Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Any Hot Sauce Fans out there?

Comments

• Options
    DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@FirePlugDawg said:

For another post perhaps but it you want to avoid high fructose corn syrup, most ketchups have it. French's makes a sugar (sucrose) based ketchup, and Heinz' organic ketchup has sugar too. Big Lots has/had the French's. (And of course avoid almost all sodas/pops and bottled 'fruit' drinks. But Gatorade has sugar.)

Ever notice how much sugars in Milk.

• Options

A 16 oz pint of good Beer usually averages 10 grams of sugar vs a glass of Milk which comes in at 12 grams for a 8 oz glass.
    Is that a no-brainer or what.

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,042 mod

@DawgBones said:
    A 16 oz pint of good Beer usually averages 10 grams of sugar vs a glass of Milk which comes in at 12 grams for a 8 oz glass.
    Is that a no-brainer or what.

That's why I pour beer on my cornflakes and top it off with some hot sauce....

• Options
    Dawgsince76Dawgsince76 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hillary Clinton

• Options

@BojanglesInsider said:

@Dawgsince76 said:
    Hillary Clinton

Hot sauce in your purse?
    It's sad that I remembered that. My brain needs cleansing.

• Options

That’s funny

• Options

I would tag you guys but I don’t know how

• Options
  • Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DawgBones said:

@FirePlugDawg said:

For another post perhaps but it you want to avoid high fructose corn syrup, most ketchups have it. French's makes a sugar (sucrose) based ketchup, and Heinz' organic ketchup has sugar too. Big Lots has/had the French's. (And of course avoid almost all sodas/pops and bottled 'fruit' drinks. But Gatorade has sugar.)

Another common item that has high fructose corn syrup are those jelly containers at diners/awful house. For breakfast out you are pretty well scre-wed - ketchup and jelly. Watch it out there! Circling back, unlikely hot sauce is an issue. Never leave home without it

• Options
    jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I like El Yucateco myself. The flavor is amazing. Doesn’t take much since it it a habanero hot sauce. Tabasco tastes like vinegar. :s

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,737 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Some MRE's (Meal, Ready To Eat) come with tiny bottles of Tabasco. That s#it is a life-saver. I used to collect the unused bottles from the guys who didn't like it. Made so many "ham slice" and "beef stew" MREs tolerable. If you have never experienced a MRE, well...it's hard to explain...but Tabasco really helps.

• Options
    BullyDawgBullyDawg Posts: 524 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@jarred_buck said:
    I like El Yucateco myself. The flavor is amazing. Doesn’t take much since it it a habanero hot sauce. Tabasco tastes like vinegar. :s

Agree on Yucateco! Great stuff.

Also like Valentina (black label, not yellow). Good flavor, good heat. (Yellow label has good flavor too, just not as much heat).

• Options
    jarred_buckjarred_buck Posts: 958 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BullyDawg said:

@jarred_buck said:

Agree on Yucateco! Great stuff.

Also like Valentina (black label, not yellow). Good flavor, good heat. (Yellow label has good flavor too, just not as much heat).

That’s my second favorite!

• Options
    edited May 2018

Here's one that I don't believe has been mentioned. One of my favorite go-to sauces for oysters, stews, deviled eggs, and about anything else you can swallow.

The XX Hot is not really that hot in comparison to most sauces. Has a unique flavor that marries well with the mild heat.
    Used to run into Ed all the time but haven't seen him in a good while. He's a big Nole fan as one would expect down in Franklin and Gulf Co.

• Options
    BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Every time I see this thread I feel all warm inside.......

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

Is it wrong of me that if they make the hot sauce somewhere up north I never trust it?

• Options
    BullyDawgBullyDawg Posts: 524 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Got this in 'Nawlins. Let's just say its name is pretty accurate.

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,737 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BullyDawg said:

New Orleans is famous for stores that simply take some generic hot sauce and slap all kinds of crazy labels on them.

• Options
    BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@pgjackson said:

@BullyDawg said:

New Orleans is famous for stores that simply take some generic hot sauce and slap all kinds of crazy labels on them.

I know

@FirePlugDawg said:

@DawgBones said:

@FirePlugDawg said:

Another common item that has high fructose corn syrup are those jelly containers at diners/awful house. For breakfast out you are pretty well scre-wed - ketchup and jelly. Watch it out there! Circling back, unlikely hot sauce is an issue. Never leave home without it

@FirePlugDawg said:

@DawgBones said:

@FirePlugDawg said:

I’m diggin the health awareness. I’m super carb sensitive myself.

• Options

@pgjackson said:

@BullyDawg said:

Notice on the bottom of the bottle..."Product of Costa Rica" Not knocking it, but you are right. Some of the best sauces come out of Costa Rica and Jamaica.