Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next to Commit to the G

Comments

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@tiger_62082 said:

@ihateusernames said:
    Does anyone think their is a possibility of signing a 3rd running back since Zeus might need to red shirt because of the ACL injury?

I also thought about the potential to move Tae Crowder back to running back. That would open up the depth chart even more for Otis Reese and Channing Tindall.

Im not sure who will be the next commitment, but I
    it seems like everyday more good news comes pooring in. So I believe December 20th will be a great day for the program, and a huge building block to some very happy days for us fans.

Doubtful. I think this likely means that Zeus redshirts along with Justin and Owen. Fitz, Brule and Wildgoose Jr and Walthour should as well. Holyfield enters next season un an open competition with Swift for the #1 back. Either way, both will get touches. Herrien and Cook clearly behind those two. Elijah is my breakout player of yhe year.

Justin (fields)?
    I doubt it. I really think Eason is gone. Even though he loves uga, he is trying to get paid in 2 years.

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@tiger_62082 said:

@ihateusernames said:
    Does anyone think their is a possibility of signing a 3rd running back since Zeus might need to red shirt because of the ACL injury?

I also thought about the potential to move Tae Crowder back to running back. That would open up the depth chart even more for Otis Reese and Channing Tindall.

it seems like everyday more good news comes pooring in. So I believe December 20th will be a great day for the program, and a huge building block to some very happy days for us fans.

Doubtful. I think this likely means that Zeus redshirts along with Justin and Owen. Fitz, Brule and Wildgoose Jr and Walthour should as well. Holyfield enters next season un an open competition with Swift for the #1 back. Either way, both will get touches. Herrien and Cook clearly behind those two. Elijah is my breakout player of yhe year.

I think Condon is the only one of that group that redshirts. Fields and Fitz definitely do not as Fields will have some plays designed to utilize his mobility and Fitz will be needed. Both will earn valuable experience next year.

• Options

@Denmen185 said:

@tiger_62082 said:

@ihateusernames said:

I think Condon is the only one of that group that redshirts. Fields and Fitz definitely do not as Fields will have some plays designed to utilize his mobility and Fitz will be needed. Both will earn valuable experience next year.

IDK if fitz does. Nauta and woerner will probably get the bulk of the playing time. depending on the severity of condons injury, they may grey shirt him, but i think 2019 spots will be at a premium even more than they are right now.

• Options

If Hill, Salyer, Mays and Falelea commit to the G, do you keep Condon and Ericson? I truly dont know. Condon and Warren E seem to be studs, but if you could have an Audi or a Ferrari... Not to come off as a j e r k, but ...

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

No way Zamir redshirts. Going out on a limb now and say he will be ready by October at the latest.

• Options

@Kasey said:
    No way Zamir redshirts. Going out on a limb now and say he will be ready by October at the latest.

Look at how it took Chubb a full year to get back to his old ways (excluding unc game) and that was with all of the resources at his disposal and already having the strength and conditioning programs he had taken part in .
    I dont know that we would burn a year to have him for half of a year... of course, i doubt he is a 4-5 year player anyway with his talent.

• Options

@bmauldin said:

@Kasey said:

Look at how it took Chubb a full year to get back to his old ways (excluding unc game) and that was with all of the resources at his disposal and already having the strength and conditioning programs he had taken part in .
    I dont know that we would burn a year to have him for half of a year... of course, i doubt he is a 4-5 year player anyway with his talent.

That’s the only thing. If he’s only getting 8-10 touches a game that could be very helpful as opposed to sitting out the whole year. He gone after junior year anyway

• Options

@tiger_62082 said:

@bmauldin said:
    If Hill, Salyer, Mays and Falelea commit to the G, do you keep Condon and Ericson? I truly dont know. Condon and Warren E seem to be studs, but if you could have an Audi or a Ferrari... Not to come off as a j e r k, but ...

Ericsson is a definite keep. Kid is versatile and mean. He can play guard or center and is OK with a RS & waiting his turn. Condon is our developmental lineman for the year. Don't see us dumping him or grayshirting given his mom being an alumni and the fact that he MAY BE our only true tackle signee this year.

So if you could land falalea do you keep both?

• Options
    edited November 2017

@bmauldin said:

@tiger_62082 said:

@bmauldin said:

Ericsson is a definite keep. Kid is versatile and mean. He can play guard or center and is OK with a RS & waiting his turn. Condon is our developmental lineman for the year. Don't see us dumping him or grayshirting given his mom being an alumni and the fact that he MAY BE our only true tackle signee this year.

So if you could land falalea do you keep both?

I would pass on Faalele

• Options
    greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@tiger_62082 said:

@ihateusernames said:

@tiger_62082 said:

@ihateusernames said:

I really think Holyfield will do big things next year. His running is like a mix between Chubb (power) and Michel (burst) to me. Hard runner and hard hitter. He knows this is his chance to shine now while Zeus is recovering.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:

@bmauldin said:

@Kasey said:

That’s the only thing. If he’s only getting 8-10 touches a game that could be very helpful as opposed to sitting out the whole year. He gone after junior year anyway

Chubb and Michel gave us a full 4 years....Zeus might do the same. I wouldn't be so quick to count him as gone after 3.

• Options

@tiger_62082 said:
    What is up with Barnes? Has he played at all this year? I thought he had potential when we signed him.

Gotta be on transfer watch right? I haven't even seen him on second team in learning time

• Options
    PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:

Totally depends on the severity of the injury, are any other structures involved, etc. Also, how soon does he have surgery and start his rehab.

• Options
    oldon42oldon42 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@tiger_62082 said:
    What is up with Barnes? Has he played at all this year? I thought he had potential when we signed him.

My guess it is size and power he is 6' 3" and weighs 288 he is competing with Kendall Baker 6' 6" 287, Solomon Kindley 6' 4" 330, Ben Cleveland 6' 6" 340 and Justin Shaffer 6' 4" 345 for playing time.

• Options
    MIghtydawgMIghtydawg Posts: 984 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@tiger_62082 said:

@ihateusernames said:

Herrien has gotten carries in nearly every game before Holyfield. At this point, Holyfield is just on mop up duty.

• Options
    Dawgy_FreshDawgy_Fresh Posts: 895 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MIghtydawg said:

@tiger_62082 said:

@ihateusernames said:

Herrien has gotten carries in nearly every game before Holyfield. At this point, Holyfield is just on mop up duty.

We need someone to “fill” the bruiser role that Chubb did. The scheme is wear down a defense so u break their will late in games. I agree with everyone here and think Holyfield is gonna be our Chubb replacement.

• Options
    thehutch40thehutch40 Posts: 442 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@tiger_62082 said:
    Isn't Justin's injury severe? Broken finger... Zamir definitely is of that variety. No need to rush either of them. Plus we want to get 2 years of separation between Jake & Justin. Owen definitely could use a RS

While Justin's X ray looked bad, the fracture will heal just fine, he will get the pin out and have some physical therapy to regain full range of motion and then he will be good to go. I would wager that come spring or summer, depending on when he enrolls, you won't even know he had the fracture.

• Options
    texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hopefully our o- line has progressed enough after spring football that all the o-line recruits can red shirt - even Slayer.

Freshman lineman may have to start but no line coach EVER wants to start a freshman.

• Options
    HunkerDown10HunkerDown10 Posts: 56 ✭✭✭ Junior

https://twitter.com/CUTigers_com/status/932628555393052678

Jamaree Salyer just retweeted this status... Cade Mays just became a top priority

• Options

@HunkerDown10 said:
    https://twitter.com/CUTigers_com/status/932628555393052678

Jamaree Salyer just retweeted this status... Cade Mays just became a top priority

No need to panic - means nothing

This discussion has been closed.