Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next to Commit to the G

Comments

• Options
    efreeman3efreeman3 Posts: 99 ✭✭✭ Junior

Trezmen Marshall

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@efreeman3 I hope so, he was close at one point and I think Manac going to La Tech instead of another SEC school only helps us with Trez

• Options
    bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CZCashvilleDawg said:
    @efreeman3 I hope so, he was close at one point and I think Manac going to La Tech instead of another SEC school only helps us with Trez

He will be a 5 star when it’s all said and done.

Travon Walker will be a HIGH 5 star as well.

• Options
    BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

What was the deal with Manac? Odd that he left and then after a year lands at La Lafayette. There's a problem there somewhere. You would have thought he was going to be recruited by at least half the SEC. DId he not get committable offers from Florida and other schools, or is he running from competition? Did he not do well at Garden CIty?

Did he get on campus and start thinking right away he would never move up the depth chart, or did he get on campus and the staff recognized right away that he would never move up the depth chart? It's almost like the kid thought he was supposed to be anointed the starter on Day 1, and then figured if he couldn't do it UGA that he wouldn't do it anywhere else but Po-Dunk State. That's a lack of competitive spirit. Anyone know?

• Options
    rocco4UGArocco4UGA Posts: 249 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Bankwalker said:

@CZCashvilleDawg said:

What was the deal with Manac? Odd that he left and then after a year lands at La Lafayette. There's a problem there somewhere. You would have thought he was going to be recruited by at least half the SEC. DId he not get committable offers from Florida and other schools, or is he running from competition? Did he not do well at Garden CIty?

Did he get on campus and start thinking right away he would never move up the depth chart, or did he get on campus and the staff recognized right away that he would never move up the depth chart? It's almost like the kid thought he was supposed to be anointed the starter on Day 1, and then figured if he couldn't do it UGA that he wouldn't do it anywhere else but Po-Dunk State. That's a lack of competitive spirit. Anyone know?

Speculation was that Grant passed him on the depth chart and he saw the writing on the wall.

• Options

As to why he didn’t end up at bigger schools after Juco , who knows ? Could be attitude or grades , not sure because at first he was a UF lean per 24/7 and then down to Louisville and on signing day another level drop

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2018

@CZCashvilleDawg said:
    As to why he didn’t end up at bigger schools after Juco , who knows ? Could be attitude or grades , not sure because at first he was a UF lean per 24/7 and then down to Louisville and on signing day another level drop

I recall a piece dawg nation had which praised him as having a true work ethic and great charter. I wonder what’s the rest of the story.

• Options
    FunroeFunroe Posts: 141 ✭✭✭ Junior

@tiger_62082 said:
    I feel another commitment coming soon.

Travon walker or Bill norton?

• Options
    mleemlee Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I would love to get the LB out of Greyson! Hope stocking all those LBs this yr doesn’t run him off..

• Options

@tiger_62082 said:
    I feel another commitment coming soon.

Is it really just a feeling, or are you just being coy?

• Options

I’m just tossing it out but I hope it’s Trez

• Options
    ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@mlee said:
    I would love to get the LB out of Greyson! Hope stocking all those LBs this yr doesn’t run him off..

It shouldnt. UGA seems set at OLB but inside still needs help. I only see Rice, McBride, Tindall, and if he moves Quay. So Pappoe, Marshall, and Betrand finish off and thats the depth for UGAs 2 deep.

• Options
    ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2018

As for Manac I think LA Tech has a good staff and connections to the league (a few prospects). Florida was a interest before coaching change.

• Options

@Thelordjohnson said:

@mlee said:

It shouldnt. UGA seems set at OLB but inside still needs help. I only see Rice, McBride, Tindall, and if he moves Quay. So Pappoe, Marshall, and Betrand finish off and thats the depth for UGAs 2 deep.

Add Jayden Hunter. Laguins was moved to the outside, but he would seem a little lost on the depth chart there and also easily the smallest at the position. So far he has only played on ST as a freshman a year ago - I think. I'm looking for McBride to make a move up in the Spring. He ran a 10.7 100m and was state champion in his class. 6-2, 230 and runs a 10.7 100??? Beast potential if he can get things to click for him mentally.

Manac is La Lafayette signee not La Tech.

• Options
    dawgy10dawgy10 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I know I'm gonna get crucified here but I still think McBride is not gonna cut it, I think he has been recruited over and was a product of weak high school competition, yes I know he's fast, special teams player is wat I see

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,886 mod

I think we get something this week. 2019 DB

• Options

2019 DB would be Big

• Options
    dawgy10dawgy10 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@judasdurant said:

@dawgy10 said:
    I know I'm gonna get crucified here but I still think McBride is not gonna cut it, I think he has been recruited over and was a product of weak high school competition, yes I know he's fast, special teams player is wat I see

His division was stacked with all the Atlanta schools when he was in highschool. He’s also 6’3 230 with a 4.5 40. He’s gonna be very good.

He playedbin south georgia, no atlanta schools

This discussion has been closed.