Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Any Hot Sauce Fans out there?

Comments

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,042 mod

@Bigcalidawg said:

@Kasey said:
    Just wanna say I love how I got voted off topic in a thread about hot sauce when I posted about hot sauce

Lol, maybe your sauce is not good.....

Well, at least a certain poster is not down voting our every post like they were before..........

• Options
    DawgsauceDawgsauce Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is all you'll ever need, if you can get it near you.

• Options
    BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Dawgsauce said:
    This is all you'll ever need, if you can get it near you.

Nom, nom

• Options
    DawgsauceDawgsauce Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Bigcalidawg That's right. They also make one with oranges and another with grapefruit. If you ever traveled in Belize, this is everywhere and you used to be unable to get in States. They now have it here in Ingles Supermarket in Asheville, NC. I have a large stash of it at all times. Great taste, and if you like hot hot, the Beware or the No Wimps Allowed are great and you can still taste it unlike sauces made with that capsium BS.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

I mixed some franks and ranch this week and put it in some chicken and it was fantastic. Took the butter suggestion as well

• Options
    andrews1253andrews1253 Posts: 427 ✭✭✭ Junior

Guess you can learn pretty much anything from Dawg fans.
    How does an old man find a girlfriend?

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2018

Had some of this Predator sauce at Firehouse Subs the other day. My favorite thing there is to try out the hottest sauce they have. This was listed as a 9 out of 10. I've had many of their 10s and have not really been impressed with the hotness of them. THIS, however, needs to be taken off the shelf for public safety reasons. Poured a little on the tray, dipped my sandwich in, took one bite and knew this was not a typical Firehouse hot sauce. I love hot food, and enjoy testing myself, but this was beyond what should be offered in a restaurant. I felt a little ill the rest of the day. Never really had a reaction like that before. Maybe it was just a bad day or something...but this kicked my a$$.

https://www.hotsauce.com/Predator-Great-White-Shark-Hot-Sauce-p/1345pr.htm?gclid=CjwKCAiAlfnUBRBQEiwAWpPA6fIw4R0VqrC8BOs9QOOsaBx9Twms7PmYjSkH1tPvkrjFUxfb6IW8_xoCmjEQAvD_BwE&click=74864

• Options

@pgjackson said:
    Had some of this Predator sauce at Firehouse Subs the other day. My favorite thing there is to try out the hottest sauce they have. This was listed as a 9 out of 10. I've had many of their 10s and have not really been impressed with the hotness of them. THIS, however, needs to be taken off the shelf for public safety reasons. Poured a little on the tray, dipped my sandwich in, took one bite and knew this was not a typical Firehouse hot sauce. I love hot food, and enjoy testing myself, but this was beyond what should be offered in a restaurant. I felt a little ill the rest of the day. Never really had a reaction like that before. Maybe it was just a bad day or something...but this kicked my a$$.

https://www.hotsauce.com/Predator-Great-White-Shark-Hot-Sauce-p/1345pr.htm?gclid=CjwKCAiAlfnUBRBQEiwAWpPA6fIw4R0VqrC8BOs9QOOsaBx9Twms7PmYjSkH1tPvkrjFUxfb6IW8_xoCmjEQAvD_BwE&click=74864

Well, it sounds like my Scorpion sauce in their description. The key is "One drop at a time.."

"It'll burn your taste buds! "This sauce is too hot for "normal" landlubbers. It will attack you with no warning and take a big bite out of your " Use as a food supplement only! One Drop at a time! "

• Options
    BigDawg747BigDawg747 Posts: 170 ✭✭✭ Junior

Pappy's Moonshine Madness bbq sauce is on point with heat, even though it is bbq sauce i use it as a hot sauce. All of Kroger's Private Selection sauces are on point with flavor, especially the Peruvian sauce and the peri peri chili sauce. Farm Beuru in Athens has a bunch of sauces, can't remember the maker but they have a peach flavored hot sauce that is great. There is a guy in Madison , Ga that has a good line-up of sauces that are very flavorful. when i get home I'll let yall know the name of it.

My go to is Texas Pete hotter hot sauce.

• Options
    BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’ve learned that heat and good flavor are often mutually exclusive.

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2018

(As if almost 2 months haven't passed) Attached is a Scoville heat unit chart. I top out at about Thai pepper.

For a mild pepper sauce, I like Melinda's Jalapeno sauce (Costa Rico) generally available in pepper/hot sauce shops. The newer versions have Xanthum gum (last ingredient = least weight), but the base is peppers, vinegar and salt. I don't like sauces with too many ingredients especially onion, garlic and things like wheat or some type of grain. The closer to peppers, vinegar and salt, the better.

• Options

Getting about time to have some Scorpion Pepper Sauce. Need to cleanse all this Grayson, Aubarn and Poppacorn out of my system.......

• Options
    andrews1253andrews1253 Posts: 427 ✭✭✭ Junior

@ghostofuga1 said:
    Getting about time to have some Scorpion Pepper Sauce. Need to cleanse all this Grayson, Aubarn and Poppacorn out of my system.......

Couldn't happen soon enough for me. Time to move on!

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:
    I do, but I’m a wimp and am still on Tabasco which a co-worker of mine calls ketchup

@Kasey that's hilarious! Never heard someone call Tabasco ketchup!!!

• Options
    edited May 2018

My wife loves the Sriracha sauce

• Options
    edited May 2018

Me? I'm not too picky. This stuff here is good I think. I use it all the time..

• Options

@ghostofuga1 said:

@andrews1253 said:

I've heard somewhere that this stuff works wonders...

• Options

@christopherules said:

@ghostofuga1 said:

@andrews1253 said:

I've heard somewhere that this stuff works wonders...

Can also buy you a lot of hot sauce if your date isn't impressed.

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@christopherules said:

@Kasey said:
    I do, but I’m a wimp and am still on Tabasco which a co-worker of mine calls ketchup

@Kasey that's hilarious! Never heard someone call Tabasco ketchup!!!

For another post perhaps but it you want to avoid high fructose corn syrup, most ketchups have it. French's makes a sugar (sucrose) based ketchup, and Heinz' organic ketchup has sugar too. Big Lots has/had the French's. (And of course avoid almost all sodas/pops and bottled 'fruit' drinks. But Gatorade has sugar.)