Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football-Ohio State live updates, score, injury news for College Football Playoff game

Comments

• Options
    deputydogdeputydog Posts: 132 ✭✭✭ Junior

These Pac10 refs need to go back to the West coast. That is not targeting.

• Options

I appreciate the Natty last year. Thanks UGA.

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah , I actually think it was a good play. Harrison jr was in bounds and almost caught it. Did the refs want him to catch it??? Don’t answer that cause we all know what the answer is in this one.

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 2023

With the big money, it dropped to 5 1/2, this afternoon, but at 750 pm, it went to 4. Maybe some on big money, but like I said, something just feels off.

Just for a side note, until this drive, Bennett was 12/22, with 5 straight incompletions. At least that streak is now over. LOL.

• Options

Bennett had to be good to great and he has been bad.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If he throws it away...you complain.

If he keeps it...you complain.

If he throws it into coverage for an INT or incompletion...you complain

What exactly do you expect him to do with the ball, if there's nowhere to throw it and nowhere to run? That's what I see. And, on top of all that, our All American field goal kicker is kicking it everywhere, BUT and the punter isn't doing much better.

This team was not mentally ready to play. That's the coaching staff's fault...but, it's also on the players. This isn't their first game or even their first playoff. A lot of these guys are losing draft stock. And, that's unfortunate.

Even Monkin is off his game. Day seems to be way ahead of him.

BUT...the Dawgs were in a similar position in the 1st half. Then they scored 17 points to go ahead. That's what I expect to happen now. And of all the teams I've seen play this year...you can never count the Dawgs out. Too many ways they can beat you.

But, the defense must hold them ifthe offense is to have a chance to work It's magic. Who knew Special Teams and Defense would be their Achilles Heal in the CFP? Lol

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Believe it or not there is one Good though very painful thing that the Dawgs can get out of this game. And that is all the younger players on the team ( First year Freshmen) hadn’t experienced the utter pain of a loss . That pain can be turned into a Huge motivator. As is being illustrated by OSU right now.

• Options

Smart needs to update the profile of the QB he recruits. Kirby is not going to change the QB so if Bennett does not improve this game is over.

• Options

Man I sure wish our Dawgs would make me eat crow and Win this thing !! I’d gladly delve off into it feathers and all Lol !!

• Options

An interception and two missed field goals, you cannot win at this level with this.

• Options
    KudzuKudzu Posts: 358 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Whelp, it’s 5 AM here (watching this thing while on vacation in Europe), and I can’t invest any more sleep time in this stinker. I truly hope they pull it out in the fourth, but not gonna be further disappointed when I wake up if they didn’t. So disappointed that the O-line, but esp Jalen Carter on D, seemed to come in out of shape, but there’s really no Dawg player who can claim they gave their best through three quarters today, I’m afraid. OSU sure seemed to.

All that said, thanking this team (and DN posters!) for giving me, my friends, and family a great season that, to this point, I have thoroughly enjoyed.

Have a great 2023, all!

• Options
    BigTenEatsFartsBigTenEatsFarts Posts: 147 ✭✭✭ Junior

How many times will we see/hear that uga wasn’t ready or motivated to play a game? Kirby had proved all the haters wrong and been a phenomenal developer and coach but I don’t understand why our team has been flat so many times. It’s like a flip of a coin that we get the team that whooped Oregon and Ut or the team that played Kent state, mizzou, etc. I do not understand it which is why I had no idea what to expect of this game

• Options

Lol...your right.. The offense has to mount sustained drives in order to wear down a defense. OSU is playing with the same chip on it's shoulder, that UGA played with last year.

We'll see if they can do that, this time. Maybe they've settled down a little bit. Bowers isn't getting the YACs he usually gets either.

• Options

I think maybe our Dawgs got bit by the Entitlement Bug. It’s pretty obvious that OSU is pretty much firing all the V8 cylinders, while our Dawgs have dead spark plugs on at least 4 cylinders.

• Options

Crooked refs. Lol

• Options

@Kudzu Wish You & Family and All Dawgs fans a Great New Year !’ P. S. Still Love and Very Proud of this Dawgs team. But I’m very disappointed in this game.

• Options

It fourth down why in the heck would you throw the ball short in traffic. UGA is not playing winning football tonight. UGA is getting out played and out coached tonight. If Moniken call that play then I don't know what to say.

• Options

Thank God for replay. Hard to cheat with that technology and rule. Lmao