Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next to Commit to the G

Comments

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Dawg19 said:
    I can't remember who it was in the last year or two but they did something similar and the beat reporters were able to find out that they had registered for classes or something but i believe they did it at multiple schools to cover themselves. Can't remember the exact situation though.

I think Nauta was accepted to several schools, but I doubt multiple schools would let you sign FA agreements... each would have to guarantee a spot... THAT would be all time trolling of other schools.

• Options
    Dawg19Dawg19 Posts: 318 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@bmauldin said:

@Dawg19 said:
    I can't remember who it was in the last year or two but they did something similar and the beat reporters were able to find out that they had registered for classes or something but i believe they did it at multiple schools to cover themselves. Can't remember the exact situation though.

I think Nauta was accepted to several schools, but I doubt multiple schools would let you sign FA agreements... each would have to guarantee a spot... THAT would be all time trolling of other schools.

I think you're right. It had to be two years ago before they made ESD. I feel like it was either nauta or gibbs who announced after classes had started at one of the all american games

• Options
    DGDinNYCDGDinNYC Posts: 748 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

\\

@Dawg19 said:

Think it was Najee Harris to Bama. He showed up there after the All American Game.

• Options
    brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

the article on 247 is saying that Tyrique will go public on the 19th

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Thelordjohnson said:

@donm said:

@ChicagoDawg said:

I think his plan was to sign on the 19th, but not announce until Jan 5. I believe he plans to be an early enrollee. I guess we will see on the 19th if he announces who he selects or waits for the All-American game to let the public know his decision. Have to think he will be in staying in Athens when classes start in January given the situation at the U.

If he boards a plane to Athens after the game we'll know, right? If he signs, how can it not get out as news? I puzzled. Is he going to do a "silent" but not sign? If he doesn't sign in the early signing period, doesn't that mean he can't sign until February?

No he can sign financial aid paperwork.

Ah thanks. I was thinking of LOI.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Dawg19 said:

@bmauldin said:

@Dawg19 said:

I think you're right. It had to be two years ago before they made ESD. I feel like it was either nauta or gibbs who announced after classes had started at one of the all american games

I’m pretty sure I’ve heard of players signing FA at more than one school.

• Options
    ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Dawg19 said:

Riley Ridley was the guy. He was a SC commit but signed FA papers to UGA.

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,417 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Thelordjohnson said:

@Dawg19 said:

Riley Ridley was the guy. He was a SC commit but signed FA papers to UGA.

Monty Rice was the classic. He signed FA paperwork after "flipping" from UGA to LSU and then surprised all by showing up in Athens on the first day of classes.

• Options
    BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2018

You have to list every potential school when completing your FAFSA. Imagine how tough that is for some of these kids who are undecided at that time and are deciding between 10 schools.....

• Options

@Bigcalidawg said:
    You have to list every potential school when completing your FAFSA. Imagine how tough that is for some of these kids who are undecided at that time and are deciding between 10 schools.....

Lust? We know what was driving your college choice :D:D:D

• Options

Lol. I only attended Cal State East Bay, but I gotta admit, there were some gorgeous Filipino girls there.

Ahh, the memories........

• Options

@BojanglesInsider said:

@Denmen185 said:

@Bigcalidawg said:

Lust? We know what was driving your college choice :D:D:D

That was an impressive ninja edit, it was so fast Den couldn't catch the original by the time he hit the quote button.

It’s cool. I addressed my Freudian typo.

• Options

Back to bed for BCD. I always wake up in the middle of the night and snack on leg days.

Night fam....

• Options
    DawgNutDawgNut Posts: 638 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If he boards a plane to Athens after the game we'll know, right? If he signs, how can it not get out as news? I puzzled. Is he going to do a "silent" but not sign? If he doesn't sign in the early signing period, doesn't that mean he can't sign until February?

I think EE's would be allowed to sign their LOI after the early signing period and prior to enrolling. They had to sign before NSD back before the ESP existed. Although I guess there could be a new rule that mandates EE's sign LOI's during the ESP.

• Options

@DawgNut said:

I think EE's would be allowed to sign their LOI after the early signing period and prior to enrolling. They had to sign before NSD back before the ESP existed. Although I guess there could be a new rule that mandates EE's sign LOI's during the ESP.

An EE can't sign a LOI outside of Dec19-21 but he can sign FA papers at any time and the minute he enrolls he is locked in to that institution even without a LOI.

• Options

@Denmen185 said:

@DawgNut said:

An EE can't sign a LOI outside of Dec19-21 but he can sign FA papers at any time and the minute he enrolls he is locked in to that institution even without a LOI.

I’m almost 100% certain the FA only locks the school in to the player and not the player to the school. However, the LOI locks both in.

• Options

@bmauldin said:

@Denmen185 said:

@DawgNut said:

I’m almost 100% certain the FA only locks the school in to the player and not the player to the school. However, the LOI locks both in.

But, the minute they step foot on campus the first day of school, with an FA they are officially bound to the school

• Options
    ChicagoDawgChicagoDawg Posts: 438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@ChicagoDawg said:

I think his plan was to sign on the 19th, but not announce until Jan 5. I believe he plans to be an early enrollee. I guess we will see on the 19th if he announces who he selects or waits for the All-American game to let the public know his decision. Have to think he will be in staying in Athens when classes start in January given the situation at the U.

I'm thinking the way it would go like this -he sends in his commitment letter on the 19th, but our Coaches agree to not say anything until he announces at the game on the 5th. I would be surprised if there is not a lot of info out there about which place he chose, but I guess no one would officially confirm it until the 5th?

• Options

@bmauldin said:

@Denmen185 said:

@DawgNut said:

Agreed 100%

• Options
    DawgNutDawgNut Posts: 638 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Denmen185 said:

@DawgNut said:

Makes sense, thanks for the info

This discussion has been closed.