. Now the trick is to get him to stick with that for another week.

@Unsworth

• Options
    edited December 2018

@jay_kubzz said:
    Plumlee gone.

Does Truss, McIntosh and Mitchell possibly not signing early have any significance? @SoFL_Dawg

As of today, I believe all will be in the class. I would be curious if both Neal/Wright want in. Gotta figure that could have an impact I think that McClendon being a DSGB would be safe while Truss could be impacted. Big if though.

• Options
    UnsworthUnsworth Posts: 227 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@bmauldin said:

@RandomFan said:

LG1:

75% and higher
    Sanders
    Haselwood
    Neal
    Stevenson

50%

25%

LG1:

Go Dawgs

Some other poster:

LG1 reply:

Some other poster:

LG1 reply:

Some other poster:

LG1 reply:

And I've heard from other multiple sauces that Sanders did indeed call and confirm to the coaches last night that he IS signing with UGA on the 19th. Now the trick is to get him to stick with that for another week.

@Unsworth

That’s huge if the silent comment from Sanders holds up.

• Options
    jay_kubzzjay_kubzz Posts: 658 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@jay_kubzz said:
    Plumlee gone.

As of today, I believe all will be in the class. I would be curious if both Neal/Wright want in. Gotta figure that could have an impact I think that McClendon being a DSGB would be safe while Truss could be impacted. Big if though.

Good, i really like and want all 3. Truss can be a big time OT for us.

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@jay_kubzz said:
    Plumlee gone.

Future minded, they would most likely choose McClendon over truss as to not get a bad wrap with instate coaches, right?

• Options

@bmauldin said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@jay_kubzz said:
    Plumlee gone.

Future minded, they would most likely choose McClendon over truss as to not get a bad wrap with instate coaches, right?

Yep.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,920 mod

@bmauldin said:

@SoFL_Dawg said:

@jay_kubzz said:
    Plumlee gone.

Also McClendon could probably play all four OL positions on the line similar to Cade Mays which also helps

• Options
    dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Also there is a big time prospect down there in Brunswick in either 2020 or 21 so we can’t mess that up.

This discussion has been closed.